Finally... > General Discussion

I like anime, do you like anime?

(1/6571) > >>

JoshuaFH:
So yeah, i tend to watch a lot of anime, and i wonder how many others here watch anime too.

Currently, I am in the middle of watching the second season of Jigoku Shoujo, (translated: Hell Girl) that is about people that contact the devil's agent (Hell Girl) through a magic website and make a literal deal with the devil in order to instantly send someone they hate to hell. It's pretty cool, i'd recommend it.

So what about you guys?

Keiseth:
I watch some. Favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, and most of all, Gurren Lagann. I adore Gurren Lagann. Everything about it.

I've heard good things about Fist of the North Star, but never really saw it. I've also seen all of Dragonball Z, I think, and a bit of Dragonball. My thoughts are that the whole series was good right until the end of the Frieza or Cell stuff, then it got dull. Liked Dragonball more than Z, too. Prefered the silly over the serious, you see.

Saw a bit of Trigun, like it a lot so far. Also, a friend suggests I watch Gao Gai Gar, since I like Gurren Lagann. Or was it Gai Gao Gar? Gar Gao Gai?

Aqizzar:
No anime here.  Being a lazy American, I haven't been exposed to much, but very little that I've seen impressed me.

Among my various criticisms of anime is that never once have I seen an anime with a strong male character.  Strong as in personality and psychology that is.  As you can probably guess from my avatar, I respect a guy who takes whatever's dished to him.  Male characters in anime are almost exclusively whiny milksops, aloof bitches, or the rare super-macho comic relief.  For that matter, I like to see female characters with the same qualities, but even they're pretty few and far between.  The Japanese don't seem to find good-humored endurance a laudable trait.

One of the few animes I have enjoyed was Ghost in the Shell (and not just the only imported one).  As an example to my point, my favorite character was... Bato? Vato?  The guy with bottlecaps for eyes, however you spell his name.  But even he had a melancholy to him (like the rest of the show) that deflated the rest of his characterization and left him kind of vacant.

JoshuaFH:

--- Quote from: Aqizzar on December 09, 2008, 10:54:08 pm ---No anime here.  Being a lazy American, I haven't been exposed to much, but very little that I've seen impressed me.

Among my various criticisms of anime is that never once have I seen an anime with a strong male character.  Strong as in personality and psychology that is.  As you can probably guess from my avatar, I respect a guy who takes whatever's dished to him.  Male characters in anime are almost exclusively whiny milksops, aloof bitches, or the rare super-macho comic relief.  For that matter, I like to see female characters with the same qualities, but even they're pretty few and far between.  The Japanese don't seem to find good-humored endurance a laudable trait.

One of the few animes I have enjoyed was Ghost in the Shell (and not just the only imported one).  As an example to my point, my favorite character was... Bato? Vato?  The guy with bottlecaps for eyes, however you spell his name.  But even he had a melancholy to him (like the rest of the show) that deflated the rest of his characterization and left him kind of vacant.

--- End quote ---

You want a manly character? oh, then i DEFINITELY suggest Berserk. Yep, that should be right up your alley, it is one of my favorites by far.

Nilocy:
I do enjoy the anime moviiiess. My favourite? Prolly all the studio Ghibli films, i love them. Good stories, nice morals and above all good animation. I also like Trigun, funny as hell, and also the good old Ghost in the Shell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version