Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is in that barrel/stockpile/bag/fort?  (Read 2488 times)

tychoruniko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is in that barrel/stockpile/bag/fort?
« on: March 14, 2008, 03:59:00 pm »

I just ask that it be a little easier to check on supplies. If I 't' over a stockpile, should it not show what items are stored there? If I 'k' a barrel, it would be nice to see what is inside. And on the 'z' status screen, I would like to be able to see, for example, how many Rock Nuts I have left in the fort, or how much of a certain bar of metal.

Pardon me if this has been suggested a bazillion times before; it seems like it would have.

[ March 14, 2008: Message edited by: tychoruniko ]

The Dwarves' iconic beard may appear to be made out of facial hair, but its appearance is deceptive. What appears to be long, braided locks is actually a complex organ, which filters alcohol out of the bloodstream much like a human liver. But rather than discard the alcohol as a waste product, it is burned and converted into energy, which explains the lethargy apparent in dwarves that have gone many days without a good drink.

To put it simply: the dwarf is a booze-powered rock-breaker.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is in that barrel/stockpile/bag/fort?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »

't' on the stockpile is odd, true.
'k' on a barrel works, but you have to hit 'enter' to show its contents.
'z' has a stocks menu that does exactly what you want.  For it to be really useful, you need good bookkeeping.

tychoruniko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »

So, if I give a dwarf 5 in bookkeeping at start, it will actually tell me what I have in stocks?

*Suggestion taken for barrels - thanks*

The Dwarves' iconic beard may appear to be made out of facial hair, but its appearance is deceptive. What appears to be long, braided locks is actually a complex organ, which filters alcohol out of the bloodstream much like a human liver. But rather than discard the alcohol as a waste product, it is burned and converted into energy, which explains the lethargy apparent in dwarves that have gone many days without a good drink.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

You don't need to start with a lot of the bookkeeping skills, you need to go into the nobles menu and set your bookkeeper to keep accurate records.  Record keeping trains insanely fast; he'll probably hit legendary before the autumn caravan.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

tychoruniko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:08:00 pm »

Ah, awsome! I didn't even know that screen existed...

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

Don't forget - he needs an office, too!
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster