Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 416772 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - The Next Generation
« Reply #1695 on: March 18, 2010, 04:34:51 pm »

Well, it happened at last!  Actually....it didnt take that long really.  I think they were only married for 9 months, and out popped a baby from Petbeard's bearded nether regions.  Now there are two lineages of Armok worshiping nobles in this fort!  And look at Zulban, an ARDENT worshiper of Ber Steelearthen the Dyes of Brightness (the Dye of Brightness being blood)!  Ardent is even more intense than faithful.  This kid doesn't fool around when it comes to worshiping Armok.  He even baptised himself before the High Priest could get to it.  Thats how ardently he worships the Blood God.

Having the broken dwarf Kurk Quorcane as a father, he was taught from day one NEVER to EVER go against the Queen.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: March 20, 2010, 07:45:55 pm »

Yay for the baby, at last blockedlance is having a worthy armok-worshipper purples!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1697 on: March 22, 2010, 01:29:54 am »

Looking through all the new children, I'm realizing that most of therm are ardent worshipers of Ber Steelearthen/Armok, not just regular worshipers or even faithful worshipers..

I dont know how the game calculates religious zealotry, but its working great here!  The dwarves seem to know that they have to raise these kids to be bloodthirsty and strong. 

I like it!   ;D
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1698 on: March 22, 2010, 02:01:39 am »

Spring of Blockedlance's 54th year has arrived.

Last year marked the 50th anniversary of the glorious death of the original pre-forum-thread Blockedlance.  Now, this year marks the 50th anniversary of it's even more glorious reclamation!!! 

The Queen spent much of the year partying.  No peasants were invited of course.

Urist celebrated her squad's glorious attack on the demon infested hill five decades ago.  She remembered marching in through the main entrance corridor and seeing the heaps of dead and burnt war dogs.  There were dead and dying dwarves lying about.  There was much wailing amongst the din of the battle.  Urist's squad of marksdwarves had followed the axedwarves deep into that hell, and many had not come out.  And all of those that did come out were mentally broken by what they had witnessed.  Most were horribly burned and half mad from pain as it was.

Of all the madness and rage that followed, only Urist had survived.  Her status among the group had grown when she had shot down Erush Shieldpaints the Trifling Flimsiness, a dwarf as mighty as his name.    He had gone mad and killed several wounded brothers in arms, and had to be brought down.  And brought down he had been.  Following that, Urist served as the unofficial sheriff, keeping order in the hellhole.  She had killed several more dwarves before shooting down the legendary dwarf known as the Grim Tribe.  The Grim Tribe had earned his nickname by slaughtering every living thing he could in order to enslave them and become the warrior chieftain of an intangible spirit tribe in some kind of necrotic netherworld.

The Grim Tribe had killed every single remaining dwarf in the fortress before he came for Urist.  Urist had no bolts remaining after the previous ordeals, and was backed into a corner in the old masons workshops.  When the Grim Tribe entered the room, Urist bashed his skull to pulp with her crossbow, becoming a dabbling hammerdwarf in the process.

Urist was the sole survivor.  She was stronger for her suffering.  Now she was Queen.  She celebrated all these things, and gave thanks unto Armok.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1699 on: March 22, 2010, 02:13:44 am »

The Queen was not only celebrating the 50th anniversary of the reclamation, she was also celebrating her 100th birthday this year!

She was less apt to celebrate this depressing milestone however.  She was depressed at having no heir.  Dwarves only live 150-170 years.  Why was the Duke taking so long to commit to children and marriage?  Could men really hate kids even more than the Queen did?

Either way, he was delaying her dynasty, and as punishment she had Jewlettarette elected mayor again, sending the Duke yet again out of the mayoral office.

As mayor Jewlettarette's first official act was to have her son placed in her old position as Trader.  Yes folks, Airage has finally come of age.

The Queen is not immediately threatened by this young puke, but she will of course be watching him like a hawk.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1700 on: March 22, 2010, 02:18:11 am »

The Dungeon Mistress has given birth again!  Another ardent worshiper of the Blood God!  Her name is Datan Noblerope.  I dont know whats so noble about rope, but at least it has noble in it.

This child is quite a dwarf however.  She was not one month out of her mother's womb when she began crying for lack of booze.   ;D

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:20:54 am by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1701 on: March 22, 2010, 02:19:49 am »

Okay plank of wood, here is your dwarf Pink.  He is an ardent worshiper of Armok, is a grand son of the Grand-Duchess, a younger brother to Airag, a loner, and not easily moved to pity.  He's quite a dwarf.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1702 on: March 22, 2010, 02:00:17 pm »

Hehe, that's quite a line of children in the booze stock pile, isn't it ;)
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: March 22, 2010, 05:06:11 pm »

Have the next  possession be by *scare chord* the ghost of Myth. After inspiring the artifact, the ghost will whisper traitorous thoughts into the poor dwarf's mind. And then make there be a really flashy exorcism with magma! And yes, I am hyper as hell!
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: March 22, 2010, 10:04:53 pm »

I believe there's already one hapless restless spirit roaming the grounds, possessing people.

Now we wait for Imhotep to rise!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1705 on: March 22, 2010, 10:43:51 pm »

Have the next  possession be by *scare chord* the ghost of Myth. After inspiring the artifact, the ghost will whisper traitorous thoughts into the poor dwarf's mind. And then make there be a really flashy exorcism with magma! And yes, I am hyper as hell!

Your spirit is safely entombed in the Hell of Shattered Bone.  There is no escape.  Also, like The Architect said, we're full up of dwarf possessors. 

But I can give you a new dwarf if you want.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:53:43 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1706 on: March 22, 2010, 10:53:29 pm »

Im gonna give you guys a glimpse into the future.

It is long after the fall of Blockedlance, the corpses have rotted and the ashes blown away.  Still, many songs and drunken bar chants have made their way among the mountain halls of the dwarves.  Many of these songs are said to contain clues to the fabulous treasures of Blockedlance.  I have for you now a rare written copy of one of these old songs, preserved by dwarven blood monks.  It is only the torn fragment of a much larger song.  It contains the first two verses of an ancient beer song called 'The Funeral Dirge of the Adventurer'.  It is written in dwarvish, and must be translated into lowly human speak before it will yield you its wisdom.

Dunan Dwarf Rigeth Onol
Irol Num Ozkak Babin
Shash Sholil Erar Deg
Adas Deler Adil

Inir Zas Ecem Deg
Linem Isrir Okbod
Enkos Kirar Deg
Am Nekol Ker

EDIT -  I had some words wrong.  Im an asshole.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:26:11 pm by MrGimp »

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: March 22, 2010, 11:04:19 pm »

3 days ago

It took you 3 days.... fuck me, I'm retarded. I started March 10th, and I'm STILL NOT DONE!!! lol  :P

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: March 22, 2010, 11:16:06 pm »

Wait cancel that last post just finished. yay!!!

Ok to make myself feel like I didn't waste my life can I have a guy that is named Johann Schmidt. I want him to scheme, if possible I want him to be the queens son or someone that looks up to the queen and that wants to carry one the legacy of cleansing the grained souls with the etched marks of screams... my attempt at emo poetry. YAY if finished! I'm gonna go get wicked high and its 1 am.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24:54 pm »

Gar, can't you just tell us what the poem means?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 164