Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Debate stuns  (Read 713 times)

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Debate stuns
« on: December 02, 2008, 03:15:23 pm »

How long does the debate stun last? One of my Elites was debate-stunned, dropped from 1000 to 100 juice, and upped seven wisdom before I stopped holding F. It's been two days, and I still get stun messages when he goes outside.

Should I just wait longer, or is he worthless forever now?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Debate stuns
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 04:06:55 pm »

The problem is that their debate stuns were being stacked repeatedly as you sat there fighting, so you have a LOT of stun to work off. Just go on a site action, sit somewhere peaceful, and choose to wait for awhile and your Liberal should recover -- it's based on the number of combat rounds that pass, and you can pass that out of combat. I'll consider it a bug that debate stuns aren't cleared at the end of the day, and that there isn't a maximum of, say, five or ten turns of stun that can be backlogged.

It is meant to be quite powerful, however, and a one-on-one between a powerful fighter and an archconservative debater can come out in favor of the debater easily if your fighter gets in a stun lock. Your best bet if that happens is to run away or take the debater hostage.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 04:13:50 pm »

I have for a long time been under the impression the negative effects were permanent. To me, this is good news!

Still somewhat curious as to whether or not having someone suicide under interrogation/kill someone under interrogation leaves permanent damage though. It would be nice if they returned to normal after a month or two after doing it.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 04:30:21 pm »

Yes, killing hostages in interrogation permanently damages the leader interrogator's heart (throws up in a trash can, curls up in a corner, cries), or permanently increases their wisdom (grows colder). It's always one of the two.