Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419680 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #525 on: May 10, 2009, 08:42:35 pm »

So its Spring of 230 by the way.  I forgot to mention that.

First the population was up to 234, then dropped to 160 something.  Then it went back up to 190 something, now here it is crashing again.  Already there are only 159 dwarves left.

Fortress wealth still sits stubbornly below 7 million.

Heres some of the recently requested dwarves. 

There is Lord Montague, one of the Master Masons and second in command only to Myth Kediden.  Lord Montague had come to be at the front of the chaos in Blockedlance when he had stepped forward to Queen Urist and tipped her off to the Grand Master's involvement with Atis Athelkud.  It was Lord Montague that had provided Queen Urist the information she needed to thwart the Eribite coup.  He is a morose and dark fellow...and sometimes impulsive.  He is cynical and trusts no one other than the Queen which gives him power.

There is also our Tanner of Armok, Argonnek Bodiceassaults.  I love the last name...I suppose she is lesbian then?  Or just likes boobs?  Anyways....Argonnek is also dark, morose, and untrusting.  Thus she will become a proper follower of Armok.  She is already a faithful worshipper of Ber Steelearthen, which is better than just being a regular worshipper, you know?

Last but not least is Lord Labs Taxclasps, the Door of Basements.  Though he does not worship Armok he is a rare champion marksdwarf leading an elite band of snipers in the name of the Queen.  Though we do not fully trust this heathen, we need all the military dwarves we can get on Armok's side, and we definitely want some marksdwarves.

I think theres two more dwarves I have to add in.  Ill get them in the next update hopefully.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 10, 2009, 09:12:26 pm »

Very entertaining story! I'll take a Loyalist Dwarf if you need one to replace the old clerk.

Name: Mod
Personality: Likes to kick puppies, kittens etc. Is sadistic and insane. I figure he'll make a good Loyalist to the Queen.

If you don't need a clerk (I couldn't exactly tell from that post), then a Cook would do, or butcher. Someone has to keep the kittens and puppies from taking over the fortress!

btw, You can use Dwarf Companion to make a revolution. You have to go to each individual dwarf and set the civ tag to a warring nation. Just check what the goblin civ tag is during a siege. You cant control them of course, but I think they'll stay in the area (I never tried it on a large scale). The civilization tag is at the bottom of the general information tab when you double click a dwarf name in the program.

You can also make certain dwarves butcherable if you would want. Just let me know and I can help.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 10, 2009, 09:27:37 pm »

Unfortunately, slaughtering pets and dwarves has a bit of a drawback (the negative thoughts in your case wont be a drawback): anything resulting from the slaughter cant be used. This includes bones, meat, and skulls. Whats more, dwarves wont automatically haul it away, you have to manually dump it. Im not sure if they'll bury dissected dwarves.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #528 on: May 10, 2009, 09:30:57 pm »

Yeah they wont bury them if their civ is changed.

Is there anyway in Dwarf Companion to just make a dwarf berserk?
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 10, 2009, 09:32:52 pm »

have I said this is awesome and the writing is fantastic recently? No?

This is awesome and the writing is fantastic!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #530 on: May 10, 2009, 09:46:10 pm »

Oh and yeah I can make you the Clerk Captain Blood. I have a Planter of Armok that needs a noble profession anyways.

I didnt really explain that Clerks death very well did I.....perhaps there was a reason though.  The story gets kinda creepy.....you guys have stuck with me through child murder and dwarven sacrifice.....but dont blame me if this goes too far....it wasnt me it was dwarf fortress!  It started it!!!

Anyways....back when Eagle made his escape he did so with the help of another dwarf, a miner named Catten.  When Eagle had fled the city walls and met Catten in the hills, he was shocked to find one of the Duchess' naked daughters bound and gagged and slung over his shoulder.  She was unconscious.

"What the hell are you doing???  We didnt agree to anything like that!!!" shouted Eagle.

"Oh shut up kid....you need me...now just lead the way to your little hideout and you can have all the fun with her that Im gonna have..." snarled the creepy old miner. 

"Holy Gods...." mumbled Eagle.  He looked back at the fortress.  There was no home there.  "Wont they come looking for her?"

"Probably," Catten said smuggly.  "We best get going."  He shifted the girls unconscious body on his shoulders and set off.  Eagle reluctantly followed.

Yep....life became like some sick version of Deliverance....although instead of creepy country folk, it was creepy dwarven miners.  They set up a still and hung out all day with the Duchess' fourteen year old daughter getting drunk.

I wont get explicit.  We know what went on in that cave.

The Queen had sent a search party on behalf of the frantic Duchess.  It was lead by the Clerk Zafol.  They had almost sumbled upon the perverts' lair when a goblin siege showed up.  The Clerk and the other dwarves were slaughtered on the mountainside.

It was another terrible day in a sick sad world.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 10, 2009, 09:57:46 pm »

D:

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 10, 2009, 09:59:25 pm »

:D

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #533 on: May 10, 2009, 10:37:55 pm »

¯\(o_°)/¯

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 10, 2009, 10:42:01 pm »

So, we have one demoralized, sane person, one sociopathic person and one... insane? person

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 10, 2009, 10:50:36 pm »

Yeah I should have mentioned that. I'm pretty sure they won't bury butchered dwarves. You can make dwarfs go berserk with DC tho. They'll attack other berserk dwarves also...
I also noted a while back, I made a dwarf berzerk while he was standing on a cage trap and he was immediately caged. I later used him for a gladiatorial deathmatch. 

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 10, 2009, 10:54:18 pm »

For some reason I found that last update harder to read than all of the baby-slaughtering, maniacal mass-murdering previous ones.

I'm probably desensitized to the latter stuff since it's just normal in DF.

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:35 pm »

So, we have one demoralized, sane person, one sociopathic person and one... insane? person
Insane dwarfs are more fun. Plus, it would be hard to be a proponent of the Queen and be a  sane person...

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #538 on: May 10, 2009, 11:35:50 pm »

For some reason I found that last update harder to read than all of the baby-slaughtering, maniacal mass-murdering previous ones.

I'm probably desensitized to the latter stuff since it's just normal in DF.

Yeah it was pretty creepy wasnt it??? 

Im gonna make a mental note....Hitler-esque mass-murder and baby death, yes....Creepy Miner HFS, no.  Would it make it better if I reminded everyone that the Duchess's daughters run around naked and sniffing quarcaine?  Quarcaine people!!!  Theyre rich slutty drug addicts....like Paris Hilton or something. 

Also, 14 is young in human years, but in dwarf years she was an adult at 12.  So its not as bad......uhhh, right?

Besides...Queen Urist had nothing to do with this one.  Shes actually trying to hunt down the kidnappers.  So for once, shes really one of the good guys.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:40:32 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #539 on: May 10, 2009, 11:39:01 pm »

Insane dwarfs are more fun.

That's the spirit!!!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 164