Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblins marshalling their forces for a surge  (Read 3525 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins marshalling their forces for a surge
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 03:15:23 pm »

I can confirm that ambush parties do not leave the map between seasons: I know that whenever I come outside again after keeping everyone inside for a bit I should expect some.

This is not true, or at least partially not true.

Ambushers WILL leave, eventually. I don't think they leave exactly when the season changes but if they don't get to ambush anyone eventually they will exit the map.

Sometimes you just get a LOT of ambushers, I guess you just got unlucky. If you happened to be near the end of a season it's possible you killed the first group and then more came soon after or something like that, but I know I've gotten a large groups of them before too.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins marshalling their forces for a surge
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 03:26:51 pm »

As far as I know, if you kill the civilization  eader, they'll just get a new one. And because all those goblins (save local or civilization leaders) don't actually exist until they enter the map, you will never deplete their civilization... under the current version at the very least.

As is, there is no proper succession. Killing all the squad leaders will probably make them stop coming altogether eventually
Pages: 1 [2]