Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: The Movie Discussion Thread!  (Read 26103 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: The Movie Discussion Thread!
« Reply #540 on: May 18, 2019, 04:31:30 pm »

Interstellar.

Every time this movie is mentioned, I remember Matt Damon waking up from the fridge. Such a hilarious scene.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 18, 2019, 06:22:15 pm »

Just came back from John Wick 3. Great for folks who like watching Keanu kill goons in increasingly outlandish circumstances. Kung Fu fight in Chinatown! Shooting gallery in Morocco! Matrix throwback level! Its like a video game but I'm perfectly fine with that.

I mean, the final boss was the chairman of Iron Chef America[/url, so that's a mega A+ in my book

Why doesn't people just set Wick on fire? It just strains my imagination that his enemies doesn't take advantage of such an obvious weakness.
Love, scriver~

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 19, 2019, 11:09:24 pm »

Well, saw Detective Pikachu.

Good, with greatness visible but just out of reach. Visuals are actually more impressive in the movie than in the trailers, and by virtue of desensitization (they put out quite a few trailers now), it didn't even look particularly strange or off.

All in all, an easy movie to claim the throne of "best video game movie ever made" (live-action). Not to say that that bar was particularly high. I probably liked it more than the average viewer, so keep that in mind.

This pretty much sums up how I felt.  I liked the movie and had a few laughs, so I'd say it's a good movie on those grounds.  I also found it a little touching at times, surprisingly.  The plot also feels like it had a few holes in it, but I feel kind of dumb for not seeing a few of the plot twists coming.

Spoiler: Plot Hole? (click to show/hide)
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 20, 2019, 06:39:50 am »

Spoiler: Harry spoilers (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]