Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 416977 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - An Heir is Born!
« Reply #2235 on: February 19, 2011, 01:41:14 am »

It's probably a little late but what would happen if you made them of a different nation, but didn't make them berserk?
Oh, and is my dwarf accepted?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2236 on: February 19, 2011, 08:18:01 am »

It's probably a little late but what would happen if you made them of a different nation, but didn't make them berserk?
Oh, and is my dwarf accepted?

Tried that.  Other dwarves still flip out.  I think it has something to do with friendships.  Or maybe not.

Ive seen this glitch before on an adventure mode playthrough on youtube.  The guy accidentally killed one of his followers, and LONG after that he wanders into the guys hometown.  He is immediately attacked by farmers, and several of his own squadmates turned on him.

But Ive killed other people who were born in Blockedlance though, and that didnt cause civil war.  I dont know.  Ive literally tried everything, and nothing worked.  I just want to get the story back on track at this point.

And yeah, of course your guy is in.  Im going to try to post some updates soon.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2237 on: February 19, 2011, 03:46:41 pm »

Is my dwarf, Kipi, still alive?

Haven't seen any mention of him for a long time...  ;)

Kipi Frillytower is alive and well! 

She is our legendary brewer turned champion marksdwarf.  She spends her days manning (womanning?) the battlements overlooking the courtyard.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:09:40 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2238 on: February 19, 2011, 04:00:19 pm »

Hey Gimp may i ask how Reaper is doing?

Also im still loving the story very much.

Keep up the great work

Always loyal to the Crown Reaper is

Reaper is doing great.

Shes a little nervous with the whole 'being related to Khamero' thing.  Technically though, shes not a Khamerite, so we will see how her loyalties play out.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2239 on: February 19, 2011, 04:05:25 pm »

Okay so heres the list of dwarves that are to be added and what they want.

NobodyPro    (loyal royal)
Fuzzybeard   (loyal royal)
Giovanni   (Wants a tower)
Berndarmin    (blacksmith)
Nahere  (Loyalist Khamerite)

Let me know if I have missed anyone.

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:07 am »

(wipes sweat off forhead) ive been reading this ever since i've woken and gone to bed for the past 3 days and all i can say is that THIS IS AN AWSOME STORY!! man at the end of all this i dont think i can see right ever again

wonder when the next update is??
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:56:02 am by powpow »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2241 on: March 07, 2011, 01:29:28 am »

Picking up where we left off.....

As the broken bleeding bodies of the peasant assassins were being dragged to their graves, it was found that there was still life in them.  Tallpanzer snapped out of his berserk rage and tried to tend to his wounded kinsmen.  However, Urist had her loyal guards Jazz and MadMonkey24 grab the barely conscious traitors and string them up from the upper ceiling-slope of the pyramid.  There, Lord Jazz read a proclamation from the Empress that this would be the fate of any future traitors as well.  As he spoke, pools of blood gathered below the wounded would-be assassins.

On queue, MadMonkey pulled a lever that untethered the whimpering peasants.  They fell to their deaths in a most gruesome and wonderful splash of color.

The horror of the failed plot sank in to the Khamerite leadership.  Immediately Khamero and his relatives gathered in secret.

"You idiot!" shouted the Grand Duchess.  "You had years to think of a good assassination plot, and THIS is what you come up with?  Five unarmed peasants?"

"I thought they had a chance!" cried Khamero.

"Hmmph!  I'm not going to be seen with you anymore.  It is too dangerous.  I am going to the Empress right now and telling her that I had nothing to do with this!  I will remind her of my years of loyalty while I still have my head attached to my neck."  The Grand Duchess looked her son in law up and down in a most unflattering manner.  "You are on your own with this one."  She gave her daughter Jewelettarette one last mournful look.  "Of all the dwarves in this fortress....you had to marry this pagan?".  Leaving her daughter speechless, Slemsvamp left the room.

The other Khamerites gasped in horror at losing the most noble of their number. 

Duke Travolta, like a rat fleeing a sinking ship, sensed that his chances were better at the side of his mother, than if he tried to win Urist's sympathies on his own.  He didn't know what to say.  He slowly shuffled to the door, grabbed the knob, and said "I'm gonna go see if mom needs anything.  She seems real upset.  I uhhh....gotta go comfort her and all...."  With that, the Duke was gone as well.

"We are undone.  It's hopeless now," said Imhotep with heavy sorrow in his voice. 

"No!" shouted Khamero, attempting to rally his followers one last time.  "These fools give up so easily!  We still have my mother, she is in the military, she has been prepared to strike.  Her orders had been to strike at the remaining royalists in the military as soon as she heard that the Empress was dead.  Surely, when she hears that the plot has failed, she will strike at her fellow guards and we shall secure the fort in this way!"

"Yes......yes!" Airag shouted to his younger brothers.  "We can still win this!"

There were a few murmurs, but eventually the brothers and sisters let out a half-hearted cheer. 

"Come on, louder!" shouted Baron von Freden.  He unsheathed his sword and held it in the air.  "We can take them!"

Now a loud roar erupted.  Khamero looked at Airag and smiled.  Khamero could feel it in his veins.  It was coming soon.  He would be Emperor...and when he died he would pass the crown onto Airag.  They just had to overcome this last hurdle.  They were meeting in the old abandoned windmill tower that sat atop the old entrance to the fortress.  This tower had not been in use for many decades (a demon long ago smashed most of the windmills, axles, and gears), and just outside the tower's base was the battlements overlooking the courtyard.  The marksdwarves were stationed there.

"Come, she is just outside.  Her squad is loyal.  We will join our arms with theirs, and storm the palace!"  The dwarves cheered....it was a daring plan.  Not all would survive....but these dwarves knew that as relatives of the assassins, their days were already numbered and few so long as Urist sat on the throne.

"Long live the Khamerite clan!" shouted Calibur. 

"Aye, we'll send the lot of 'em to one of the many unpleasant hells!" shouted Xanthius 2.0. 

"HUZZAH!!!" they all shouted. 

With that they stormed towards the door with great force.  Who Two opened the door and charged out first.  He got only a few steps before he was pushed back by 8 steel clad marksdwarves brandishing crossbows.  Asmel Zulbandak, Khameros mother and grandmother to all the young dwarves present in the tower, was standing among them.  The rebellious Khamerites stepped back, bewildered by the situation. 

"Grandma?" muttered one of the younger dwarves in disbelief.

Asmel stepped towards Khamero, keeping her crossbow pointed at his unarmored torso.  "Well, traitors....what do you have to say for yourselves?"

"How could you?" asked Khamero.

"Ha!  How could YOU fail so badly at plotting and scheming?"  She spit on the ground.  "I'm not standing before a conquering hero.....I'm standing before an eternal failure.  Of all my children.....you were the only one that survived to adulthood.  And yet....of all my children....you are my biggest disappointment."

"Mother!"

"I HAVE NO SON!" Asmel tightened her grip on her crossbow, aimed it at her son's face, and then stepped forward menacingly.

"Enough!" Lord Tazgrent said, as he stepped forward and put his hand on Asmel's arm and brought her crossbow down.  "You've proven your loyalty.  Our orders were to take them alive.  Kipi, Steve, chain up Jewelettarette and our friend Khamero here."

"Aye sir," responded the dwarves dutifully.

"Well my boy," Lord Tazgrent said as he stared coldly into Khamero's eyes.  "There's going to be a trial."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:42:35 am by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2242 on: March 07, 2011, 03:21:27 am »

The Khamerites were chained together and led down into the depths of the fortress.  Many began sobbing as they were led into the dark smoky palace.  They were whipped as they marched past the opulent golden statues of Urist located in the foyer.  First a guard went forward into the throne room to announce the Khamerite's arrival.  Then the chained dwarves were brought in.

They entered the dank throne room, torchlight dancing and occasionally casting light upon the grim face of the Empress as she sat on her Adamantine throne.  The Empress did not move as the dwarves came in.  Below her, chained to her throne at the neck like a dog, was the old King Fikod.  Mogror Harbett stood beside the Empress, smiling joyously as he looked upon the faces of those who would be receiving so much misery.  The Grand-Duchess and the Duke stood close to the throne, their hearts pounding uncontrollably as their brethren were brought in for this expedited 'trial'.

Empress Urist slowly puffed from a pipe that extended down to a hooka that sat next to the throne.  In the dim light, Urist's face was veiled in darkness.  A cloud of rat weed smoke billowed forth from the shadowy silhouette on the throne.

Lord Jazz and Lord MadMonkey24 stepped forward and beat the backs of the Khamerites' kness with sticks.  "KNEEL!" They shouted.

Once the Khamerites were all bowing before their Empress, Mogror Harbett spoke.  "The most majestic of majesties, Empress Urist Salvedangers, the Foggy Barbs, Sole Survivor of the Reclaim, Rebuilder of the Mines, Slayer of Cog Giltbalanced the Tactical Relief of Fortifying, Grand-Duchess of Letterclose, Regent of the Jade Irons, Queen of Blockedlance, and Empress of Dwarves has ordered you here today to stand trial on charges of conspiracy to commit crimes against the state.  How do you plead?"

There was an awkward silence as the dwarves looked back and forth at each other.  Khamero spoke up for his family.  "We plead not guilty."

"Very well.  The Empress of Dwarves calls as her first witness, the Grand-Duchess Slemsvamp," said Mogror as Urist sat silent and motionless (with the exception of an occasional puff of rat weed).

The Grand Duchess stepped forward.  Mogror simply asked, "Can you please reiterate for the court your sworn testimony?"

"Certainly.  Khamero and his pagan children were plotting to overthrow the Empress.  They even tried to entangle me in this most disturbing of schemes.  Khamero knew of this assassination plot.  Khamero planned and executed this plot.  The whole lot of them should hang," finished the Grand-Duchess grimly.

"Thank you, your highness.  Now, we shall hear testimony from the Duke Travolta.  Mr Travolta, can you please share with the court your sworn testimony?"

"It is exactly as my mother said.  He approached us to take part in this crime.  When his plot failed, he again tried to entangle us in another plot to overthrow the Empress."

"So he was not going to give up?  He was going to continue his plots against the Empress?" asked Mogror.

"Oh yes....he's mad....mad with power.  He will keep up with his violent ways until he gets what he wants."

"Thank you, your highness."  Mogror turned back to the Khamerites.  "You will now be sentenced."

"Wait!  Wait a minute!  Don't we get a chance to defend ourselves?  Cant we bring our own evidence and witnesses?" shouted Khamero.

"Oh my no!  The Empress must remain an impartial judge, and cannot have her ruling being biased by your evidence.  It is so that you can get the best protection under the law of course.  Now keep silent.  One more unrequested outburst from you and you will be held in contempt of court."

Khamero hung his head in despair.

"Now you shall be sentenced," said Mogror again.

There was a moment of silence.  At last the Empress spoke, her voice booming forth over them all.  "This court finds the defendants guilty of conspiracy to commit crimes against the state.  All shall be sentenced to death."

The Khamerites gasped.

"However, I shall commute the death sentence for all dwarves to life in prison.  All Khamerites are hereby banished to live in the courtyard of the fortress as surface-dwellers.  Vucar and Who Two, in deference of your legendary armorsmithing skills, you are pardoned."  Lord Jazz stepped forward and unlocked the chains around the two dwarves hands and feet.  They couldnt believe their luck.

"Thank you your majesty!" they cried.  They bowed their heads all the way to the floor, and crawled backwards out of the room, refusing to rise to their feet until they were far from the throne room.

The Empress continued, "Khamero and Jewelettarette, as ringleaders of these hooligans you shall be locked in the southeast tower.  You will never again know freedom, but you will be allowed to continue breeding sacrifices to Armok.  Your only contact with the outside world will be when we come to butcher your children.  Am I not merciful?"

Jewellettarette vomited.  Khamero's face was pale.

Their fate was sealed...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:30:35 am by MrGimp »

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 07, 2011, 04:21:13 am »

This is so awesome and great and awesome <3
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 07, 2011, 04:57:49 am »

Trapped in a tower with nothing to do but have sex? That is a truly heinous punishment.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2245 on: March 07, 2011, 01:45:17 pm »

Chapter #20 - Exile of the Khamerite Clan

As the Khamerites were led to the surface, naked before the sun, the madness began to creep in....

The miller Lor went insane, babbling incoherently as he was marched under the unholy flaming orb in the sky.  Tallpanzer threw a tantrum.  He began kicking and screaming.  The guards dragged him mercilessly towards his fate.  Tallpanzer threw his body down and clung to the cobblestone road.  Such is the strength of dwarves, that as he was dragged away, the stones from the road were literally pulled out of the ground behind him.

Fath Abanmozir was so distraught by the senseless destruction of the lovely road that he was stricken with a bout of severe melancholy.

And so the miserable lot was led to temple courtyard.  The temple itself was sealed.  They were unshackled, and the guards left them.  Upon leaving, the bridge over the magma moat was raised.  Lor attempted a mad dash back over the raising bridge towards the shade of the fortress and protection from the sun.  He did not make it...

They were sealed away....trapped above ground like filthy beardless elves.  Khamero and his wife were imprisoned in the southeast tower, and now it was just the children of Khamero that wallowed in the sun and a large pool of each other's vomit.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:10:15 pm by MrGimp »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Exiled to the Surface!
« Reply #2246 on: March 08, 2011, 01:46:07 am »

Wow.... I hadn't been able to check in on this story in ages, but I'm glad I did! :D
I think my character gave new meaning to 'born to kill'... Although I guess that happens a lot in DF. :P I just haven't been playing long enough.
This story's still amazing. Looking foward to reading more. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 08, 2011, 03:14:56 am »

yay update i almost forgot what the plot for this story was

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 08, 2011, 04:43:35 am »

I really like smiling dwarves at the last picture. After all they've got through.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2249 on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:41 am »

Heres a brief update on everyones favorite mad hermit.

He mostly just rolls around naked in the mud.  Im not joking.  Hes usually gathering plants, or chopping wood, or gathering wood so he can turn it into ash (and then potash).  He spends his days alternating between all those tasks depending on the seasonal growth of the wood and plants.  His cave has an additional work wing where all these workshops are located so he can train his skills.

Work work work.  And I often forget to have him make beer....so he goes long periods without it.  It surely drives him mad.  Mad mad mad.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 164