Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2164 2165 [2166] 2167 2168 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2803248 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32475 on: October 12, 2020, 07:19:51 pm »

The "doing things" quote was in relation to erai-raws vs Horriblesubs. I said erai-raws is doing things similar to how HS did them (simulcast rips not subbing). That's entirely unrelated to shanaproject.
That's my misunderstanding, I apologize.

I think the interface is more opaque than nyaa since they aren't really using colors and they've divided things in ways that make it pop less.
They don't need color coding. On nyaa, all Eng anime is purple. Shanaproject is only Eng anime, so everything here would come under the purple filter. Hence, it doesn't need to be color-coded unless you're asking for them to use color-coding at a higher level of granularity than nyaa does.
Nyaa also has different classes of release colored differently in other ways. Although those classes are fairly arbitrary (and I'm not saying I necessarily like the way they've done it), it still breaks things up visually. This is more a design issue than one of functionality, but it's still an asset.

Seems like it's just a RSS manager for when you know exactly what you want already.
Not really. It's all Eng releases of airing shows by major groups. You don't need to know what groups exist or what shows are airing to use this, you just need to speak English and want to watch current shows. Quickly browsing the list informs you about what shows are out this season, then you can just pick a release to follow. Most of the time, i just browse this then once I know what's actually being released I cross-reference the shows with season charts to see which ones I like the look of. At least this way you know that the shows you're considering watching are actually out, rather than having to go through season charts then discovering hardly any of it's out yet.
I suppose that's handy if you have a use case substantially different than mine, perhaps if prefer a specific subber that focuses on quality rather than speed. But this site lacks synopsis and, usually, pictures so you still need another source to go through, and then you simply come to this site to find out whether things are out yet. Otherwise it's only useful to someone who "wants to watch current shows" but doesn't actually care what those shows are, beyond that they're English-subbed anime, and current. I have a hard time imagining someone being that undiscerning.

If you already know exactly what file you want and you're familiar with the subber and how they do things, that's not hard on nyaa either.
This is slightly contradictory. you really do need to know exactly what you want before even venturing into nyaa. You really don't for shanaproject.
I don't understand why you think that. Nyaa lists all files with all info that the sub group put into the file name, including filetype and also has a description blurb if you click through, which can be filled by the uploader. It even has comments. I've just found the info button for shana, which I didn't before, but even though there's a "comment" section (not actually a comments section but a description box), it seems like they're lacking in meaningful info on this site, and perhaps also in character limit/formatting options based on what I'm seeing. Even the basic info found in the filename, although it's here, you have to click through rather than just seeing it from the get-go; far less convenient. And under a different domain name for some reason? Far less convenient, if nothing else.

I don't even see ways to add search filters, for example to only show the highest resolution available
It's not a useful idea. Shana is only for currently airing English subbed anime after all, it's already plenty filtered as a result, and it's hard to actually come up with filters that would do anything other than for sub group or title. It's as complicated as it needs to be. Considering that many releases will be in 3 quality choices and the search gives 50 things per page, searching by title or sub group alone give the last 17 relevant releases. This is plenty to work out what's out, and the options for who's releasing it, and since you only need to tag a single episode to follow the whole thing, you really don't need to manually track down all the prev episodes the way you do on nyaa.
See, you said otherwise but I still don't see how this makes any sense unless you're working on the assumption that everyone is familiar with the technical practices of the different sub groups. If it's not that you "need to know exactly what you want", it's that you are already so intimately aware of what a subgroup's releases are like that you can select based on their name alone. Otherwise, what good is showing the name and hiding all other info? I would posit that aside from big names (of which the biggest has just ceased) not many people know much about more than one or two groups, and will need other sources of sub group name. Especially since small new "groups" can crop up often, even for a single series sometimes. Just "!what sub groups exist" isn't enough info to choose which upload you want unless the answer to that is "this one here and literally no others". Of course, you can familiarize yourself with the sub groups available for a series when looking for what you want from a specific series, but why should that be necessary? Even for purely technical details, it's more hassle than it ought to be, and it's not necessarily the case that the first subber you watch will always be so good that you're unwilling to try any other later since the style and quality of translations and typesetting (the actual subs, rather than technical and video info) isn't readily discernable before watching an episode on any site.

As for whether more filtering options are useful, they may not be strictly necessary, but it's certainly handy to have less things to need to scroll through to find the correct one. Especially if you have to use the plus or the info button to find the necessary information to know whether it's the one you want or not.
Tracking down previous episodes is a non-issue in either setup, since nyaa uploads use names that are consistent within the series. Once you've found one episode, the others have the same name apart from episode number, so if you want to filter out everything except the series/uploader/etc combination that you've got, you can search appropriately. In fact, I reckon shana is worse for this too if you're looking for a file directly rather than a RSS subscription, since as I said, there's less ways to filter things, but the difference is small enough to barely matter since the number of different episode releases is a lot less after filtering by subber.

I also see no file type indication whatsoever.
click the + button to the left, and additional information is listed. I even mentioned that button in my post. Note however, that nyaa lacks any sort of indication of file type in their main search listings, so if that's something you care about, shanaproject actually wins on that point.
Nyaa displays the file's name properly, which normally includes the file extension or else specifies filetype in parenthetical. Shana obfuscates that info.

I dunno, maybe your use case and design priorities are just utterly alien to me, because none of your points really make sense to me. If you prefer to use RSS, I see how it's a convenient subscription directory for that purpose, but outside of that, it seems like compared to nyaa the site has reduced usability (obscured information and correspondingly weaker search functionality) in exchange for no significant benefit. Like, grouping releases by series isn't a bad thing, and it's not like grouping by subber is hurting anybody, but for that matter it's not really a benefit of any significance since you could always use series name as a search criterion, and in any case it by no means requires useful information to be hidden.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32476 on: October 13, 2020, 11:39:34 am »

Nyaa displays the file's name properly, which normally includes the file extension or else specifies filetype in parenthetical. Shana obfuscates that info.

how? I'm looking at nyaa right now and it doesn't show file type at all in the search results, unless the uploaded explicitly added that into the title of their post, while shanaproject has the + symbol that reveals the full filename of what you're getting, so that's more information by default than what nyaa is presenting (by default).

Again, this seems contradictory. first you were saying the view isn't filtered and streamlined enough then you're complaining that not enough information is crammed onto the main screen. Sure, hitting the + button is slighty inconvenient, but not when to guarantee that you get the same information on nyaa requires navigating to a different web page. Also, since shows are part of a series, clicking the + button is something you'd literally only do once per show and/or group. For example, clicking the + button on one erai-raws episode pretty much tells you that every erai-raw release for every episode of every show they do is using a specific file type. So complaining that you need to click once to see the file type seems a bit lightweight as a complaint. It's something you'd do only when seeing a new group you weren't familiar with.

Nyaa also has different classes of release colored differently in other ways. Although those classes are fairly arbitrary (and I'm not saying I necessarily like the way they've done it), it still breaks things up visually. This is more a design issue than one of functionality, but it's still an asset

"breaking things up visually" is meaningless from a usability standpoint in this scenario however. Shanaproject only has eng subbed anime on there, so on nyaa you'd click the purple filter to see that same thing, so nothing is actually gained, and the overall effect is that you're saved a few clicks on shanaproject. Sure, it might look nice that there are differently colored things on nyaa, but if you only want things that are one color then it's more a hindrance to usability than anything else. If you can come up with a way that the new releases on shanaproject could be meaningfully color-coded that's not a massive pain in the ass, i'm all ears. Color-coding by quality levels would just be annoying, as the whole thing would become a meaningless jumble of colors.

English-subbed anime, and current. I have a hard time imagining someone being that undiscerning.

the point is that you can look through it and get an idea what shows are being subbed by which groups very easily. To get that information out of nyaa would basically require me to maintain a spreadsheet with all the names of the subbing groups in it, and do multiple custom searches per season to find that out. There is no fast way to see the exact information that's shown on shanaproject on nyaa. Also, many people watch the first few eps of each show that's out in a season. Shanaproject is much more convenient for grabbing the first couple eps of each new show at the start of the season, then the ones you like, you tag them as a follow, and it's smart enough not to download the eps you already got again (tag individual eps at the start then come back for any promising show and tag it as a series). If you're sampling the start of a season before deciding which ones to invest time in, this is a very efficient way to do things.

I don't understand why you think that. Nyaa lists all files with all info that the sub group put into the file name, including filetype and also has a description blurb if you click through, which can be filled by the uploader. It even has comments. I've just found the info button for shana, which I didn't before, but even though there's a "comment" section (not actually a comments section but a description box), it seems like they're lacking in meaningful info on this site, and perhaps also in character limit/formatting options based on what I'm seeing. Even the basic info found in the filename, although it's here, you have to click through rather than just seeing it from the get-go; far less convenient. And under a different domain name for some reason? Far less convenient, if nothing else.

But it's very hard to find fucking anything on nyaa, it's a huge jumble of stuff. That's not convenient. Say I wanted to find all new releases by different sub groups on nyaa. First, I'd click the purple filter, then I'd have to do individual searches by the name of each subbing group, which I would have in my convenient spreadsheet, one by one, then see what they're releasing, click one of the release, then read those very-helpful comments. Maybe there are some special tricks of the search engine in nyaa that could make this more manageable, but even then juggling custom searches to get the same overview on nyaa that's on the front page of shanaproject wouldn't be worth the time.

With shanaproject, I can look at the front page of that, and have a season chart open in another tab / second monitor. I can see the synopses of all the shows on the season chart without even having to click anything, and doing it this way gives me information: what shows are out, who's subbing them, what episode is each group up to. Without even having to click a single thing. Exactly how many custom searches and page jumps would using nyaa to get this same information involve? And even then, track down all the links on nyaa is non-trivial, using an RSS feed on nyaa is non-trivial compared to this alternative. Say i see a show that's up to episode 15 from a prev season that i missed on shanaproject and decide it's worth a look, well that's now 1 click / set and forget. Or what, track down all 15 links on nyaa, and/or deal with crafting a custom RSS link just for that show.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:13:56 pm by Reelya »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32477 on: October 13, 2020, 03:45:21 pm »

how? I'm looking at nyaa right now and it doesn't show file type at all in the search results, unless the uploaded explicitly added that into the title of their post, while shanaproject has the + symbol that reveals the full filename of what you're getting, so that's more information by default than what nyaa is presenting (by default).
Yeah but that's the thing, the uploaders do that. The functionality isn't inherent, but unlike shana it isn't prevented either.

Again, this seems contradictory. first you were saying the view isn't filtered and streamlined enough then you're complaining that not enough information is crammed onto the main screen.
Perhaps I was unclear. I want to filter number of results according to the specific qualities of the result, but I want information about the results to be present. The purpose of filtering is to narrow down the options, ideally all the way to the "best" choice. The purpose of information pertaining to the individual uploads is fundamentally the same, and also is a component of filtration functionality since that info needs to be available to filter by it.

Sure, hitting the + button is slighty inconvenient, but not when to guarantee that you get the same information on nyaa requires navigating to a different web page. Also, since shows are part of a series, clicking the + button is something you'd literally only do once per show and/or group. For example, clicking the + button on one erai-raws episode pretty much tells you that every erai-raw release for every episode of every show they do is using a specific file type. So complaining that you need to click once to see the file type seems a bit lightweight as a complaint. It's something you'd do only when seeing a new group you weren't familiar with.
It's something you'd do once, assuming you remember all the details and don't want to try anything new. On nyaa it's something you do zero times generally, because the uploads consistently have useful names containing all the pertinent information. Clicking through leads to info about the translation practices, release schedule, or whatever, which shana doesn't have at all as far as I can tell.

Nyaa also has different classes of release colored differently in other ways. Although those classes are fairly arbitrary (and I'm not saying I necessarily like the way they've done it), it still breaks things up visually. This is more a design issue than one of functionality, but it's still an asset

"breaking things up visually" is meaningless from a usability standpoint in this scenario however. Shanaproject only has eng subbed anime on there, so on nyaa you'd click the purple filter to see that same thing, so nothing is actually gained, and the overall effect is that you're saved a few clicks on shanaproject. Sure, it might look nice that there are differently colored things on nyaa, but if you only want things that are one color then it's more a hindrance to usability than anything else. If you can come up with a way that the new releases on shanaproject could be meaningfully color-coded that's not a massive pain in the ass, i'm all ears. Color-coding by quality levels would just be annoying, as the whole thing would become a meaningless jumble of colors.
I wasn't talking about the icons, I was talking about the row highlighting. For that matter, the row padding is also quite low on shana. But in this case I'm not saying that what nyaa does is great; I don't think that. Just that it's better than literally nothing when it comes to the visual design and ease of perceiving what's in the list. Mind, this is also not very related to the other points, but functionality isn't the only component of usability. Even if the colors were essentially meaningless (like on nyaa), it would be better than pure homogeneity since at least it's easier for your eyes to track. As far as what to color by... If the core conceit of the design is series·subber then why not just do that? Dynamically assign colors client-side on pageload. Why not?

English-subbed anime, and current. I have a hard time imagining someone being that undiscerning.

the point is that you can look through it and get an idea what shows are being subbed by which groups very easily. To get that information out of nyaa would basically require me to maintain a spreadsheet with all the names of the subbing groups in it, and do multiple custom searches per season to find that out. There is no fast way to see the exact information that's shown on shanaproject on nyaa.
Ah, true. I didn't think of that because I wouldn't have thought of that as important information. To me it seems that it's generally safe to assume that everything is being subbed by somebody, with very few exceptions (usually shows aimed at kids). Therefore, knowing what show you want is a separate question from which release you want. I guess if you're big on being a fan of different sub groups, it makes sense that it could be handy to look things up by group as well as by show... Although I'm not sure how common a use-case is, I would think that at most some folks are fans of a few groups.

Also, many people watch the first few eps of each show that's out in a season. Shanaproject is much more convenient for grabbing the first couple eps of each new show at the start of the season, then the ones you like, you tag them as a follow, and it's smart enough not to download the eps you already got again (tag individual eps at the start then come back for any promising show and tag it as a series). If you're sampling the start of a season before deciding which ones to invest time in, this is a very efficient way to do things.
I would contest that many people do that. I think it's pretty rare, even among people who go for subs instead of just watching on crunchyroll, which seems to be the preference among the younger generation (although I'm inclined to just say they don't know any better, I feel like a grumpy old dude when I do). I can see how it would remove a step if you just want to try everything, though.

But it's very hard to find fucking anything on nyaa, it's a huge jumble of stuff. That's not convenient. Say I wanted to find all new releases by different sub groups on nyaa. First, I'd click the purple filter, then I'd have to do individual searches by the name of each subbing group, which I would have in my convenient spreadsheet, one by one, then see what they're releasing, click one of the release, then read those very-helpful comments. Maybe there are some special tricks of the search engine in nyaa that could make this more manageable, but even then juggling custom searches to get the same overview on nyaa that's on the front page of shanaproject wouldn't be worth the time.
I don't understand why you would want that, though. Isn't the purpose of anime to watch it, not to make spreadsheets about it? I can see being a fan of one or two sub groups, but why would you want to know all the things that all sub groups are doing? It seems like a very niche use case. If you're trying to build up statistics then sure, a relational database is handy. But then I don't see how you'd consider additional filters to not be useful.

With shanaproject, I can look at the front page of that, and have a season chart open in another tab / second monitor. I can see the synopses of all the shows on the season chart without even having to click anything, and doing it this way gives me information: what shows are out, who's subbing them, what episode is each group up to. Without even having to click a single thing. Exactly how many custom searches and page jumps would using nyaa to get this same information involve? And even then, track down all the links on nyaa is non-trivial, using an RSS feed on nyaa is non-trivial compared to this alternative. Say i see a show that's up to episode 15 from a prev season that i missed on shanaproject and decide it's worth a look, well that's now 1 click / set and forget. Or what, track down all 15 links on nyaa, and/or deal with crafting a custom RSS link just for that show.
I actually don't see how the front page of shana is any better for this. It's still just listing a bunch of stuff in an order that is, near as I can tell, basically arbitrary. I think chronological, same as nyaa? So the subber is listed on the right, in its own slot instead of on the left in brackets. But it's still just a big list if you don't use search features, and shana has less to use. I mean, the thing I said about for example only showing the highest quality release per combination of title, episode, and subber would make use of the database format to help with that since it would reduce redundancy. And for that specific purpose, showing only the latest episode would also help. But as far as I can tell, you can't do that; shana is every much just a list of all the uploads and in this regard has no difference from nyaa. And finding the links is also exactly the same as on nyaa: It's there in front of you and you click it. If it's not, you search and then it is. The "track show" can be nice if you want it already downloaded the next time you think of it, but if the stuff's already out, I don't see how it's really any less hassle to set up than just clicking the magnet link for each episode anyway. Which, wait a second. Does Shana not even support magnet links? If you don't do that, I can see why always using the tracker would appeal since that's like three clicks per download as opposed to literally just the one (depending on your torrent client; I use Halite so in my case it's one, set the target folder the first time only, and slap enter). But that's not exactly a point in shana's favor either. Honestly, these advantages you're touting aren't reflected by what I actually see on the site. Like don't get me wrong, it's usable, but outside of the RSS setup (which, yes, that's more convenient compared to nyaa if you prefer to do that) I really don't see these benefits you're describing reflected in the actual site.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32478 on: October 13, 2020, 05:37:27 pm »

Yeah but that's the thing, the uploaders do that. The functionality isn't inherent, but unlike shana it isn't prevented either.

Well I don't think that's really prevented. That information is there on the page, one click, with no page load required (or you can click 'expand all' to show the filenames etc for all entries). Obviously what they've done is listed shows by title instead of filename as the main criteria. This is arguably a reasonable design decision since it declutters what you're looking at and increases the consistency between entries. After all, you really don't care what the filename is, but what the title of the show it is.

It's something you'd do once, assuming you remember all the details and don't want to try anything new. On nyaa it's something you do zero times generally, because the uploads consistently have useful names containing all the pertinent information. Clicking through leads to info about the translation practices, release schedule, or whatever, which shana doesn't have at all as far as I can tell.

It's still less clicks; go to shana then click Expand All and all filenames are visible. That's still less clicks than finding releases from a single sub group in nyaa, and you'd have to do separate searches to find each group in nyaa.

Ah, true. I didn't think of that because I wouldn't have thought of that as important information. To me it seems that it's generally safe to assume that everything is being subbed by somebody, with very few exceptions (usually shows aimed at kids). Therefore, knowing what show you want is a separate question from which release you want. I guess if you're big on being a fan of different sub groups, it makes sense that it could be handy to look things up by group as well as by show... Although I'm not sure how common a use-case is, I would think that at most some folks are fans of a few groups.

Well the point is having a service which consolidates all current subbing groups into one page means it's much faster to find out who's subbing what. For example on discovering HS was no more, i just went to shana, saw that Erai was releasing a lot of shows (deduced that they were doing it the HS way) , looked up some of the titles in a season chart, tagged the ones I like the look of / sequels etc, and now i have my DLs mostly automated until January. Took about 10 minutes total, and I really didn't have to do any real research to adjust to the demise of HS because of this. The fact that it also grabs any backlog automatically is a bonus. I spent less time getting that set up than spent on this conversation.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 07:00:22 pm by Reelya »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32479 on: October 15, 2020, 12:32:44 pm »

Well the point is having a service which consolidates all current subbing groups into one page means it's much faster to find out who's subbing what. For example on discovering HS was no more, i just went to shana, saw that Erai was releasing a lot of shows (deduced that they were doing it the HS way) , looked up some of the titles in a season chart, tagged the ones I like the look of / sequels etc, and now i have my DLs mostly automated until January. Took about 10 minutes total, and I really didn't have to do any real research to adjust to the demise of HS because of this. The fact that it also grabs any backlog automatically is a bonus. I spent less time getting that set up than spent on this conversation.
Is there a page which does that though? I might be missing something. All you specifically mentioned was the home page, which has the same stuff as nyaa. Are you just talking about that it's quicker to perceive when it's all in its own column?

I guess I value the "who's subbing what" information differently than you though; to me the "who" is an additional piece of info on the "what", and not valuable outside of the context of a show that I want to see anyway.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32480 on: October 15, 2020, 01:20:20 pm »

https://fansubdb.com/wiki/Autumn_2020

The point of why it's good to know who is doing what is for shows which aren't in simulcast for example. Then you can go to that link, find the show you want, then go to nyaa, then search for that group, then click the releases, then come back every week to get the next ep manually. So every week you need to do the same searches on nyaa all over again, but you also need to refer to a release schedule so you don't try and get the episodes before they're out, otherwise you just wasted time. If you're watching more than a few shows, this is where I said you'd end up needing to make a spreadsheet or something to keep track of everything if you did it this way. Either way, it's a colossal waste of time.

Or, i can go to shanaproject, just look for the show, and that information is already there. Plus extra information not in fansubdb; HS and Erai aren't listed there because they're not considered true subbing groups, so the above information is deliberately more limited than the actual reality because they've made an executive decision to exclude certain groups who release subbed shows.

In this example, where HS is no more, if I'd relied on manually grabbing stuff from HS each week, then when that ended I'd have ended up cross-referencing multiple sites to work out who's who as a replacement. This would have been considerable work, and I would have missed out on the choice of Erai-raws completely since the fan sub db sites decided to exclude them because reasons.

Using shanaproject was a lot faster, the relevant information was more comprehensive, and it avoided having to click around a ton of pages to work out what's what. Plus, the automation which is the major drawcard: I literally don't know the release schedules of any simulcast shows i've watched in the last 8 years. If the downloads are automated, that's not need-to-know information.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:16:39 pm by Reelya »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32481 on: October 16, 2020, 01:16:59 pm »

I just binged all of My Hero Academia... *whew* it's really good, SURPRISINGLY good--not that I expected it to be bad, it just went plus ultra tbh.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #32482 on: October 24, 2020, 09:05:53 am »

Went to wikipedia to check how bad Kara no Kyoukai anime is. And lo, they are actually praising it at great and anecdotally obtuse length! How long it is? 500 minutes. Holy fucking shit, it's like full lotr movie, isn't it? Almost, lotr is 560. Well, at least they didn't cut anything this time (except some annoying magibabble, wikipedia says). Decided to watch it myself. At second hour i realized that, however great or bad movie is, reading trough whole book will actually be faster. Not Hobbit faster, but faster.  >:( It is, IIRC, rather slim book. Morbidly looking forward to speech 100 man, a fountain of words from chapter 6. If they copied every single thing he says, it will be magnificiently irritating.

I sorta have an axe to grind with the book itself. It's totally ordinary deal when every next book in same series is worse (and usually longer as well) than the previous, but this one managed to degenerate from "masterpiece" to traditional preaching about wonders of clinical pacifism and pink ponies among piles of gore "headdesk" in seven chapters. I didn't even checked out additional ones.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:08:45 am by MCreeper »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32483 on: October 24, 2020, 09:07:40 am »

What? It's like 7 or 8 movies that were released over many years. They're not actually that long. The first one was actually shown in cinemas, runs a total of 50 minutes. Yeah, if you stick all the movies they released together it's a fair bit, but saying it's therefore like LOTR is misleading.

Effectively each one is about the length of an episode of Game of Thrones, so a better comparison would be the length of season 1 of GoT, rather than comparing it to sitting through a series of movies that run between 3.5 to 4 hours each.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:11:38 am by Reelya »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #32484 on: October 24, 2020, 09:11:33 am »

Well, they are many. Well, i may have remembered wrong numbers. But they seem to be around a hour each, so total lenght is still impressive.  :P
EDIT: Damned edit ninjaing.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32485 on: October 24, 2020, 09:13:30 am »

It's not really. Consider it like a 1 hour TV show that they released in cinemas over a few years and the output isn't really that much. 650 minutes is the length of one 26 episode / 25 minute TV show.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #32486 on: October 28, 2020, 04:02:22 pm »

Me during episode 6. Facepalmed when the dog's role turned out to be part of a yet another copypaste. Akiha had schoolmate named Seo Akira. And Azaka haves schoolmate named Seo who haves dog named Akira. Got it?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, the guy is not talkative at all there. Now it's watchable, even more irrelevant to the main plot (hey, i worked with that shady dude few years ago, i'm totally relevant!) and also a loosely connected hodgepodge of "here is a villain, he's totally a villain, we killed the villain, go we!" Not any worse than original, i assure you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32487 on: October 29, 2020, 03:32:36 am »

Started watching Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru and getting fucking pumped at the overwhelming amount of positivity present in the show. It's about exercising, and I'm afraid it's going to brainwash me into actually working out and being healthy. I'm only on episode 4, but I've already listened to the OP thousands of times, holy crap is it so energetic and catchy.

Also I just discovered Iwakakeru, sport climbing girls, and this is a little gem I'm gonna be keeping my eye on. It's all about those rock climbing walls that you might see at high-end gyms, and the our main character is a gaming prodigy girl that is intrigued by the puzzle aspect of the sport and immediately gets into it. Again, very optimistic and positive show that emphasizes the love of the sport. I'll be following this one for sure.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32488 on: November 13, 2020, 10:11:17 pm »

I watched through all of Bubble Gum Crisis (all 3 series), and am onto About to Die Police.

What the fuck even is the second series? The intro, the art, the characters. And why is it "dime-store spike spiegel and background nartuto characters"? The intro to Bubblegum Crash was weird and shitty, but at leas the show fit the theme.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32489 on: November 14, 2020, 07:25:47 am »

Hololive is really the big new thing in the animesphere this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK2WK8gwszg Material Doggo song (terrible but very cute).

Overview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ9mH4YC6MY&ab_channel=Gigguk

To give an idea. here are some Holive Minecraft clips, just from the last few days. Watching this drama unfold by the day gets addictive.

The context is that Pekora built 'Pekodam', then Subaru wanted to match that by building 'Shubangelion', both fuck with each other's builds and other girls fuck with both of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM6I4f0NnAI&t=785s (Pekora fucks with Shubangelion while Subaru is bulding it, sets it on fire (it's wool) and then sounds the alarm about said fire)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTwrbkfVgfQ (Subaru revenge on Pekodam, makes it look like it's doing a shit with a flaming pile of netherrack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wVvmX8SoE0&t=803s (Miko hijacks the unfiished Shubangelion and turns into Mikogelion)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LyIYhxIIMA (Pekora notices the poop prank, gets revenge on Shubangelion)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuLzqbvaih4 (Subaru ultimate revenge on both the other girls)

There's also the whole Pekora and Moona thing, which dates from the ancient history of all of a few weeks ago. The background is that Pekora's been around a while, Moona is new, and Pekora recruited her as a lackey in her Usada Construction Company. The meme is that Moona keeps falling to her death while working for Pekora, so Pekora presented her with a new work uniform including featherfall IV boots (there's a lot more to this 'story' arc, this is just a sample)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgj634mA0UM

Moona wrote a diary in Minecraft, Pekora broke into her house and reads it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQF2h1GKi3A

Moona turns out to be much more amazing at playing Minecraft than her "boss", amazes the othe VTubers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v8ewZu0g78
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:51:22 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 2164 2165 [2166] 2167 2168 ... 2191