Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2158 2159 [2160] 2161 2162 ... 2168

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 1723542 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32385 on: September 13, 2019, 10:56:35 am »

Angel... beats?
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #32386 on: September 13, 2019, 11:25:03 am »

Angel... beats?
It takes place in purgatory and there's an Angel that needs beating
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32387 on: September 13, 2019, 11:34:44 am »

Both words of the title have two meaning. The antagonist is called Tenshi, which means Angel, and all the characters are dead, hence "angels". Plus there's fighting and they play in a band, hence "beats".

I'm surprised you haven't at least heard of it, it was a pretty huge deal when it aired.
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity

Note, this is the top anime by popularity not overall user ratings, and Angel Beats is #10 on this list, just behind Naruto (Naruto being #9 should indicate that this isn't the list based on actual quality, just how many people have watched at least one episode of these shows. If you switch to the user-ratings list you won't find Naruto even in the top 500). Which shows that Angel Beats is a pretty big deal for a show that's arguably more obscure, since a lot of people have seen Naruto.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 11:44:08 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32388 on: September 13, 2019, 01:30:25 pm »

That was supposed to say "Angel... bleats?"

Just a joke on what the name looked like. Mobile must have corrected it without me noticing.

Not that I had any idea of what show that was anyway, I'm not particularly into the animes. So thanks anyway ;)
Love, scriver~

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #32389 on: September 16, 2019, 12:21:14 am »

Yo, Duke of Death and His Black Maid is a pretttttty good read.  Takes a while before any plot happens, but there's a lot of "plot" going around.  Surprisingly wholesome too, interesting aesthetic too.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Trucker Combat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32390 on: September 19, 2019, 06:01:17 am »

Dammit, here I am looking for another light hearted romance in the series called The World God Only Knows and it's making me cry every episode. Dammit, I didn't want another AmagamiSS type anime but some how I keep getting dragged into those types of series.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32391 on: September 19, 2019, 06:31:50 am »

W... wait, what? The World Only God Knows is making you cry? The one where some dude that excessively played dating sims gets jacked by weird shit?

Is the anime significantly different from the manga or somethin'? Tear-jerker is, uh. Not how I'd classify that at all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Trucker Combat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32392 on: September 19, 2019, 06:36:03 am »

It's not because of the MC that's doing it but for the girls that have the issues that surround them gets me wet.

Even though it seems like MC doesn't like to admit it, he does ever so slightly fall for the girls that he has to target for the souls.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 06:39:59 am by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32393 on: September 19, 2019, 01:04:32 pm »

W... wait, what? The World Only God Knows is making you cry? The one where some dude that excessively played dating sims gets jacked by weird shit?

Is the anime significantly different from the manga or somethin'? Tear-jerker is, uh. Not how I'd classify that at all.
Different people cry from different things.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Trucker Combat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32394 on: September 19, 2019, 02:37:51 pm »

Now I am on the Library Girl arc and something made me feel different. Not like overall personal difference but a specific difference.

I understand the whole wifu thing and what kind of character attributes that are someone's personal favorites but what I am feeling is not like that.

Little miss librarian girl is my kind of cute, tiny soft spoken but extremely intelligent while being imaginative, there's something else I can't put my finger on. At first, I thought it was sexual attraction but there's nothing that matched it. I know there is some sympathy for her inability to speak with people and to be honest with her opinion to others but it's not that since I know that aspect.

It's almost love but I highly doubt that. A good writer does make characters that seem like real people but it's not the same as dealing with real people.

I don't know, it's not freaking me out but it is disturbing that I feel something that I can't identify.

King of Candy Island.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32395 on: September 19, 2019, 05:45:05 pm »

Different people cry from different things.
They totally do, but I usually spot the likelihood to some degree, far as I've noticed. It's entirely possible it's just been long enough I don't remember the material well, or that the anime tugs different strings, s'just as far as I remember the manga it didn't present on that dimension much or at all. More absurdity/humor, iirc, with most unfortunate bits of the situations downplayed or played off. Ain't  nothing wrong with it or anythin', just a bit of a surprise to me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32396 on: September 20, 2019, 02:32:22 am »

Now I am on the Library Girl arc and something made me feel different. Not like overall personal difference but a specific difference.

I understand the whole wifu thing and what kind of character attributes that are someone's personal favorites but what I am feeling is not like that.

Little miss librarian girl is my kind of cute, tiny soft spoken but extremely intelligent while being imaginative, there's something else I can't put my finger on. At first, I thought it was sexual attraction but there's nothing that matched it. I know there is some sympathy for her inability to speak with people and to be honest with her opinion to others but it's not that since I know that aspect.

It's almost love but I highly doubt that. A good writer does make characters that seem like real people but it's not the same as dealing with real people.

I don't know, it's not freaking me out but it is disturbing that I feel something that I can't identify.

This sounds a lot like the Japanese concept of moe. Actually, I'm pretty certain that if you described this to a Japanese otaku, they'd just say "oh, you've got moe" (pronounced moh-eh).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

Moe used in slang refers to feelings of affection, adoration, devotion, and excitement felt towards characters that appear in manga, anime, video games, and other media. Characters that elicit feelings of moe are called "moe characters." The word has also evolved to be used regarding all kinds of topics. Included in the meaning of the word is the idea that "deep feelings felt towards a particular subject" is used in cases where a simple "like" is not enough to express the feeling. The common feature in all feelings of moe is that the subject of such feelings is something that one cannot possibly have a real relationship with, like a fictional character, a pop idol, or an inorganic substance. It can be considered a kind of "pseudo-romance," but it is not always seen to be the same as "romance."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:35:37 am by Reelya »

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Trucker Combat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32397 on: September 20, 2019, 09:51:42 am »

This sounds a lot like the Japanese concept of moe. Actually, I'm pretty certain that if you described this to a Japanese otaku, they'd just say "oh, you've got moe" (pronounced moh-eh).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

Moe used in slang refers to feelings of affection, adoration, devotion, and excitement felt towards characters that appear in manga, anime, video games, and other media. Characters that elicit feelings of moe are called "moe characters." The word has also evolved to be used regarding all kinds of topics. Included in the meaning of the word is the idea that "deep feelings felt towards a particular subject" is used in cases where a simple "like" is not enough to express the feeling. The common feature in all feelings of moe is that the subject of such feelings is something that one cannot possibly have a real relationship with, like a fictional character, a pop idol, or an inorganic substance. It can be considered a kind of "pseudo-romance," but it is not always seen to be the same as "romance."

Ok, I thought I was just going a little crazy there, nah this is perfectly WHAT IN THE NANI FUCK IS GOING ON?!?! I have romantic feelings for a anime character. Ok now I know I'm crazy. I didnt know that was physically possible?!

King of Candy Island.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #32398 on: September 20, 2019, 10:09:50 am »

You have obtained a waifu
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32399 on: September 20, 2019, 02:12:49 pm »

Moe is a powerful force.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2158 2159 [2160] 2161 2162 ... 2168