Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763265 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32535 on: February 12, 2021, 03:56:10 pm »

Cells At Work Season 2 is finally out on CR, and more importantly, Cells At Work BLACK is coming out alongside it. It's the perfect one-two punch of wholesome & cute utopia, then hopeless & miserable dystopia.

Not just the themes and moods, but the art styles are different too, and they just play off eachother so perfectly. I'm really looking forward to keeping up on both of them.
Would Black just be the Osmosis Jones movie?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32536 on: February 12, 2021, 05:22:05 pm »

Cells At Work Season 2 is finally out on CR, and more importantly, Cells At Work BLACK is coming out alongside it. It's the perfect one-two punch of wholesome & cute utopia, then hopeless & miserable dystopia.

Not just the themes and moods, but the art styles are different too, and they just play off eachother so perfectly. I'm really looking forward to keeping up on both of them.
Would Black just be the Osmosis Jones movie?

It would be like Osmosis Jones x Grave of the Fireflies. That's a little hyperbolistic on my part, but it's not far off.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32537 on: March 08, 2021, 09:42:53 pm »

Yo I watched that Demon Slayer thing on Netflix and that was super enjoyable.

No wait except for
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 09:48:38 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32538 on: March 14, 2021, 09:27:48 am »

I've been watching Jujutsu Kaisen, and while I love me a good shonen I've been very reluctant to recommend it. Something has always just felt a little 'off' about it, disqualifying it from serious recommendation. One of the latest episodes: "Jujutsu Koshien" has convinced me though, this is a really great show with a lot of thought put into it.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32539 on: April 21, 2021, 05:32:44 am »

Hello, I'm looking for some anime recommendations, to be honest I haven't watched that many titles, most of them I didn't like or dropped partway through for other reasons, the ones I really liked are JoJo, Madoka Magica, Kaiji. Preferably I'm after shorter titles, 23-26 episodes at most, 12 would be ideal. In terms of genre and theme it can be anything but sports I think, though experimentally it was established that I'm into action/drama/thriller, but other kinds of shows are also welcome (except sports!). It doesn't matter whether it's an older or recent title provided it is good and not too long (I doubt I would be able to stomach 200-300 eps of Gintama for example) and not a sports anime.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32540 on: April 21, 2021, 06:59:38 am »

Ergo Proxy! But skip the Beatnick Library episode ;)
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32541 on: April 21, 2021, 04:33:24 pm »

Hello, I'm looking for some anime recommendations, to be honest I haven't watched that many titles, most of them I didn't like or dropped partway through for other reasons, the ones I really liked are JoJo, Madoka Magica, Kaiji. Preferably I'm after shorter titles, 23-26 episodes at most, 12 would be ideal. In terms of genre and theme it can be anything but sports I think, though experimentally it was established that I'm into action/drama/thriller, but other kinds of shows are also welcome (except sports!). It doesn't matter whether it's an older or recent title provided it is good and not too long (I doubt I would be able to stomach 200-300 eps of Gintama for example) and not a sports anime.

If you like Madoka, maybe Evangelion?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32542 on: April 21, 2021, 04:52:25 pm »

Just go for tried and true Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no yaiba.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32543 on: April 21, 2021, 06:20:39 pm »

If you like Madoka, maybe Evangelion?

Psycho-pass Season 1 is another work made by the same creator. Don't watch any other stuff in the franchise.

Baccano is a fun story about a train robbery, loaded with interesting characters. The first episode is a mess unfortunately, but it picks up right after episode 2.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 06:22:37 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32544 on: April 21, 2021, 08:04:28 pm »

Yo I watched that Demon Slayer thing on Netflix and that was super enjoyable.

No wait except for
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've been following the manga up to ~Vol. 14 and he gets better.

That's one thing it definitely has going for it, even the relatively short-lived characters have at least a decent stab at rounded characterization. Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanae, and who knows how many others start off looking like one-notes. Zenitsu and Inosuke, I think, take longer to develop because they get a lot of screentime and aren't slated to get killed off a few chapters after being introduced so there's less pressure to peel away layers immediately.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32545 on: April 21, 2021, 11:33:14 pm »

Psycho-pass Season 1 is another work made by the same creator. Don't watch any other stuff in the franchise.

Yeah, S1 was really good... :/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32546 on: April 22, 2021, 03:34:50 am »

By the same creator as Magica or Evangelion? Or wait, is it all just one creator? xD

I personally enjoyed Madoka because it's... I dunno the words, let's go with "self-contrasting atmosphere" but I thoroughly disenjoyed Evangelion.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32547 on: April 22, 2021, 01:08:01 pm »

No, Magica. Evangelion is a very different guy LOL.

You might like Shin Godzilla (not animu, but Eva dude) because it brings out a lot of the hilarity of Eva without being so depressing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32548 on: April 22, 2021, 01:13:22 pm »

No, Magica. Evangelion is a very different guy LOL.

Yeah I had hoped so, they're very different in feeling, I just didn't want to risk coming off as a fool ;)
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32549 on: April 26, 2021, 01:25:10 am »

I think my taste has been steadily getting worse. These days I'm consuming huge amounts of isekai shlock.
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 ... 2191