Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2801911 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7770 on: June 11, 2011, 09:16:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Uh... you must've missed at least Tatorigashi (arc 3), Minagoroshi (arc 7) and whatever the last one is (arc 8).  The structure is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...You can probably work out what you're missing from that, although if you're missing the last 2 arcs you obviously won't have any idea how it all ends.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:19:47 pm by Leafsnail »

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: June 11, 2011, 09:36:12 pm »

Now I know what I'm gonna go look up tonight, it'll be good to finally finish that series.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #7772 on: June 11, 2011, 11:35:30 pm »

Well it got my attention, since I haven't seen any interesting anime with sorcerers and mages yet.

You definitely need to watch Slayers. That and Mahou Sensei Negima have pretty rich worlds in terms of magic (though Negima has ridiculous amounts of harem fanservice, so you'll need to tread carefully). Slayers doesn't really have that, but the magic system is pretty cool, and it's highly rated. Try also the Strait Jacket OVA, which has a somewhat unique approach and with the invention of sorcery, technology is closer to steampunk levels.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: June 12, 2011, 11:51:04 am »

I 100% recommend Slayers.  It's a bit old, and the first season is a little meh, but the second season alone makes Slayers amazing to this day.  Third and fourth seasons after that aren't all that good.  But it's like the Matrix, and other things that had not so great sequels.  The first two seasons are awesome enough to stand on their own.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: June 12, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »

Yeah, Slayers was fun. It's a bit silly at points, but it's a good kind of silly.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: June 12, 2011, 07:42:18 pm »

One of the anime I plan to watch next season is 'Morita-san wa Mukuchi'. I checked online to find some info about it, and this is what I got:

Morita Mayu, a high school girl. She is extremely reticent and her silence and habit of looking at people's eyes straightly sometimes cause misunderstanding. The reason behind it is not because she doesn’t like to talk nor because she has nothing to say. The reason she rarely speaks is due to the fact she thinks too much before speaking, thus losing the timing to speak altogether.

I thought that sounded completely adorable, so I was very pleased to find out it got an OVA two months ago that must of slipped under my radar. I just about died from moe watching said OVA. Mayu is beyond adorable, the OVA largely focused on her thoughts, and it was really well done in my opinion. She's voiced (her thoughts are voiced) by Hanazawa Kana, with the same style of voice as Kanade in Angel Beats or Sora in Sketchbook, and she fits perfectly.

As an enormous fan of slice of life and moe anime, i'm anticipating the shit out of the next season. More Natsume and a proper iDOLM@STER adaptation, that will do just fine.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:11:41 pm by tehc »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: June 12, 2011, 07:44:24 pm »

Thanks for the rec, I do need to watch more 'light' anime that don't involve too much heavy stuff. I need a dose of the warm and fluffy shit, you know what I mean?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: June 12, 2011, 08:14:17 pm »

Thanks for the rec, I do need to watch more 'light' anime that don't involve too much heavy stuff. I need a dose of the warm and fluffy shit, you know what I mean?

Shugo Chara!
I find it has the perfect amount of happy-joyful-ness and fighting for my tastes..(well, the fights could be longer. They are pretty much just thrown in at the end, and involve people shouting about hearts and unlocking.)

But yeah, Shugo Chara is awesome, and I love it. If not for anything else than for episode 4. ("Do you like English? NO! I hate English!")
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: June 12, 2011, 09:48:47 pm »

Right, I'll take a look after I recover from my last depressing marathon.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: June 12, 2011, 11:12:43 pm »

There is no 'after' once you've read Saikano.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: June 12, 2011, 11:17:40 pm »

You could replace the word "anime" for heroin and the sentence would be about the same.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: June 13, 2011, 12:44:37 am »

K-ON!! and Azumanga Daioh work too.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: June 13, 2011, 12:55:04 am »

There is no 'after' once you've read Saikano.
I know

Also, yeah, yeah I will look into those animes. Thankee, Patchouli.

Just go let me dry my tears, I just finished RDR's epilogue ;-;
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: June 13, 2011, 11:18:03 am »

If you want something pretty light, you could also try Korewa Zombie Desuka!? or Tenchi Muyo. They are pretty light and include a good bit of comedy at times (my apologies if I've already recc'd these, I forget everything that I've posted in this thread, lol). Maybe something like Lucky Star might be a better fit, since the other two are pretty harem-ish.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: June 13, 2011, 01:44:28 pm »

So yeah, wow, I just finished Giant Robo. This has to be one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, and considering my frequent indulging in Miyazaki works, that is saying alot.

It's about 7 episodes long, with each episode spanning anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour, but damn does it fill alot into that time frame. It's about a fictional world of the future, where something called Shizuma Drives have replaced all other forms of energy, being cheap, compact, versatile, reusable, and completely non-polluting, there is literally nothing that doesn't use a shizuma drive.

The story focuses on the IPO (Internation Police Organization), with it's elite squad of "Experts of Justice" as they fight against the secret organization "Big Fire" and it's own elite squad, the Magnificent Ten, who's ultimate objective is world domination. Also, in this world of the future, all the most competent people in the world possess super powers for some never explained reason, as well as giant robots, which include the titular robot, Giant Robo, IPO's strongest weapon.

I don't want to spoil anything beyond that, but trust me that this is an amazing anime, brilliantly made, full of incredible characters in amazing situations being completely awesome. I'm going to have to assert Giant Robo as an anime essential that everyone should watch.

It actually took me years to find this one, and I'm surprised it hasn't garnered more popularity than it has.

Also, as both a note and an ironic twist, the non-canonical side-series, Ginrei Gaiden, is surprisingly lame, being one-shot silly stories involving the characters from Giant Robo.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 2191