Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763433 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2008, 12:57:48 am »

Did Fisherman just Retcon himself?

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2008, 06:00:30 am »

well the ones i really enjoy are, evangelion, death note, houshin engi (a bit old some of you migth not know it, but if you like mythology this one is certainly for you, the guy can fight but usually figures his ways out and is also quite funny)also it was caled soul hunter wich is the name some of you might know it if you watched the anime, full metal alchemist, gantz, hunter x hunter, one piece and naruto (though the latest 2 i dont really consider them GOOD as the others, i love the character designin one piece and well naruto is just entertaining but i find the others i mentioned there have a value as a comic or show anywhere and that it isnt just meanless fighting, while naruto and one piece is kind of... too comercial...)

still i always like manga more than anime, oh and dont forget dragon ball! wich is now geting killed by the movie, wich by advance we can all tell it will SUCK

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2008, 07:19:22 am »

...oh and dont forget dragon ball! wich is now geting killed by the movie, wich by advance we can all tell it will SUCK

Well DBZ sucks hard anyways. I can't see why people likes it.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2008, 09:31:54 am »

...oh and dont forget dragon ball! wich is now geting killed by the movie, wich by advance we can all tell it will SUCK

It was entertaining before the whole Cell thing.
I used to love it when I was young.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2008, 11:41:43 am »

To be honest, i don't know any anime whith over 100 episodes that is actually good, mediocre at best and usually just tedious.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2008, 11:55:10 am »

I hardly watch television at all, and I never watch Western cartoons, let alone Japanese cartoons, so I suppose the answer is "no".

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2008, 01:21:16 pm »

To be honest, i don't know any anime whith over 100 episodes that is actually good, mediocre at best and usually just tedious.

have you seen ranma 1/2? and not ecxatly 100 episodes but daa daa daa. and in seperate sesaons zero no tsukanima (spelling) (also called familiar of zero)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2008, 01:55:25 pm »

Ranma bored me fast and all three sessons of Zero no tsukaima is 36 episodes, mediocre but amusing

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2008, 02:14:05 pm »

It was entertaining before the whole Cell thing.
I used to love it when I was young.

DBZ was crappy but dragon ball was great, the first one , the one akira toriyama really made, dragon ball z and Gt where agains toriyama's intention at the point that he refused to draw on GT

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2008, 03:43:57 pm »

Spice and Wolf made me angry... I regret every watching it! though it wasn't as disapointing as Fruit Basket
What about it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, Spice and Wolf was originally a novel. A multibook novel. Including 9 volumes. The anime only covered the first 2 volumes.  They still have 7 volumes to go. That's 3 seasons and a movie. You can't expect it to answer all of your questions.
Volume 3 of the novel has been translated if you want to read it. As well as about 60% of volume 4. They both contain a lot of filler but are still a good read. Kind of exciting. Here is the site I've been reading it from:
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index.php?title=Spice

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2008, 03:46:48 pm »

DBZ LIVE ACTION OMIGOSH

It looks genuinely horrible.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2008, 04:40:28 pm »

They both contain a lot of filler but are still a good read.

Define filler.
Filler as in no character/plot development random episodes that is forgotten and never mentioned, referred to and completly forgotten by the characters in the filler episode?(*cough*naruto*cough*)
Or simply tellng the story of the characters everyday life and where they learn something if the oppertunity arises?

DBZ LIVE ACTION OMIGOSH

It looks genuinely horrible.
This made me laugh and then shiver in horror.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2008, 04:58:37 pm »

Doesn't quite matter to me the differences between the Manga and the Anime...

The Manga doesn't make a bad anime good
A Great Manga doesn't make a good anime bad

I like Full Moon Wo Sagashite despite the fact that it has HUGE differences between the manga and the anime (in fact I think it is for the best)

I hate Inuyasha because it ran on too long and never gave us a REAL ending because the Manga didn't end yet... (or that is what they say)

Honestly I don't care WHAT happens in the Manga... if the Anime ends it better have the ending! It isn't rocket science here...

People are odd in the sense that some people are too overly concerned about the Anime following the Manga... while I (who am a person) could care less and in fact encourage stark raving differences between the two. Unfortunately a lot of Manga writers also don't agree with me and sometimes even prefer the Anime go down the gutter following it too closely then actually making an anime that is good as an anime. Me: "When is the filler over?" Artist: "When I write the next chapter" Me: "Why can't they just go out and kill the last boss?" Artist: "I havn't got that far yet" Me: "So?" Artist: "It didn't happen in the Manga" Me: "This is the Anime" Artist: "EXACTLY!!!" Me: "WHAT!?!"

I am pretty Jaded... I guess I don't have enough experiences with Animes that ended up being horrible by not following the anime

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2008, 05:33:46 pm »

Gantz is a good example where the anime would have been better off following the manga.
They wanted to end the anime by episode 24 and they made up the ending and a few episodes before, completly deviating from the manga. Problem is that thats when the manga starts to get really good in my opinion.

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2008, 06:02:09 pm »

Doesn't quite matter to me the differences between the Manga and the Anime...

The Manga doesn't make a bad anime good
A Great Manga doesn't make a good anime bad

I like Full Moon Wo Sagashite despite the fact that it has HUGE differences between the manga and the anime (in fact I think it is for the best)

I hate Inuyasha because it ran on too long and never gave us a REAL ending because the Manga didn't end yet... (or that is what they say)

Honestly I don't care WHAT happens in the Manga... if the Anime ends it better have the ending! It isn't rocket science here...

People are odd in the sense that some people are too overly concerned about the Anime following the Manga... while I (who am a person) could care less and in fact encourage stark raving differences between the two. Unfortunately a lot of Manga writers also don't agree with me and sometimes even prefer the Anime go down the gutter following it too closely then actually making an anime that is good as an anime. Me: "When is the filler over?" Artist: "When I write the next chapter" Me: "Why can't they just go out and kill the last boss?" Artist: "I havn't got that far yet" Me: "So?" Artist: "It didn't happen in the Manga" Me: "This is the Anime" Artist: "EXACTLY!!!" Me: "WHAT!?!"

I am pretty Jaded... I guess I don't have enough experiences with Animes that ended up being horrible by not following the anime

i agree with you the thing is , normally it goes on one of these ways:

1)a great manga is out, an anime is made wich is looking nearly the same only that adding fillers so its longer

2) a great anime is out and then a shitty manga comes out just for selling

3) and this is the rare one, either a manga is made with a good anime, or an anime is made with a good manga, a good example of the latest would be evangelion and a good example of the first one would be (in my opinion) full metal alchemist, wich (while i like the manga more) are both great

as for the live action, yeah it looks horrible, goku is neo, piccoro look like a combination between hellraiser and hellboy , roshin is suddently young and no turtle , bulma has a transformer... jesus can someone kill me?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 2191