Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2804281 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7740 on: June 09, 2011, 01:08:06 pm »

I'm pretty much caught up in the Railgun manga as well.  Both are around the same length of like 40-45 chapters currently and I honestly can't wait for new releases.  I might check out the anime if I have time to.  72 episodes is a lot to watch though.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: June 09, 2011, 01:28:31 pm »

According to people who love the novels, JCStaff were doing business as usual and really made an arse of the anime adaptation. I don't like shonen fighting shows, yet I watched all 3 while they were airing (because why not, its not like I have anything better to do). Index and it's sequel either annoyed me or bored the shit out of me each week, but Railgun was fairly decent for me because it focused on the girls which was the only reason I was watching the whole thing in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:30:21 pm by tehc »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: June 09, 2011, 04:54:54 pm »

Finished Darker than Black: Twins of the Meteor.
Not quite the ending I was expecting.

Nevertheless, it was a worthy sequel.
I enjoyed the continious plot. That's a lot better than the disconnected episodes from the first season, in my opinion.
The new Mao required some getting used to, though.

Time for the OVAs, I guess.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: June 09, 2011, 05:12:04 pm »

I think that was my favorite part about season 2, continuous plot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: June 09, 2011, 05:15:03 pm »

*puts on my list of cool stuff to do when I'm home*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: June 09, 2011, 06:03:39 pm »

Finished reading Seven Oceans.

I like the concept, and it was pretty good. Except the ending. The author allegedly got pretty sick and wanted to finish the manga in case he died, so the ending is a huge cliffhanger and horrible, and just as the plot was getting good.

Also, tons of fanservice. Like seriously. Worse than HSOD. If you read chapter...whichever one is about the unknown sea creatures, then you will see what I mean.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: June 10, 2011, 12:56:17 am »

Eden: It's an Endless World

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Wikipedia
Eden: It's an Endless World! is a manga by Hiroki Endo, published monthly in the magazine Afternoon. It is published in the United States by Dark Horse Comics, in the United Kingdom by Titan Books, and in Germany by Egmont Manga & Anime. Eden is set in the near future, following a pandemic called closure virus which killed 15 percent of the world's population, crippled or disfigured many more, and upset the world's political balance greatly. Eden is to some extent based on Gnostic mythology, with some characters, such as Ennoia, being named after Gnostic entities, and other Gnostic influences being seen in the themes of the ongoing story.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: June 10, 2011, 04:21:31 pm »

Darker Than Black Gaiden finished.
Interesting new twist, however still no satisfying ending.
Aside from that the whole series is well rounded.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:24:13 pm by Mindmaker »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: June 10, 2011, 04:28:20 pm »

If you're interested here's the link for info about the alternative storyline manga version.  It's only 33 chapters long.  Simple Scans did a really great job with it.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: June 10, 2011, 04:39:22 pm »

Alternative storyline you say? With a more satifying ending?

I'll look into it tomorrow.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: June 10, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »

Bluh bluh more boobs everywhere

asdkjkasldj
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: June 10, 2011, 09:02:40 pm »

It's hard to tell if you're enjoying the show or not.

I was misled by claims that it was a super serious zombie anime.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: June 10, 2011, 09:38:13 pm »

That's the thing.

I DON'T KNOW AAGH

One one hand, there's too much fanservice. Jiggling boobs, both zombie (squick) and not (squick due to TOO MUCH) are prevalent, and at times I have to pause the player and take a short break. If I didn't, I'd expect that I'd claw my eyes out.

On the other, it has the makings of what could be a good anime. The characters often realize "holy fuck what the hell is happening to us" and I like that they're watching as they cope with the sudden changes foisted upon them.

There's also the awesome action scenes. As a gun enthusiast and whatnot, I find all the guns to be more attractive then the women. I do like myself a nice gun (or a dozen).

I'd seriously like it wholeheartedly if they cut down on the fanservice and had more of the brainy bits (both of zombie-bashing and introspection), but that's just me.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: June 10, 2011, 09:42:23 pm »

There's definitely other horror series out there with something you're more looking for.  If you really have to take breaks while watching an episode you should reconsider your interests.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: June 10, 2011, 09:49:07 pm »

NO

I MUST FINISH IT

MY BULLHEADED IDIOT SIDE DEMANDS IT

DEMANDS IT
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 2191