Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419875 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1245 on: November 03, 2009, 01:30:15 am »

ON TOPIC: Can we get an updated map on the DFMA please? I want to see how the forts changed.

Nothing really major has changed actually, other than the entrance.  When the pyramid is done I'll probably upload another map.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1246 on: November 03, 2009, 01:33:16 am »

So here we see the temple altar with the artifact turtle shell idol of Armok...

The temple is mighty stinky these days.  I think it's a demon rat....but it might just be rotted food dropped by some lazy dwarf.

That stink cloud spans 4 z-levels!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1247 on: November 03, 2009, 01:41:33 am »

Well some jerk got possessed.  He took three raw adamantine nuggets, and a bunch of other junk and hammered out Peakrings...a raw adamantine grate.

Oh wow.  Amazing.  I am so overjoyed.  This was a very worthwhile use of our adamantine.

It has an image of the artifact adamantine table that Nightwing carved.  In fact, it's on there twice.  And theres a picture of a bat too.

Amazing.

Oh...it's definitely worth the 1.3 million the bastard appraised it at.  Yep.  I have absolutely no desire to throw this fucker in magma.  None.  None at all.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 03, 2009, 01:44:18 am »

It wouldn't melt anyway, it's made of raw adamantine, which, I assume, has the same heat tolerance as the forged metal.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1249 on: November 03, 2009, 02:02:14 am »

Nah I meant the maker        ;D

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1250 on: November 03, 2009, 05:19:27 pm »

Who else found it fitting that the table was called Styledtops?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 03, 2009, 06:00:37 pm »

...a carnal lust for revenge on the demonic Urist!

This story both amuses and disgusts me.

[/broken record]

Alright, MrGimp, what's in store for Grigrak next? Maybe he should spend a thousand summers hitchhiking through the void before returning to kill Queen Urist? Or maybe he should get right back to it and possess another doomed victim?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 03, 2009, 08:00:42 pm »

My vote still goes towards possessing the Tax Collector.

But before that, Grigrak should possess Peakring's creator before being dumped into magma. ;D
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 03, 2009, 10:28:48 pm »

Howdy. I used to post as Guy Montag untill my computer ate shit, exploded, and I forgot my password.

So what is Baron von Montague doing these days? Head of the Soviet Supreme is muy excellente, thats how I envisioned the guy. A power-hungry, conniving bureaucrat with an axe. The historial Soviet Supreme ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Soviet) isn't much different.

As it stands now, with the coup defeated and Queen Urist now clamped down on the of populace with a stanglehold and degree of power greater then ever before. With the duke under her thumb, all malcontents dead, time traveling save-loss quantum implosions and all resistance ritualistically stained on Urist's gentialia, the fortress seems to be once again under the old 1984 style dictatorship where no lesser can possibly displace the Queen.

Still, you'd wonder if the folks in Letterclose would be concerned that their queen is copulating in dwarf blood and is causing their demon invasion problem. That bit of Demon Meat they offered for sale almost seems like warning, like the horse head in your bed to tell you you are out of line.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:22:58 am by HAMMERMILL »

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 04, 2009, 12:19:34 am »

The queen seems to hold no power over anyplace but Blockedlance, since Letterclose and its leaders might want to bring the nightmare of the Blockedlance to an end, suppose they sent an agent? The Tax Collector might be there to collect more then taxes.

Perhaps he collects money, credits and SKULLS.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:27:07 am by HAMMERMILL »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 04, 2009, 12:20:20 am »

The queen seems to hold no power over anyplace but Blockedlance, since Letterclose and its leaders might want to bring the nightmare of the Blockedlance to an end, suppose they sent an agent? The Tax Collector might be there to collect more then taxes.

What, is he Khorne or something?

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 04, 2009, 05:18:05 am »

No. That would be Urist.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 04, 2009, 09:57:18 am »

No. That would be Urist.
Wrong blood god, wrong interpretation.
Also, before somebody shouts skulls for the skull throne, HARRIERS FOR THE CUP.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 04, 2009, 10:53:39 am »

Why do people so readily trust Mogror?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1259 on: November 04, 2009, 05:22:05 pm »

He has that sort of impression on people. You know, that "Be friends with me or die" kind of impression.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 164