Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419645 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #630 on: May 26, 2009, 05:13:56 pm »

Maybe Armok removed Blockedlance from the universe altogether? Leaving only an unstable gateway to the goblin lands, kept open by the demons?

How's my guy doing anyway?

She's safe and sound in the temple.  You and Montague had been the two freemasons who stayed loyal after the great schism.  Im trying to bundle everyone together as couples and lock em in...but its real tedious.  And people keep getting out.  haha....which makes for an interesting story I guess (Ill get to that in a bit).
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #631 on: May 26, 2009, 05:27:16 pm »

Spring 231

The traitorous Myth Kediden had Nightwind's body placed below, in the new wing of the catacombs.  What a waste.  He would have been the perfect Mayor. 

It was a blow to Reg Craftgranite, who was distrustful of the former Freemason already.  Reg suspected that Myth may have had something to do with the disappearance of shell from the stockpiles.  Reg was in no mood to plot with Myth to find a new mayor.  Instead, the Eribite Heir simply had himself elected mayor.  It was simple enough to do, since his family had rigged the fortress elections a generation ago.  Everyone wondered if a paralyzed dwarf could really lead however, especially with the tenuous peace at Blockedlance.

Heathen nobles arrive, having heard of the rebellion at Blockedlance.

They take shelter with the traitors, but are not given rooms in the noble quarters below because they were under constant threat of flooding.

Lots of kobolds also came to Blockedlane in the spring.  Here we see them hacked to bits.

Thats their yellow pus thats sprayed everywhere.  Filthy buggers those kobolds.

In other news, the fortress mechanisms ground to a halt when some protective redundancy gearlines were set up to protect the fortress from random vandalism.  Wouldnt want the fort to get flooded and the drainage system shut off because some berserk psycho broke an axle, you know.  So since the system requires more power, we set up more windmills.  I realize now that 1000 units of power really is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:55:08 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #632 on: May 26, 2009, 08:23:46 pm »

One of the rebels couldnt find any plant cloth.  He went insane, as any dwarf would.  He sleeps with the fishes now.  Only there arent any fishes cuz we ate them all.  He sleeps with the junk then.  Not much difference from his life I suppose.

The new tax collector is pretty miserable.  The rebels have no noble rooms for him.  And no one listens to his asinine demands.  In fact...no one listens to ANY of the nobles bitching.

I mean really....what the Duchess' obsession with spears?  And fine pewter?  We dont have fine pewter woman!  Get it through your head!!!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #633 on: May 26, 2009, 08:31:17 pm »

Project Mechanical Overload takes its place as our next megaproject.  If 1,000 units of mechanical power isnt enough, then I shall generate TEN THOUSAND!!!

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 26, 2009, 08:46:47 pm »

CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS WINDMILLS.

Hows Eagle doing? Made any progress on improving the hideout?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #635 on: May 26, 2009, 09:09:05 pm »

Eagle had spruced up the lair a bit.  He had built a nice cozy dining room for the gang, as well as a kitchen.  He also added some statues to pretty it up in the dank a hole.

"Now it's starting to feel like home!" he said aloud to himself.  His moment of pride was interrupted by Mistem's screams of pleasure at Catten's, uhhh....hands.  "Can you keep it down???  JEEZE!!!" he shouted.  It was to no avail, for they could not hear him.

He decided to carve up some stone instruments, a diorite piccolo, a dolomite harp....anything he could make some noise with to drown out this filthy pair.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 26, 2009, 09:52:21 pm »

There's only one solution to Eagle's noise problem: a catapult.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 26, 2009, 10:10:07 pm »

Only because we dont have magma.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #638 on: May 27, 2009, 12:29:45 am »

Aye.  The solution is magma...and we have none.

Though with tweak or companion I could get the moat to turn into lava though right?  Anyone want to help my dumb ass get either of these things working on my machine?  I tried the wiki steps for both, no luck.  Im sure Im doing it wrong.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #639 on: May 27, 2009, 12:53:11 am »

Urist was bloodthirsty.  Her axe-hand had been stayed for far too long.  What was she doing here trapped in the temple waiting to die?  Was she waiting for the dwarves on the surface to realize that their stockpiles of bituminous coal and lignite could be used to bring this temple down?  Was she waiting for some goblin warlord to slaughter the heathens then build a dark fortress on their remains?

There was no benefit to simply waiting with fingers in orifices.  She grabbed her axe and set out under cover of night.

Knowing the fortress as only she could, she silently slipped into the freezing cold moat.  She was not weairing metal armor, for it would drown her.  With her axe strapped to her back she took a breath and submerged under the surface.  Her entrance point was right above the gaping hole of the lower maintenance tunnels.  She swam to them, though she could barely see them. 

There were no glowing plants or phosphorescent mushrooms or powders in Urists day.  That was the realm of the ancients with their great science.  In this dark age, Urist had to navigate the maintenance tunnels by dwarfsight alone.  Dwarf vision was uncannily adept, even in the darkest of places.  However, these tunnels would try her abilities.  As she ventured further into the 'U-bend' that helped to depressurize water that came in from the above ground moat, her lungs began to ache for air.  She could not see at all this far down.  She did her best to keep her heart from racing (and needing more oxygen) as she clumsily felt around for the bottom of the shaft.

She kicked herself ever forward, and at last the shaft turned upwards.  Her natural boyancy propelled her upwards now as she kicked and heaved herself higher. 

BAM!

Fuck!
, she thought as she hit her head on the rock above.  There was one more turn in the tunnel!  She frantically spasmed forth with her remaining air.  She struggled to keep her mouth closed despite the urge to gasp for breath.  The light was much brighter now.  She swam to it.

Urist burst to the surface, and gulped in the largest chestfull of air she had ever inhaled in her life.  Then she remembered she had to keep quiet...

She took smaller breaths, recuperating in the dark and half-carved-out noble river cave.  There was no one here at night.  Urist unstrapped her axe and held it in front of her.  She let her bloodlust and hatred of her enemy renew her strength, then she marched off with murder first up on her to-do list.

(To be continued...)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:55:07 am by MrGimp »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 27, 2009, 12:56:00 am »

I was thinking about the catapult's noise-making potential instead of its destructive potential. Some dwarf I am.

Although, yeah, I guess hurling rocks at the problem would work, too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #641 on: May 27, 2009, 12:59:04 am »

I was thinking about the catapult's noise-making potential instead of its destructive potential. Some dwarf I am.

Although, yeah, I guess hurling rocks at the problem would work, too.

Or catapulting Catten out of there...that would work fine and be dwarfy.

But Magma...you just cant beat it.  All problems are solved with magma, even problems that were caused by magma.  Armok made it thus when he created magma to be the blood of the earth. 

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 27, 2009, 07:14:43 am »

Can my dwarf hide Erib worshippers in  a secret room behind say a cabinet or something?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 27, 2009, 03:15:41 pm »

Now now, we don't want to make this more depressing than it already is and besides, godwins law.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 27, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcEEAjGtAkY

Make sure to read the lyrics in the description.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 164