Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1539 1540 [1541] 1542 1543 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2804449 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23100 on: June 23, 2015, 03:39:33 pm »

Some new production samples of the upcoming English vocaloid Ruby for Vocaloid4. Videos also include what I guess is concept art for Ruby's character design.

Ruby singing Break Free by Ariana Grande (1:10)
Ruby Singing The Sweet Escape & Venus (7:57)

She sounds quite good. Clear english, clear pronunciation, no engrish. At 0:40 in the video with Sweet Escape she handles some speedy singing very well. There's also plans that if Ruby's english voice bank sells well then they'll make a japanese voice bank as well. Some japanese samples have been released. Me no speaky japanese so I can't really judge it as well, but it sounds nice.

For both voice bank samples she doesn't sound very digitized or synthesized. Compared to some past vocaloids I've heard, it's pretty cool to see the improvements.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23101 on: June 24, 2015, 05:32:33 am »

I'm waiting for the day that they don't sound like a singer who has been put through heavy auto-tuning though.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23102 on: June 24, 2015, 06:00:04 am »

I'm waiting for the day that they don't sound like a singer who has been put through heavy auto-tuning though.

But then they wouldn't sound like modern pop singers anymore.

Jokes aside, that was one thing I always liked about the song "Love is War", that the vocalization for it could pass as a real person if you weren't paying very close attention.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23103 on: June 24, 2015, 10:12:50 am »

It's 1:11AM and I just finished watching the last 8 episodes of Kill la Kill and Ragyo's theme is awesome and everything in the show is awesome.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #23104 on: June 24, 2015, 10:34:06 am »

It's 1:11AM and I just finished watching the last 8 episodes of Kill la Kill and Ragyo's theme is awesome and everything in the show is awesome.
The exact same thing happened to me.  Except it was around 4am and it was the last 12 episodes.

Sonic Adventure 2 Kill la Kill was a good anime...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23105 on: June 24, 2015, 01:03:07 pm »

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Holy shit. The first episode started out slow but everything picked up in the next two episodes. Episode 3 was crazy intense.

I love the crazy coloring of this anime. All the bright colors and hues reminds me of the manga and anime of the 80s and 90s. It's so campy it's good.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23106 on: June 24, 2015, 01:12:29 pm »

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Holy shit. The first episode started out slow but everything picked up in the next two episodes. Episode 3 was crazy intense.

I love the crazy coloring of this anime. All the bright colors and hues reminds me of the manga and anime of the 80s and 90s. It's so campy it's good.

Well it should remind you of the 80's, because it IS from the 80's :P

It's one of those rare IP's that apparently has an unkillable fanbase, thanks in part to still being unique and interesting to this day.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23107 on: June 24, 2015, 01:36:31 pm »

Well it should remind you of the 80's, because it IS from the 80's :P

It's one of those rare IP's that apparently has an unkillable fanbase, thanks in part to still being unique and interesting to this day.

Huh. Checked Google. Apparently it is. I thought that since the anime was made recently that it was just going for a campy 80s shounen feeling.

Really good shounen. It's got that "believe in the me that believes in you" feel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23108 on: June 25, 2015, 12:54:51 am »

Ok I have to ask, since as always I think the original anime of Sailormoon is the best in at least the first season...

In the manga did all the Sailor scouts look like they had the same face?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23109 on: June 25, 2015, 02:22:40 am »

The cousins weren't cousins and were girlfriend and girlfriend in the manga and that's all I know about Sailor Moon.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23110 on: June 25, 2015, 03:22:58 am »

The cousins weren't cousins and were girlfriend and girlfriend in the manga and that's all I know about Sailor Moon.
Never mind the manga, they were only kissing cousins in the American dub of the anime.

As to the original question... it's eh. Naoko Takeuchi's art style tends to be sorta indistinct at the the best of times.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23111 on: June 25, 2015, 04:35:05 am »

The first dub of Sailor Moon was heavily butchered for a number of reasons.

In 1995, DiC won the rights to Sailor Moon in North America. The series was a 65-episode package, with seven episodes cut for reasons unknown.

It's noted elsewhere that Robotech was created from three separate shows to meet a requirement that syndicated weekday shows be 65 episodes or greater. It's likely that DIC bought exactly the number of episodes to fit 65 eps at minimum cost. Then they made massive changes and removed content from every single remaining episode they had, making up for some of it with the padding "sailor says" educational segment on each episode. Here's a wiki about all the edits and changes:

http://wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Sailor_Moon_in_North_America#English_Dub

Interestingly, it says DIC cut so much material that some transformation sequences were first played forwards, then backwards to pad out the time and cover for the removed material. So you have a magical girl anime, already one of the most padded out genres, then the DIC dub removes some of the original content and adds even more repetition and padding.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:45:49 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23112 on: June 25, 2015, 04:56:46 am »

Yeah I am kind of understanding why that author's only big hit was Sailor Moon...

I mean... if you judged Sailormoon by the first few manga chapters released you would probably think it was done by a hack.

And that is ignoring the huge plot holes, dropped storylines, and the 1-dimensional characters that riddle the first storyline. (I honestly thought they cut content out of Crystal for a while... I mean I knew the mask disappearing was because the author outright forgot it existed at one scene and was too lazy to add it back in)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:59:50 am by Neonivek »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23113 on: June 26, 2015, 10:27:47 am »

I'm noticing a disturbing trend in Psycho-Pass... All of the lesbians are latent criminals!

I mean, talk about bad representation. Any time lesbian sex/relationships are implied, it's always either between two latent criminals, or a latent criminal seducing someone who isn't. I thought this was supposed to be a utopia, not a fascist state!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23114 on: June 26, 2015, 10:32:43 am »

I'm noticing a disturbing trend in Psycho-Pass... All of the lesbians are latent criminals!

I mean, talk about bad representation. Any time lesbian sex/relationships are implied, it's always either between two latent criminals, or a latent criminal seducing someone who isn't. I thought this was supposed to be a utopia, not a fascist state!

I think part of that is how non-conformists are considered latent criminals, IMO.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 ... 1539 1540 [1541] 1542 1543 ... 2191