Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ugoshonol, hollowmountain (community fortress)  (Read 1109 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ugoshonol, hollowmountain (community fortress)
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:05:14 pm »

for all the community fort lovers, a new one is coming.
this time the fort will have a target, but not a small one. it is based on the underground challenge, but expand it to make something more: as the name say, we will have to empty the map and build our fort down there. all z levels used to make a huge cavern, that should look as natural as possible.
you are allowed to use both natural pillars of rock or costructed buildings, you can build a ramp tower to take wagons inside, a trade depot outside or close the fortress. magma breathing dragons, tall ofuntains, museums and anything you can think of. but all underground. try to imagine it: a huge cavern, a couple of big natural pillars where you can see dwarves behind windows, several buildings, and rooms on the side of the cavern. at the center of this, a tall tower lead to the outside world.

speaking about features of the map, a cave river is a must. same for a bottomless pit. magma pipe is preferred, and HFS can be added but isn't needed. having goblins is needed too, to add some danger.
but i would like to hear your opinion about the age of the world: a new world full of megabeasts, or an old one with huge civilizations?
and what do you think about HFS?

i am looking for players here, there is no limit on the number.

now last things: while efficency is good, i would prefere it just to look good, wealthy and big. but this is a personal opinion, on your turn you can do what you want.
also, i suggest not digging the bottomest z level, so that we can use it for sewers and maybe a river through the fortress. i would suggest also using water to make grass and tower caps grow underground. again, personal opinion, but leaving the bottomest level free give to other players many chances to do things.

if you have a place that looks interesting for this fort, post it. if you want to join this underground madness, post it.
if you have any usggestion about how to improve this challenge, post it.

closed
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:01:21 am by andrea »