Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Pirate Mafia ARRGH!!! - It's over.  (Read 27218 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pirate Mafia ARRGH!!! - It's over.
« on: December 05, 2008, 02:21:58 am »

Description

Yes you heard right, Inspired by inaulct (although there will be no cheesemakers) I am starting a mafia game where players aren't monsters/mobsters or angry villagers. Instead we will have the uninformed majority consisting of the loyal pirates and the informed minority being a group of mutineers.

The Mutineers' objective is to murder the captain and to become the majority of those on board. They do this by each voting to assassinate a person during the night phase. When night is over the assignation will take place and everybody on board will be informed of who died.

The loyal pirates' objective is to weed out the mutineers by killing all of them. They do this by each voting to make one of those within their ranks walk the plank during the day. When the day is over the votes will be counted and the pirate with the most votes will be removed from the game. Type your vote in blue

There will also be different roles to be played by each member. Some of these roles will remain anonymous while others like the captain will be known to all pirates including the mutineers. This means that those with anonymous roles will have to protect the known characters by using their abilities.

Roles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope people understand the rules. I will start the game when we have 16 (or more) players. Note: all roles may not be filled as I want the normal pirates to be the majority.

Player list:
  • Pandarsenic
  • Jackrabbit
  • Cheeetar
  • Gantolandon
  • Flintus10
  • WorkerDrone
  • webadict
  • Frelock
  • DF newb
  • Armok
  • inaluct
  • Poltifar
  • Kashyyk
  • Razordw
  • Dark
  • Zako

Further Rules:
Players can freely pm each other as long as they don't cheat by betraying their team. It is alright if they reveal their teams secrets if the player is persuaded into the mutineers but not for any other reason.
After a player dies, the are not allowed to post anything that might affect the votes and the game.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:26:52 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Mafia ARRGH!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 02:47:51 am »

Arr, I be joinin'.
Though I cannot fathom why Penultima be gettin' so little attention.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 03:03:03 am »

Aye be joining. Point me to the salty wenches!

Fer ye who don't know how ye be speaking like a pirate, I present this instructional video. Yarr
http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/49/how-to-talk-like-a-pirate
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:06:04 am by Jackrabbit »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 03:23:25 am »

Yarrr, this pirate boat be a good one ta be joinin'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 04:14:35 am »

I be in! Let th' scurvy mutineers rot!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:28:22 am »

Yaharrharhaaaarrrrrr Me Laddy I be in and may the mutineers rot with ol' Davy Jones.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 04:44:53 am »

Ay me cap'n. Wont there be a problem? The scurvy mutineer dogs would vote to murder the cap'n on the first night? How will 'e protect himself?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 04:45:44 am »

Yoo Hoo Hoo And A Bottle O' Dwarven Rum!

*Spits*

Get ready lads! This 'ere ship is a sailin'!

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 04:59:11 am »

Ay me cap'n. Wont there be a problem? The scurvy mutineer dogs would vote to murder the cap'n on the first night? How will 'e protect himself?

Nyarr, them scalywag mutineers' would do no such thing. The cap'n is bound to be protected by a dirty loyalist or two.

(OOC: If people tire of this pirate speak just type in OOC brackets)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 05:06:06 am »

Why on the bloody soddin' earth would I tire of speakin' like a Pirate! ARGH!

I'll killhaul ya just fer sayin' such a...

(OOC: Yeah...)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 05:11:25 am »

(OOC: Yeah cause if the loyalist dies then so does the mutineer so it would be smart not to attack the captain first)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 05:42:07 am »

(OOC: But then all they have to do is wait t until they have more than 4 people)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 12:53:46 pm »

Ye best be listenin' t' what I be sayin', or else I`ll make ye keel haul th' plank!

Aye, I'll be voyagin' this here ship, if'n ya don' mind...

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 01:58:19 pm »

Arrrrr, After some thought I have revised some of the rules.
For one speaking like a pirate now only requires a yarr, nyarr or arrr at the start of your post. If you want to be more fanciful about it be my guest.

Just to throw some ideas around, if all specific roles tell the captain of who they are then the cap'n will be able to tell everyone if the person accused is innocent.  If we have too few pirates without a role then the captain will pretty much instantly know who is a mutineer and who is not. But then again will the captain believe those that tell him who they are. The mutineers might just tell the cap'n that they are loyalists. Hmmm... Also can the pirates with roles trust the higher ups (like surgeon and first mate) with who they are or will the head mutineer specifically target the known roles at the start to persuade them into the mutineers and thus learn all secrets. Thus the only person a non mutineer can trust is the cap'n but the cap'n can trust no-one.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 02:29:30 pm »

Thus the only person a non mutineer can trust is the cap'n ...

Until the Cap'n himself is Infected by the Muntiers. Since the Ship surgeon and the Extreme Loyalist have no way of protecting someone from an Infection, and since the rules, as it currently stands, state that Extreme Loyalists and Loyalists are immune to Infections, there is a 50-50 chance that the Cap'n can be turned into a Muntier himself. So even the players cannot trust the Cap'n. At least until the rules get changed to make the Cap'n immune to Infection.

I can't play, but I love strategy in Mafia games.

EDIT: Come to think of it, wouldn't it be in the interests of the Head mutineer to attempt to infect the First mate (or, with a lesser priority, the Ship surgeon)? There is no way at present the villagers can defend against an Infection attempt, and if you infect them, you gain a valuable ally and can easily subvert the democratic lynching process, especially if the First Mate gets infected.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:38:40 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13