Other Projects > Other Games

Do anyone know of free Geopolitical-Style Games?

(1/5) > >>

Servant Corps:
No free full game demos. Please. No. Freeware games, yes. Demos of games, yes. But no free full game demos.

Okay, there's that cleared up. I like a game like Balance of Power, Hidden Agenda, Peacemaker, and "Yes, Prime Minister", and that's about all I could remember I played at the moment. Games where you play as leader of a country trying desperatly to live. I want realistic geopolitical games, so no "Superpower". I heard bad reviews about Superpower and how unrealistic it is, so nope.

Aqizzar:
You've pretty much covered all three of them, as far as realism oriented games go.  Maybe throw Shadow President in there.  I'd love to see more.

The problem with Superpower was that it was basically running a country by setting three sliders and ticking off a couple options, then watching a gigantic spreadsheet play itself.  I have no idea how realistic is was because I could never figure out how to actually play it.

PTTG??:
Well, there is "Geo-political simulator", a french game with some entertaining translations. Pretty good quality, though when I bought it the conversion rate made it cost $70.

Vactor:
superpower wasn't very well polished, seeing as you could make the whole world fall in unconditional love with you by passing and revoking women's rights repeatedly.  (apparently the bonus for passing the rights was greater than the penalty for revoking them)

Skeeblix:
The only thing that's stopped me from buying the Geopolitical Simulator deal is that it uses Starforce copy protection, which is pretty much the most anal-retentive, invasive copy-protection ever written. Not only that, but it oftentimes refuses to play games on some machines at all, claiming that the legitimate disk must be used even when it's already in the drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version