Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Urban Dead  (Read 7296 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 06:16:46 pm »

having invested the time in becoming quite powerful, I love the combat mechanics

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 09:18:08 pm »

I played that game for about a few years actually.

I had a brain-rotted Zombie highballing it with the Ridleybank Resistance Front, and before he went rotter he was in the Gore Corps.
I had a PKer.
I had a Death cultist.

Much fun was to be had.

The Wiki however is INCREDIBLE. Sysops running rampant and getting off easy on EVERYTHING. Kevan was too much of a pussy to actually step and say "Hey, This is crap.". At least Jorm, when he made Nexuswars, actively stepped into disputes on his wiki and said "Make up or get the fuck out."
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 09:23:50 pm »

Heh, I was part of the wiki drama for a long time too. Good times... In retrospect, I think I was kind of a troll, but whatever =/

I remember skimming through 20 page essays one player wrote about why [other player] caused all the drama and needs to be banned in the arbitration section, I remember how the drama totally ended and was a distant memory when the arbitrator finally made a ruling and told them both that they were never ever ever allowed to go on each others's talk or group pages for the next month, I remember the drama that started with that....
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

The Minister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 08:03:07 pm »

ha, awesome.  I played that game, but I haven't been on for years.  I founded a group, and I hear they're still active.  The community was a ton of fun.  Maybe I will pick it up again...
McDoomhammer: DF is the best thing after sex.
Krash: Blasphemy!!11
thvaz: Why blasphemy?  Sex followed by DF sounds like a good afternoon to me.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 08:09:06 pm »

Dangit, I can't find a single survivor. Blast. I guess I'll nibble on other zombies, then.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 08:21:28 pm »

Thats how my personal raping ram got so powerful. Rape ram zombies UNITE!

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 08:28:13 pm »

Did I inadvertently invent a term for fully leveled zombies?
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 08:40:23 pm »

Rape ram zombies UNITE!
Did I inadvertently invent a term for fully leveled zombies?

Well, I suppose that's really the only way to explain how you can get rotting corpses who can single-handedly bash down hundred-ton hydraulic steel doors.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 08:50:40 pm »

They must be really really rusty  or broken gates. Actually, I think all thats left is steel mesh and the gates were destroyed years ago

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 11:26:59 pm »

but it kind of pisses me off how lazy the developer is. One small update a month if we're lucky?

This was why I left the game.  There was a lot of potential, and the game always kind of felt like it was a little unfinished.  Plus the completely unbreakable stalemate kinda gets to you after a while.  I suppose that was why Monroeville and the like got put in, to inject a little excitement into the game, but unfortunately I was basically done by the time those went in.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 04:26:30 am »

I actually like the whole city changing with your actions. My team is taking back a suburb right now. Red to yellow in a week! I am having a great time. I guess Urban Dead is really a team game. Join a faction!

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 06:13:05 am »

i have two guys, a survivor and a zed, my main guy is a survivor called fatheralexander and the zombie is penguin aparatus.

my main guy is in the crimson clan, iv been there for about a year i think... i find the game boring at the moment but the clan makes it fun , i make comics of the clan once a month ^^

and there is now a survivor group going against kevan so he gives us some updates, SOS in case some of you are interested

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 10:49:52 pm »

i have two guys, a survivor and a zed, my main guy is a survivor called fatheralexander and the zombie is penguin aparatus.

my main guy is in the crimson clan, iv been there for about a year i think... i find the game boring at the moment but the clan makes it fun , i make comics of the clan once a month ^^

and there is now a survivor group going against kevan so he gives us some updates, SOS in case some of you are interested

Oy, I play one of the many padres in that game, too!  My main is Father Thompson, from the MCDU (that's in the DEM).

I've also got a rotter, a PKer, and a handful of dead throwaway alts that I thought might be fun bit didn't pan out, but I'm not terribly active with any of my characters.

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 01:44:03 pm »

well the clan is now going to try to move to other games, i have offitial proof that kevan HATES his own game :P

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 06:41:00 pm »

Hence the lack of updates. Ah well, we don't need him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6