Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2804405 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2008, 04:34:16 pm »

it had huge potential for romance....you know the too girl pilots liked him. but no he kills "humanity", the blue haired girl stares at him, then the last 2 episodes are garbage.....good thing they remade the ending

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2008, 04:37:32 pm »

and the ending sucked. it was 2 episodes...an hour of stupid self "realization" that wasn't even right....annoyed the hell out of me.

Clearly someone hasn't watched the movie. It contains even more self "realization". Shinji is one of the most annoying characters there is. He should not be in an eva. He should be in a mental institute, or dead.
Spoilers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And what is that about remaking the ending to be good?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2008, 04:49:04 pm »

thats not what i mean by self realization im talking about

"if i just changed when i was younger, then i could control the outcome of everything and none of this would happpen"

goes on about how the blue haired girl who he never met when he was a child somehow had her life changed because he acted differently....doesnt make any sense.

as for the new ending
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_of_Evangelion

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2008, 07:19:46 pm »

I hate Inuyasha because it ran on too long and never gave us a REAL ending because the Manga didn't end yet... (or that is what they say)

It actually has ended.  A few years too late I might add, and it was predictable as EA giving Spore SecuROM.

Are you sure? I've seen people reference the fake ending
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It feels cheap doing this but... http://www.onemanga.com/Inuyasha/558/

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2008, 08:27:37 pm »

It feels cheap doing this but... http://www.onemanga.com/Inuyasha/558/

You've probably did someone a favour by doing that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2008, 10:00:07 pm »

Will people stop linking me to the Manga when I am speaking about the ANIME not having a real ending...

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2008, 10:02:43 pm »

History's strongest diciple kenichi for the awsome I can recreate most of the moves they pull of.
Avatar the last airbender short but actiony/funny.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2008, 11:19:41 pm »

Will people stop linking me to the Manga when I am speaking about the ANIME not having a real ending...

i dont read the manga either but it really is hte only way to find out a good ending...anime just cuts everything short. still prefer the animation over imagination

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2008, 11:40:41 pm »

i dont read the manga either but it really is hte only way to find out a good ending...anime just cuts everything short. still prefer the animation over imagination

You do know what you said is almost blasphemy on this forum...

Also Neonivek, you said that the manga had not ended. I just wanted to disprove that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:49:14 pm by Okenido »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2008, 11:51:15 pm »

if Toady suddenly released dwarf fortress in 3-D, what would you do?

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2008, 02:28:07 pm »

Well assuming that the laws of the universe would fold in on itself if that ever happened, I presume that I would be consumed by a paradox.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2008, 09:43:46 pm »

Anyone who thinks that any 100+ episode animes are instant crap, then i suggest Detective Conan.

Though i'd only suggest it if you love Detective Mysteries as much as I do, and i LOVE detective mysteries.

Also, one thing to note about Detective Conan, even if you don't like Detective Mysteries, it WILL make you laugh hysterically. The funny parts are fantastic, much better than other shows dedicated purely to comedy.

Whats so funny? the engrish. It's not that noticeable, seeing as their aren't alot of english speaking characters, but when it does show up, its great. Characters that are supposedly American can only speak engrish, while being able to speak japanese perfectly.

The single most egregious example is an episode that takes place in NEW YORK CITY, and the only person that speaks english is a policeman, but only for an instant, and even then it's broken english. Everyone else in New York City, of course, speaks and understands fluent japanese for no apparent reason.

As far as i've seen (and i'm around episode 250), only one episode starred characters that spoke natural sounding, fluent english.

That may sound bad, but it's a hilarious kind of bad between all the awesome Detective work. My favorite is the Conversation between an English Teacher (good english) and Inspector Megura (bad english).

"Poriceman?"
"Policeman!"
"Poriceman?"
"Policeman!"

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2008, 10:05:35 pm »

Anyone who thinks that any 100+ episode animes are instant crap, then i suggest Detective Conan.

I've seen that, I found it hilarious.

Animes are good as long as they keep you entertained, so the number of episodes doesn't really matter, as long as it keeps interesting.
Though it IS annoying to remember what episode I'm on in which anime (I tend to skip between them.).

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2008, 10:10:47 pm »

I see you changed your avatar pic Hawkfrost, it used to be a Prinny. How ya doin on Disgaea? I think i've told you this already, but i've played Disgaea to death and back.

Just Disgaea though, not any of it's sequals.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2008, 11:34:10 pm »

Though i'd only suggest it if you love Detective Mysteries as much as I do, and i LOVE detective mysteries.

Also, one thing to note about Detective Conan, even if you don't like Detective Mysteries, it WILL make you laugh hysterically. The funny parts are fantastic, much better than other shows dedicated purely to comedy.

Whats so funny? the engrish. It's not that noticeable, seeing as their aren't alot of english speaking characters, but when it does show up, its great. Characters that are supposedly American can only speak engrish, while being able to speak japanese perfectly.

The single most egregious example is an episode that takes place in NEW YORK CITY, and the only person that speaks english is a policeman, but only for an instant, and even then it's broken english. Everyone else in New York City, of course, speaks and understands fluent japanese for no apparent reason.

As far as i've seen (and i'm around episode 250), only one episode starred characters that spoke natural sounding, fluent english.

That may sound bad, but it's a hilarious kind of bad between all the awesome Detective work. My favorite is the Conversation between an English Teacher (good english) and Inspector Megura (bad english).

"Poriceman?"
"Policeman!"
"Poriceman?"
"Policeman!"

i love that anime also....out of all of them i was only able to figure one out by myself.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 2191