Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2147 2148 [2149] 2150 2151 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2799417 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32220 on: October 08, 2019, 10:06:57 am »

Boku No Hero Academia; aka My Hero Academia.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #32221 on: October 08, 2019, 10:14:37 am »

Boku No Hero Academia; aka My Hero Academia.
The internet has taught me to never watch an anime called Boku
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32222 on: October 08, 2019, 10:51:00 am »

Kimi to Boku is good. It's about a bunch of guys who are very close to each other ...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32223 on: October 09, 2019, 02:04:22 am »

So, who out there read the latest shingeki no kyojin and blurted an uncontrollable "oh SHIT" at the wait with all the stuff that just clunked into place after this chapter?

Because while I was explaining to the missus (which also involved telling her why I had to wait because  I couldn't see a way to make sense of #120 and #121 for her without the context I expected a minimum of in #122.

Instead we get a veritable minefield full of delayed fuse bouncing betties and whatnot, and I am seriously at a loss for finding another author with so much skill at seamlessly and naturally including layer upon layer of foreshadowing, retrospectively obvious yet incredibly satisfying ties and reveals and explanations mixed in amongst the far more obvious details that sat there awaiting explanation from day 1.

Now though?

Whew... so yeah, there's a couple more things that make sense now but yeah, fuck that's a lot for now anyways.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32224 on: October 09, 2019, 04:57:51 am »

I finally got to episode 11 of EROSENSI and I am not even halfway through the episode and I'm wiggling intensely from all the adorableness!!! I was told that it's a sight to see a grown man wiggling over something that is cute.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32225 on: October 09, 2019, 06:49:24 am »

Been watching Takagi-san and it’s also pretty cute.
Although I don’t think I could do a second season of it. I kind of just want them to hit highschool already.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32226 on: October 09, 2019, 07:07:40 am »

Been watching Takagi-san and it’s also pretty cute.
Although I don’t think I could do a second season of it. I kind of just want them to hit highschool already.

If that's Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, then technically it's already had two separate seasons, one season about 18 months back and a second one just finished.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 07:11:18 am by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32227 on: October 09, 2019, 07:14:26 am »

Yeah it's on Netflix, but not on Australian Netflix, so therefore I get it nowhere.
I ended up tracking it down somewhere, but basically went 'eh'. Twelve episodes of 'boy is embarrassed' is enough for me.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32228 on: October 09, 2019, 07:51:53 am »

I just finished Megalobox; and it was a very charming homage. Obviously it doesn't live up to the original as it only has 13 eps to work with, but it was well worth the watch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32229 on: October 09, 2019, 08:36:22 am »

Yeah it's on Netflix, but not on Australian Netflix, so therefore I get it nowhere.
I ended up tracking it down somewhere, but basically went 'eh'. Twelve episodes of 'boy is embarrassed' is enough for me.

Can you get Saiki on Australian Netflix? Watch that then
https://www.netflix.com/au/title/80117781

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32230 on: October 13, 2019, 02:16:41 am »

I just completed My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy and felt it needs a season 2. There's so much more to be explored on the whole side what and how the Absolute Choice is "gifted" to the individuals and I would love to see when and why little miss teacher got her's as well.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32231 on: October 13, 2019, 03:16:52 am »

I'm pretty sure you'd find that's a hollow mystery. The entire gimmick is that he has the power, so how he actually got it is not important and you can bet that the author has barely bothered to even think up an explanation for that.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32232 on: October 17, 2019, 12:04:17 pm »

ORESUKI.

Yeah I'm a tentative fan. The first episode had me turned off until about 70% through (give it a shot), but now I'm up to the third-something episode I'm a little scared about the psychological yandere vibes

As below: I raise you episode 19 of nichijou. Back to it every time.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:22:07 pm by Tack »

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32233 on: October 17, 2019, 12:11:11 pm »

So while watching Love, Chunibyo, & Other Delusions second season; which is amazing like the first, I suddenly had a hankering for the first episode of Real Girl. Has anyone else had that issue where you have to watch a single episode of a series again and not the rest?

King of Candy Island.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32234 on: October 17, 2019, 12:18:20 pm »

Yeah I have a few shows that I rewatch just the first episode now and then. Aria: The Animation (not "Aria the Scarlet Ammo") is one, Sora no Woto is another.
Pages: 1 ... 2147 2148 [2149] 2150 2151 ... 2191