Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2803943 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20070 on: November 05, 2014, 11:46:45 am »

Well a few parts of the internet are apparently on fire with the ending of Naruto now out. Why you ask? Shipping of course

Spoiler: Other people (click to show/hide)
So who's betting that a new series will show up sooner or later, starring all of the kids?
my inner shipper just went "yaaay" at the first spoiler
odds are 100% ._.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20071 on: November 05, 2014, 11:48:44 am »

HA! Knew they wouldn't just let it die :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20072 on: November 05, 2014, 12:14:16 pm »

Crunchyroll's videos have been uncensored since episode 4, I think.  The censorship in it beforehand really was insanely excessive, though - in other shows like JoJo it just looks like a tasteful shadow, here it was full-on black bars everywhere.

e: Except for that one time Jotaro's cigarette was censored.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20073 on: November 05, 2014, 12:26:40 pm »

5 Ninja villages united, even with the Samurai.  What can go wrong? 
Oh right, almost everyone that made it possible dies, the ninja world is plunged back into the previous era.  Obviously with some young super prodigy, filled with hate and stuff, kicking it off.
And/Or... some big bad +musket age foreigners show up.
Another lore friendly way to put it is the actual nations the ninja villages are under go to war, dragging the ninja villages along.  (That shit is pretty much abstracted out to not being part of the infighting and power balance between the ninja villages though...  Leave ninja stuff to ninjas.)

I'm leaning on foreigners, what say you?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20074 on: November 05, 2014, 12:30:26 pm »

Gato comes back from the dead as basically Zed. Remainder of the new series details the tribulations of Konoha's giant seal-powered robot pilots in their battle against giant animals. *desultory* Go go power ninjas.

The entire thing will be brought to popular ascendancy by the inclusion of the giant hiruzen head. End episode will actually be giant sarutobi robot piloted by the seal-trapped soul of the God of Shinobi laying a smack down on the entire elemental nations and kicking their shit back in order. It will achieve critical notoriety as the best last minute plot twist ever written into an anime.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:34:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20075 on: November 05, 2014, 08:42:51 pm »

Ugh! Gundam Build fighters WHY!?! you were doing so well...

Nooooooo!

Whatever it is minor... Have your "I just wanted to be as good as the boys" female character... As long as she is presented well I am sure that aspect of her personality will be downplayed. I do find it interesting that she is still the weak link on the team.

But that is to be expected. A Gundam such as hers has never really done well in the tournaments. As well she has no real special trait or attribute for the moment. Being less skilled in both combat and build ability.

Which actually could make her a lot more interesting down the road if done right. Afterall she isn't based on having broken ability or a broken machine. :P

So honestly I could see this development going quite well. All they have to do is treat her like a contributing member of the team and a character in her own right able to make decisions for herself... and BOOM! Heck in many ways I have to respect their decision for not just having Yuuma make her Gundam.

I am not going to let this get me down. Sure these very same traits in a lesser anime would be the reason why "She is a girl, and as a girl she isn't meant for the rough world of MEN!!!" (Honestly Damn you Marchen Awakens Romance! Princess Snow was my favorite character)... but this is season two BABY! anything can happen!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:14:40 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20076 on: November 05, 2014, 10:43:03 pm »

mhm. The story of how their relationship got there is being relegated to an upcoming movie though. The rage from fans who didn't have their ships win out is delicioius.

Hah, I'm having a lot of fun watching the fallout as well. I suppose it helps that my core ship--despite having only read maybe the first couple arcs of the series before dropping it; thanks, fanfiction writers!--was canonized, because god damn is it good to see elegant wallflower badass route as canon in anything ever.

TerraforMars on crunchyroll had a ludicrous amount of censorship.  Are there any versions without that?  I stopped watching because of it.
It was censored? Oh boy.
How? Lack of Blood? Different Coloured Blood??? What kind of Censor???

99% of the screen greyed out type censored any time there's any blood. This is on the CrunchyRoll version or any versions derived from it, e.g. HorribleSubs version. Basically any time anything violent happens the entire screen greys out and it's like a radio drama. "Wow, watching this grey screen with screaming going on is awesome".

I can testify that the Commie version at least is ripped from the Japanese uncensored version.

And yet it's still better than the faux-photorealistic gore in the manga...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20077 on: November 05, 2014, 10:50:20 pm »

Hah, I'm having a lot of fun watching the fallout as well. I suppose it helps that my core ship--despite having only read maybe the first couple arcs of the series before dropping it; thanks, fanfiction writers!--was canonized, because god damn is it good to see elegant wallflower badass route as canon in anything ever.
I'unno, as appreciative as I am of the true hyuuga bloodline, Reload kinda' sold me on the ambiguously transgender Sasuke pairing. Most narusasu stuff just makes me want to bang the author's head against the wall, but that was pretty well done.

E: Of course, Reload's Sasuke was also about ten thousand times more compelling of a character than canon (admittedly not a difficult proposition, but still), but eh.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:52:16 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20078 on: November 05, 2014, 10:52:14 pm »

I'unno, as appreciative as I am of the true hyuuga bloodline, Reload kinda' sold me on the ambiguously transgender Sasuke pairing. Most narusasu stuff just makes me want to bang the author's head against the wall, but that was pretty well done.
That's because Reload as a whole was well done. I'll buy into most any premise or pairing even if it would ordinarily break SoD or not jive with my own interests, provided the writing is good.

3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20079 on: November 05, 2014, 11:00:59 pm »

His daughter's named Salad!

In unrelated news

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:32:09 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20080 on: November 05, 2014, 11:59:59 pm »

His daughter's named Salad!

In unrelated news

Totally didn't see that one coming at all. Really.  ::)

(I'm still happy, though.)

3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20081 on: November 06, 2014, 03:19:20 am »

NarutoXHinata was called for since the beginning. Naruto put alot of build in her during the exams and then her explosive comeback in the Pain arc already settled on those two. The real question is: "Is Sakura still pining for gimp Sasuke?"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20082 on: November 06, 2014, 03:20:43 am »

So wait, wait, wait.... Naruto's daughter is named Salad?!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20083 on: November 06, 2014, 03:24:52 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:01:11 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20084 on: November 06, 2014, 03:28:05 am »

The real question is: "Is Sakura still pining for gimp Sasuke?"

Seriously, Sakura x Sasuke won out? She deserves so much better.
Probably not, Sasuke keeps rejecting her and hes probably gonna go lonely wanderer mode after the series.
Pages: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 ... 2191