Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 416966 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - Even a Urist Feels Love
« Reply #2130 on: November 13, 2010, 01:34:48 pm »

Christes continued floating in the void with the telepath.  It had been many years since the telepath had first felt the rumblings of approaching Ragnarok, and still it did not come.

On one hand, Christes was relieved, as the obliteration of the entire multiverse did not sound fun.  However, the telepath was growing more and more depressed as the endless flow of time continued to pour down upon him and torture his poor soul.  He was going madder than usual, and was even less fun to talk to than he already had been.  Christes began trying to hone her own telepathic powers and find her lover Tradan.  She had been able to catch brief glimpses in her minds eye.  She saw flashes of blue....she almost thought it looked like microcline.  But she couldnt make out Tradan.  When she tried to speak out to him she heard only the rubbing of stone against stone. 

What did it all mean?  What had happened to him?

"STOP IT!!!" shouted the voice of the telepath in Christes' head.  Christes looked up from her meditations to see him coming at her in a rage.  She stood up.  "JUST STOP IT NOW!!!!  IVE HAD ENOUGH!!!"

"What are you talking about?"

"That lover of yours!  Stop thinking about him!  You've been doing it for years and every time you think about him all I can see and hear is that blue monster shouting at you....but you never answer him!"  The telepath was breathing heavily and looked incredibly stressed out.  "I'm over here trying to wait for the end of the universe, and you just wont shut up!  It's driving me crazy!!!"

"I'm driving YOU crazy?" asked Christes in shock.  There was a pause before she spoke again.  "What do you mean he is shouting at me?  I just hear some kind of grinding sound."

"Stone speech!!!  Your lover has been turned to stone.  I see him vividly...floating in the void....a broken piece of microcline, singing 99 bottles of beer endlessly."

"Oh....my poor Tradan!  Hes here in the void though?  What is he saying to me?  Where is he?"

"Hes far from here, dwarf.  He is trying to tell you he loves you though.....and he is asking if you have any ointment.  Stone skin is quite a rash you see."

"Can we go to him?"

"Oh yes I could take you there....it would be quite a journey though.  We shall have to sail the Sea of Nothing, passed the Island of Whiteness, then we must traverse the Plains of Emptiness and the Forest of Blank.  And even then, we would still have the Empty Winds to fly through, and Abyssal Void to float through, and we still wouldnt even be at the Infinite Road yet....and we have to go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY down that road to get to your Tradan."

"It sounds like a long boring journey....but please, you must help me find him!" she cried.

"Ugh....I guess I better.  Otherwise Ill never hear the end of this noise.  Come on.....it's going to take us many years.  Let's get started....."
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: November 13, 2010, 01:37:47 pm »

About the seige, have you tried turning off invasions in the RAWs?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: November 13, 2010, 07:11:08 pm »

IIRC, you have used DC many times, so why not go through the list of dead and make sure all of the dead tags are in order. That should solve your endless siege bug problem.

Ninja Pichu

• Bay Watcher
  • [THREAD_DESTROYER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: November 17, 2010, 11:57:31 am »

So, have I died because of !!+cat tallow roast+!! yet?
I had to imagine some badass scarred up dwarf with a battleaxe blade strapped directly to his arm over the stump.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2134 on: November 18, 2010, 11:48:36 pm »

Chapter #18 - An Heir to the Throne

Spring of 279.

Urist turns 125 years old this spring, having lived at Blockedlance for the last 75 years.  Three quarters of a century had passed by - the majority of her life - here in this fortress.  When she had come it was nothing but a bloody burning hole in the ground.  Now, it was the capital of the dwarven world.

It was the height of dwarven civilization, with crafts of all types.  There wasnt anything the dwarves of Blockedlance couldnt craft.  Why....they even made soap (No dwarf would use it however).

Urist gave thought to the possibility of a soap tower....but how many more decades could she last?  In 25 years she would be getting quite old in age and would probably meet a natural end not long after.  It was time that she left a lasting mark on the world, something more than pyramids, temples, and buildings of soap.  She wanted to leave something of the great Urist to pass onto the next generation.

In this year of 279, Urist Salvedangers the Foggy Barbs gave birth to an heir to her adamantine throne...

All hail Crown Prince Lucifer!!!  May he bring light unto the dwarves!!! 
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - An Heir is Born!
« Reply #2135 on: November 19, 2010, 12:08:27 am »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2136 on: November 19, 2010, 12:11:34 am »

Didnt work, but it was a good idea.

IIRC, you have used DC many times, so why not go through the list of dead and make sure all of the dead tags are in order. That should solve your endless siege bug problem.

All the dead tags???  Theres over 4 HUNDRED dead in this fortress.  And thats just counting DWARVES.  To go through the 1000 or 2000 goblin and elf corpses would be a gigantic pain in a place where pain is most unpleasant.

I think it was caused by one of my last rounds of modding (which was decades ago in game years).  I might try to redownload DF and see if fresh raws get it working properly.

Even if all else fails however, I have a plan to give the fortress a proper end.  Ragnarok is unavoidable.  Endless siege bugs will not save these dwarves.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: November 19, 2010, 12:40:48 am »

I saw the title for this thread and my heart was filled with the warm glow of an imminent apocalypse.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: November 19, 2010, 02:56:56 am »

Didnt work, but it was a good idea.

All the dead tags???  Theres over 4 HUNDRED dead in this fortress.  And thats just counting DWARVES.  To go through the 1000 or 2000 goblin and elf corpses would be a gigantic pain in a place where pain is most unpleasant.

I think it was caused by one of my last rounds of modding (which was decades ago in game years).  I might try to redownload DF and see if fresh raws get it working properly.

Even if all else fails however, I have a plan to give the fortress a proper end.  Ragnarok is unavoidable.  Endless siege bugs will not save these dwarves.

I'm not sure, but Dwarf Companion might sort the list of enemy units by the order in which they arrived at the fort. The game might also record units differently if you altered the name of goblins between sieges. If this is so, you only have to begin searching at chronologically for members of the last siege; the bug must have been with one of them, after all.

Using this method, I have personally broken the endless siege bug multiple times on a fort of 50 years (using Relentless Assault and further additional enemy civs I added myself, so the enemy numbers were comparable to those in Blockedlance). It's not as impossible as it sounds.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:58:55 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: November 19, 2010, 07:34:37 am »

Just a thought... I was using Stonesense to check out the underground features in one of my fortresses, and then found a HORSE deep below the surface, in a map border tile. Maybe it belonged to a caravan and somehow got teleported below the surface, I don't know. It didn't show up in the unit list. Maybe you have a goblin stuck underground somewhere.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2140 on: November 19, 2010, 08:15:06 pm »

I'm not sure, but Dwarf Companion might sort the list of enemy units by the order in which they arrived at the fort. The game might also record units differently if you altered the name of goblins between sieges. If this is so, you only have to begin searching at chronologically for members of the last siege; the bug must have been with one of them, after all.

Using this method, I have personally broken the endless siege bug multiple times on a fort of 50 years (using Relentless Assault and further additional enemy civs I added myself, so the enemy numbers were comparable to those in Blockedlance). It's not as impossible as it sounds.

I looked and found some goblins.  When I clicked zoom in DC the DF screen centered on my empty courtyard.  I think these are my caged goblins however.  I dont know why DF doesnt center on them correctly...but I dont think I see the bugged goblins.  Do you know what Im looking for?  How can I distinguish between a caged goblin and a bugged goblin without being able to center on them correctly?

Thanks for the help!

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: November 19, 2010, 08:17:56 pm »

atomsmash the caged goblins, check for bugged ones, and revert.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: November 20, 2010, 01:05:09 am »

I looked and found some goblins.  When I clicked zoom in DC the DF screen centered on my empty courtyard.  I think these are my caged goblins however.  I dont know why DF doesnt center on them correctly...but I dont think I see the bugged goblins.  Do you know what Im looking for?  How can I distinguish between a caged goblin and a bugged goblin without being able to center on them correctly?

Thanks for the help!

The bugged goblins will most likely be at the edge of the map; at least, that's where I found the bugged gobbos. Dwarf Companion should list two check boxes that have "deceased" next to them. All truly dead creatures will have both ticked off. The bugged ones will have only one ticked off.

The courtyard gobbos might be slain gobbos as well as captured ones.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Kaberton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: November 27, 2010, 11:41:03 pm »

While your working on that, has my guy been up to anything at all?

stolensteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: November 29, 2010, 10:17:01 pm »

I'm not actually caught up yet (still on page 78), but would it be possible to get a list of dwarfs that are available?

~EDIT~
And, I'm caught up! My, what an event this has been.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:04:22 am by stolensteel »
-st
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 164