Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 18. Aqizzar dooms us all!  (Read 28734 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 1. Waiting on Frelock.
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 08:57:26 pm »

WAIT!! :O

I'm going north too. Strength in numbers.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 1. Waiting on Frelock.
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 10:22:18 pm »

Dice rolls for turn one! That took a while to type.
Four people were interested in being the spy. Sorry to those who did not get lucky enough to secretly be the backstabber.
The horses will wait at the depot until searched, unless somebody manages to convince them to go through the fortress.

Quote from: Andrea
human merchant, i vote yes for spy and i examine the goods we have , trying to find something that might be useful.
|You search your horse, and find four objects on it. | You find and take: A hammer that seems strangely familiar, a dagger, a walrus cage, a goblin tallow roast, and a lovely silver *crown* embedded with a Star Sapphire. Engraved on this crown is a picture of an elf and a dwarf. The elf is embracing the dwarf. The dwarf is cringing. You put the walrus cage on the ground.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I'm not sure I want to, but let's say I take a human guard. With a whip. If I can get a fedora hat to go with it, it'll be great. I examine the area, searching for hidden walls and switches, but do NOT push/open them if I find them!!!
|Annoyed at coming all the way out here to get rich trading with the dwarves, only to get trapped here, you punch the nearest wall as hard as you can. | Your knuckles are bruised slightly, but you punched through a hollow space in the wall. Cautiously, you look at it. It doesn’t look large, but there could be something there.

Quote from: Aqizzar
I'll take a Dwarven Thief.  First action - try to sneak into the fortress proper and blend in.  And Votin' Yes On Spies.
| Sneakily, you try to open the southern door. It is jammed. You pull harder, and still nothing happens. Before you can try again, ---

Quote from: Armok
ok, I'm an elven merchant, my action is shouting desperately until I see a dwarf, if I do I follow and stand over it watching it sleep or whatever it does. If I see something wooden I scream out in terror.
| You yell quite loudly, and are proud of yourself. Suddenly, you see Aqizzar try to go into the next room, and decide to help him. Both of you enter the room. On the other side, you see a small hallway heading east. There is one door on the east wall. You entered through the west door. The north and south walls are lined with barrels Near the eastern door is a lever. You scream at the wooden barrels in the hallway, breaking Aqizzar out of stealth. Fortunately, the room is empty aside from you.

Quote from: DF Newb
I vote yes on the spy thing and my first action is to go explore through the north door.
| You open the north door. There is a door on the east wall. You entered through the door on the west wall. In the north part of the room, you see a dwarf hunched over a workbench. In the south of the room, there are a few bins. The dwarf occasionally reaches down and picks up some rocks. | He hears the door open, turns around, and sees you. | He seems surprised to see you. He begins to show you his rock carvings of animals, apparently wanting to trade.

Quote from: Tylui
And(assuming I get in), I want my first action to be to go inspect the collapsed tunnel; see if I can tell what caused it!
| You examine the rocks carefully, trying to decide why they fell. Those broken wooden support beams look a bit strange. You notice a wire attached to the beams. It runs along the wall, and into the southern room. You see a rock that looks like a human skull.

Quote from: Inaulct
Action: I'm going to follow DF Newb through the door, but I'm going to be ready to get behind one of the guards if something happens. I'm a coward, like all elves.
| You carefully follow DF Newb through the door. When the dwarf turns around, | you swiftly dodge out of the room, behind the door. You roll so fast that you hurt yourself | , bruising an arm, getting a bump on your head, and spraining your ankle (-1 to move).

Quote from: Frelock
I'll begin by sneaking through one of the doors (doesn't matter which one).
Quote from: DF Newb
Frelock go north with us
| You stealthily head north. | The dwarf doesn’t see you.

Andrea: Human. Stats. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a lovely silver *crown* embedded with a Star Sapphire.
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger
Armok: Elf. Stats.
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: a dagger
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger. Wounds: light bruises, and a sprained ankle (-1 to move)
Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler.
Tylui: Human. Stats.Inventory: katana, leather armor, buckler.

Rooms:
Trade Depot - Andrea, Sean Mirrsen, Tylui - You entered here. There are two doors on the east wall. There are two bins along the south wall. There are also two horses with goods on them, a horse carrying nothing, and a walrus in a cage.
Craftsdwarf Workshop - DF Newb, Inaulct, Frelock - There is a craftsdwarf workshop here, along with a craftsdwarf, crafting materials, and some bins. The west door leads to Trade Depot. There is a door on the east wall.
Storage Area 1 - Aqizzar, Armok - The walls are lined with barrels. There is a lever here. The west door leads to Trade Depot. There is a door on the east wall.

Edit - Locations added, 5 is no longer a failure.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:10:26 pm by Nirur Torir »

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 2.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 10:42:49 pm »

I changed in it in my next post
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:53:48 am by DF newb »
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 10:50:58 pm »

If DF newb incapacitates the dwarf, I sneak through the west door.

If he does not, I train by sneaking behind the dwarf and putting my dagger next to (but not penetrating) the top of the spine, where a thrust would put it up into the brain (in humans at least, that kills the quickest and quietest, with little strength needed).  I do this to practice sneaking and killing quietly.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:32:19 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:39 pm »

I try to trade with the dwarf for his animal carvings. I'll trade my socks and shoes.

Guys, they can't attack unless we go berserk. Besides, that dwarf could be a valuable ally. Don't attack it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:16:39 pm by inaluct »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 11:30:47 pm »

Alright, my action's been changed.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 12:56:41 am »

Guys, let's think about this. The dwarves have yet to actually declare themselves hostile. We should be friendly and try to leave without conflict first.

Of course, the cave in shows that they want to trap us, but I'm sure we can work out an agreement with them. Here are two things they might want;

1. Weapons. Normally, elves don't make trade agreements. We could offer them a trade agreement as a special case if they'll let us go. I'm sure they'd ask for more weapons and more animals, and I'm sure we could oblige them.

2. Pets. Yeah, you heard me. They might want pet elves/humans/kobolds/goblinsnone of you played a goblin?! What's wrong with you!?!? Anyway, they might just want some useless, slightly interesting citizens.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 12:59:20 am »

I'm going to agree with inaluct here.  It appears as though they actually sprang the trap on us!  I'm betting that that lever in the hallway of the southern door is the one.

We should find out.

And until then: I want to go see if I can communicate with the Dwarf with the animal statues.  Mainly, I want to find out how long until the traders get here.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Yeah, again, I agree with inaluct.  I say we sit tight until we find more stuff out.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:04:25 am by Tylui »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 02:34:47 am »

I carefully reach into the hole, ready to yank it out at the slightest provocation (like a sudden rumble). Unless there's a lever or switch inside, I grab whatever is there and pull it out.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 03:03:48 am »

--Did not mean to post...  Whoops.--

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 06:54:37 am »

ok I whistle (or make a horse mating call or something) to get my horse to come so I can trade with the dwarf,     while smiling at the dwarf (Minor Action)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:18:54 am by DF newb »
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 08:25:28 am »

i train a war walrus! (taking the walrus out of the cage of course)

also, lets not forget my crown. we could do great things with that. buying some dwarves, or throwing it in the legendary dining room and waiting till dwarves kill themselves to kill it

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 08:47:41 am »

Quote from: Frelock
If DF newb incapacitates the dwarf, I sneak through the west door.

You came in through the west door. With great effort I'll draw a map with realistic graphics to show what you know of your position.
Code: [Select]
         ██████
         █    █
         █ ☺  █
         █    █
██████████    █
█        ┼    ┼
█       ██    █
█       ██    █
█       ███████
█       ███████
█       ██    █
█        ┼    ┼
██████████    █
         ██████
☺ is for Dwarf. Suggestions for how I should have described the rooms so they wouldn't be confusing are welcome.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 08:51:54 am »

just to know... can i ride a war walrus in a dwarven fortress?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2008, 08:58:01 am »

Quote from: Andrea
just to know... can i ride a war walrus in a dwarven fortress?
I hadn't thought of that. I suppose technically you could, but the dice care little for my opinion.

Also, I changed the scale slightly. A 5 means partial success, since a 10 is only a partial victory.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16