Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419698 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1050 on: October 03, 2009, 01:55:38 am »

Sorry I didnt get an update last weekend.  Ive been busy.  Ive been adding a bunch of new stuff to my webpage.  I make websites.  I just added a forum to my page and it took me most of the week to finish that as well as some other things.

If anyone has a small business and needs a web page go to http://www.wheresmypage.com damnit!  I suck, my stuff displays weird in Internet Explorer, and there are countless flaws and bugs...but I'm cheap(ish).  No one else will make you a page and youtube commercials and provide traffic monitoring and all that jazz without charging thousands of dollars.

Of course....their stuff is higher quality....but damnit, I'm BEYOND QUALITY!!!  I have transcended quality, to a higher plane of bare functionality.  Stand in awe before me!!!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 03, 2009, 02:07:38 am »

Whoa, didn't see that coming.  Too bad I'm just a student.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1052 on: October 03, 2009, 02:24:30 am »

Im a student too.  5-6 months ago I didnt even know how to code a web page.  I only knew C++ code.  Now I know 7 languages.  Once you know C++/C# everything else is easy.

I dont like hawking my wares, but damnit, give me money!  More money would allow me to buy some more RAM, which will run DF at FPS rates in the double digits!  Then I could actually finish a game year in a weekend and get back to steady updates. 

See how giving me all your hard earned money is in your best interest people?
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 03, 2009, 11:55:16 am »

how many site have you sold?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1054 on: October 03, 2009, 12:49:42 pm »

Only 4.  lol

But Im finally at the point where I think I'm good enough to start advertising.  Advertising on Google and Yahoo costs a few hundred a month though.    Bah!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 03, 2009, 02:45:46 pm »

Can you make my dude a stonecutter?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1056 on: October 04, 2009, 04:09:17 pm »

Can you make my dude a stonecutter?

Sure.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1057 on: October 04, 2009, 04:20:18 pm »

I forgot to mention one fortunate side effect of Tweak.  I think of it as a feature not a bug.  Apparently, Tweaking with magma in DF causes random stuff to burst into flames upon load.

So theres a couple raging wildfires in Blockedlance right now.

I like this feature.  Although, it may not even have been Tweak.  I had temperature off for a while to save FPS, but I turned it back on with the lava moat because I wanted to melt or burn useless junk.  There may have been burning stuff in the field for a while, but nothing could happen with temperature off.

This leads me to an interesting idea...if you let a fire burn, then turn temperature off once it's 95% done, then wait for everything to grow back, then turn temperature back on, could you have an eternally burning fortress?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1058 on: October 04, 2009, 04:27:50 pm »

This leads me to an interesting idea...if you let a fire burn, then turn temperature off once it's 95% done, then wait for everything to grow back, then turn temperature back on, could you have an eternally burning fortress?

Sounds like a plan  ;D

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1059 on: October 04, 2009, 06:02:43 pm »

Dude. You are a mad genious.
And not a regular mad genious.
A maniacal mad genious.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1060 on: October 04, 2009, 06:38:48 pm »

Dude. You are a mad genious.
And not a regular mad genious.
A maniacal mad genious.

That is the best compliment I have ever received! 

When the nations of the world lie in ruins, and I have enslaved the Earth, you will be on the short list of people I do not have thrown in magma.  Although...I may still have you flayed with glass.  You know, just for old times sake.    ;D

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1061 on: October 04, 2009, 06:46:06 pm »

Heres an odd twist...

In the previous branch of quantum reality, the Human Diplomat had been insane for many years, babbling incoherently and randomly shattering panes of glass.  In this new divergent reality, Dunem thinks Blockedlance is a lovely place!

Dunem Trickscars finally meets with the Grand Duchess Slemsvamp.  It only took her what....5-6 years, and then a jaunt back in time?  Typical beardless female humans for you.  At least she's grown accustomed to the dank mold and numerous blood stains.  She even complimented the Grand Duchess on the fine corpse smell that comes up from the catacombs beneath the Grand Ducal residence.

Its good to see Dunem come back to her senses.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1062 on: October 04, 2009, 07:09:01 pm »

Winston Smith grabbed his tray of drab flavorless roasted mushrooms, and tiny drop of meat flavored gelatin.  He walked down to the mess hall and sat next to his friends Curly, the tanner, and Fil the mason. 

"Meat rations been raised to 4 grams per week!" smiled Curly, as he gnawed on a tiny morsel of rat fat.

Fil looked at Winston.  The ration had been 6 grams the month before, and 8 grams before that.  Fil, with droll sarcasm, turned back to Curly and said, "Yeah...double plus good."

Winston stuck his fork into the portion of his meal that somewhat resembled meat.  It wasn't REAL meat of course...just sun-baked lard from the fat pile.  It always tasted like vomit to Winston. 

Just then, the newly titled Baron von Montague interrupted their meal.  "I am a servant of the Lord Duke and Soviet Supreme, His Highness Travolta Sabretwilights!  Are you the dwarf Fil?" he asked with an authoritative voice.

A rush of adrenaline flowed through Fil's system.  This was it.  He was going to be sent to pull a lever.  "Ummm....yes." he said at last.

"You are hereby confiscated as property of the ancient and powerful Stonecutter's Guild.  Come with me," Montague ordered.

Fil's chest lightened.  This was great news!  "Oh thank you, my lord!"  This meant more labor...but it also meant higher rations.  Fil looked at his two miserable friends, who were withering away from their poverty.  "Can my friends come, too?"

"Can you stack stones?" asked Baron von Montague.  Winston and Curly nodded.  "Good enough.  Let's go."

With that, the three dwarves began new lives...

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1063 on: October 04, 2009, 08:27:36 pm »

Hurray!
This is a +pile of stones+. Engraved on it is a pictue of a stone by the dwarf Winston Smith. The stones are standing.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1064 on: October 04, 2009, 10:21:43 pm »

Okay the temperature is off again.  Heres a picture of Blockedlance...

The eternal fire thing probably wont work...but I'm going to eventually flood the fields with lava either way (if you hadn't guessed that one already) so we'll be getting rid of all this surface junk no matter what.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 164