Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2149 2150 [2151] 2152 2153 ... 2157

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 1690227 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32250 on: July 21, 2019, 05:05:17 pm »

Could be people trying to find/create inconsistencies so they can claim the event didn't actually happen. Some folks see false-flag operations in anything.
People worried about that kind of thing have a lot of totally legitimate concerns regarding fire safety standards to bring up. The fact that Japan generally doesn't have fire escapes, for one thing, and the fact that the roof door, which could have saved lives, was locked. The huge focus on wood, structural elements of which could have been impregnated with flame retardant relatively cheaply at the time of construction (but wasn't) also crops up.

Although from what I've seen, conspiracy theorists are mostly fixating on the fact that the main doors were open because the NHK were planning to come over, which isn't supposed to be SOP for a press visit anywhere, and now the NHK has a big story which naturally they were first on the scene for. But that's consistent with KyoAni being in a nice area and having no real fear of anything like this happening and just generally being careless.

People just aren't comfortable with the idea that one lunatic acting alone can wreak this kind of havoc. But even if I don't think it was the main fault in this case, hopefully this is a wake up call for fire safety standards in Japan in general, since it has long been notorious among developed nations for having poor building codes.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #32251 on: July 22, 2019, 11:35:58 pm »

Spoiler alert from latest chapter of HI3. If you don't play, it's worth a watch!

Honkai Impact 3rd - Cyberangel: ZERO Exception

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32253 on: July 25, 2019, 05:29:03 pm »

I mean, if you don't look too closely she looks ok? Then you realize her shirt and hair is an eldritch abomination.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32254 on: July 25, 2019, 07:08:53 pm »

I had to try it as well.  On the one hand, it's conceptually interesting, and on the other hand, it's always amusing to see what monstrosities these random character generators put out.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32255 on: July 25, 2019, 11:30:33 pm »

That hand is something special...

Can you link directly from the site? I don't really want to upload it anywhere.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32256 on: July 26, 2019, 12:10:57 am »

The random waifu tech has been around for a while (https://www.thiswaifudoesnotexist.net/), what's new is the procedural steps where you pick from grid. And, I think, ending up on a page that will sell you a pillow of your procedural waifu for $90.

That hand is something special...

Can you link directly from the site? I don't really want to upload it anywhere.
You can't, because the site doesn't retain an image, the image only exists in your browser and the data to represent it exceeds 40000 characters (maximum allowed length for a forum post here) so you can't embed it or link it without it being saved as an image somewhere.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #32257 on: July 26, 2019, 12:52:13 am »

Pretty neat, I messed with it a while.  I feel like their tends to be a "wonky" option in the color palette stage, but it sometimes transitions into surprisingly good results.  I also appreciate how it has some Korean-esque art along with the typical Japanese tropes.

Saved for the record, obviously wrong in various ways, but oddly comfortable.
(balloons aside)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #32258 on: July 26, 2019, 06:21:57 am »

The tech isn't much ahead of TWDNE, unless I'm remembering it as being based off the wrong paper (I happen to work with something very similar, except for neural imaging not waifus). Someone recently-ish put out a paper with more direct conditioning on waifu characteristics. This site is a bit of a cop out, because I'd stake money you never get shown a waifu with glasses (or drills). :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32259 on: July 26, 2019, 03:29:43 pm »

I'm not bothering, I'm only allowed to have a waifu if she has more than 6 legs or is a really cute mantid.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32260 on: July 26, 2019, 03:40:59 pm »

The internet fulfills its true purpose at last, we have AI generated custom waifus
I'd like to give this a try, but oh holy fuck it does not play nice with my browser. Just loading the page shoots my computer's RAM usage all the way up to the upper 90s, and if I try to generate a new list of potential waifus the browser turns to sludge until I force-close it.

I have yet to make it past step 1.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32261 on: July 26, 2019, 05:25:48 pm »

Ha, it doesn't even work on mobile browsers and I can't be arsed pull it up on the laptop. I haven't even made it to step one :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32262 on: July 26, 2019, 09:32:04 pm »

And, I think, ending up on a page that will sell you a pillow of your procedural waifu for $90.
I feel like this is the real breakthrough.
"Next, you're gonna wanna fuse the soul of a god with the devourer of time and space and cook it into a nice curry, which you'll find the instructions to in our previous video."
2,500+ chapters about slapping faces

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32263 on: July 27, 2019, 12:42:10 pm »

Apparently Zombie Land Saga is getting a second season.

I might actually watch, despite disliking idol shows on a general basis. ZLS was actually pretty good for what it was, and had a lot of good humor in it. Producer himself was a friggin' hoot who could have carried the entire show on his back alone, but between the based biker zombie girl and the couple of legitimately surprising twists, he didn't have to.

Which is quite a lot of effort for a genre normally reserved for "We dunno what else to make this season but we need to fill a time slot, get some monkeys on typewriters and the first three coherent words they make are the 'twists' we'll go with."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32264 on: July 27, 2019, 07:17:59 pm »

Ha, it doesn't even work on mobile browsers and I can't be arsed pull it up on the laptop. I haven't even made it to step one :P

Waifu labs keeps crashing Firefox for me too, as in all Firefox windows instantly crash and close without warning. I gave up, never did get a finished Waifu, and only got to the decorating stage one time, it usually crashes the browser before that.
Pages: 1 ... 2149 2150 [2151] 2152 2153 ... 2157