Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2802696 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20220 on: November 17, 2014, 09:42:34 pm »

.O.  I lieked Para-Kiss.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20221 on: November 17, 2014, 09:44:59 pm »

NOT EVEN THE 80s TRANSFORMERS LAZER RAVE

.O.  I lieked Para-Kiss.

Not saying it was bad. I liked it. It was weird.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20222 on: November 17, 2014, 09:48:15 pm »

Was the anime odd?  Manga versions aside, I've had the anime versions of both Parakiss and Nana sitting on my computer for...eight and seven years now, respectively, as a part of my extensive backlog.  I may have to watch the anime versions of both, now. 

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20223 on: November 17, 2014, 09:55:59 pm »

Right. Googled that. Got this.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20224 on: November 17, 2014, 09:58:03 pm »

I'm guessing it was the relationship complications... and maybe the castle.  The castle took me by surprise.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20225 on: November 17, 2014, 10:03:48 pm »

Right. Googled that. Got this.

That's better. The Fish is appeased.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20226 on: November 18, 2014, 08:37:27 am »

@Japanese Truck Drivers
Semi-relevant: Sunshine Girl Its an animated video/song thing.

Alright, I just want to reel back a couple pages to say that whenever I see an "award winning" short, my expectations are almost always VERY LOW. It just comes with the package of being a disillusioned manchild.

However, after watching, only one thought is in my head: "This is the most award winning shit I've ever seen. The critics must have been ejaculating praise onto it. I know I would've."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20227 on: November 18, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »

Damn Madan no Ou to Vanadis is a hard show to take seriously, a certain "something" totally overshadows all the politics and war themes. A few pics from 1 episode to illustrate:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And a shot from another site, this is a preview of one of the 7 Battle Maidens (the seven most powerful warriors in the world) we haven't seen yet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah I can't wait for that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:25:24 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20228 on: November 18, 2014, 07:45:20 pm »

... so this... keyman thing. Seems to be a few years old. Fanservice aside (and yes, if anyone goes looking, it's got fairly rather explicit fanservice.), kung-fu tyrannosaurus-person detective.

I... anyone know what I can expect from this? I intend to keep reading, but. But.

Actually, can folks recommend awesome lizardpeople in general? This one's the most impressive scaled thing I've seen since monster collection. Which... was also pretty fanservicey, actually. Is there some sort of correlation with that?

Non-humans in general would be okay, I guess, but scales seem to have a certain panache. Non-mammal in general, I suppose...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:47:17 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20229 on: November 18, 2014, 07:45:42 pm »

suck the venom out

By the by don't do this... it doesn't work.

Extra points to Naruto for doing a poison curing technique that wouldn't even remotely work... AKA cutting open your hand and bleeding.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20230 on: November 18, 2014, 07:48:04 pm »

... you, uh. Do know that Naruto would have probably been fine even if he hadn't done that, right? Of course that wouldn't even remotely work -- that's not what fixed the problem :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20231 on: November 18, 2014, 07:52:04 pm »

... you, uh. Do know that Naruto would have probably been fine even if he hadn't done that, right? Of course that wouldn't even remotely work -- that's not what fixed the problem :P

It is implied that it was the actual method of curing poison if your hit with a poisoned weapon. Just happens that Naruto has the ability to self-neutralize poison... at least that time.

I don't think the implication was that Kakashi was messing with Naruto.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20232 on: November 18, 2014, 07:56:20 pm »

Mm. Well, there's always the possibility it actually would work for ninja, too... chakra is magic, et al. One-eye might have been giving accurate advice. Just... not advice you should follow if you're in a world that doesn't have random physics hax and whatnot. Or maybe even starting out on genuine advice (ninja medicine applied directly to open wound) before fishcake jumped the gun and stabbed 'isself like a twit.

... or the writer didn't know what the zog they were talking about :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20233 on: November 18, 2014, 08:01:02 pm »

I'd accept that Frumple if it wasn't a common belief held even today. It is a relative of the "sucking the poison out" method of cutting yourself open to bleed it out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20234 on: November 18, 2014, 10:18:23 pm »

Okay, wow, I am kinda' conflicted as hell on this keyman thing. On one hand, there's tits hanging out during a fair chunk of the chapters so far and there's bits that are honestly kinda' skeezy.

On the other hand, the art direction both during that and especially everywhere else is basically goddamn amazing. This is a series with a tyrannosaurus-man as one of your primary characters. Among other things, he fights gigantic animal-conglomerate more-or-less kaiju with a multi-breasted witch sticking out the top and skull-headed doom-butlers that kicks the shit out of things with a cane. And, just. It's part 60s noir detective, part super-hero comic, part eldritch monstrosity flick, part... a dozen other things. And almost all of it looks kinda' incredible.

It's. I half-way don't know what to think. Other than to keep reading. This is both mildly off-putting and kinda' great.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 2191