Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2797375 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8445 on: July 24, 2011, 07:33:26 pm »

Because Strike Witches is about pantsu and military plane references.
I used to have a nice chart I picked up on /k/ showing the girls next to the plane they're based off of, but alas...
Seriously though, there's not really any other reason to watch it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: July 24, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »

Those summaries cracked me up, toony. Although that may be in part due to sleep deprivation.
And if you think that Berserker is freaking strong, I wonder what you'd think of Mr. "My Sword Can Blow Up The Earth".
I was sleep deprived writing that and you can probably tell because I just couldn't concentrate the entire time.  Anyway, I'll play 2/8 tonight, aw yeah.

Also worth noting; I started some fancase of Ace Attorney finally called like Mysterious Sirens and Turnabout and so far so good?  It better get better.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: July 24, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »

Those summaries cracked me up, toony. Although that may be in part due to sleep deprivation.
And if you think that Berserker is freaking strong, I wonder what you'd think of Mr. "My Sword Can Blow Up The Earth".
I was sleep deprived writing that and you can probably tell because I just couldn't concentrate the entire time.  Anyway, I'll play 2/8 tonight, aw yeah.

Also worth noting; I started some fancase of Ace Attorney finally called like Mysterious Sirens and Turnabout and so far so good?  It better get better.
Sleep deprivation makes things funnier. I don't watch Sacred Seven, but this image always cracks me up too:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: July 24, 2011, 08:07:20 pm »

Is Sacred Seven good?  From what I've heard it's really bland.

EDIT:
One phone call has made 2/8 of Fate/stay night really really really awesome.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:53:07 pm by ToonyMan »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: July 24, 2011, 10:11:47 pm »

Just watched ep1 of Strike Witches. Main issue - Why nobody's invented pants in this universe? Default panty-shots in every scene is a bit off putting to say the least. A skirt or something would have been sexier.
There are pants, just not girl's pants. As for the reason (besides the planes), I'd thought it was because pants would get stuck in the Striker Unit, or it would just not fit with pants on. And then everyone would not wear pants so they wouldn't immediately stick out in public (or for fashion, or something)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: July 24, 2011, 10:23:30 pm »

Yeah Tiger & Bunny looks pretty cool and I don't know at the same time.  The main character's fashion sense looks great though, Godot man.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: July 24, 2011, 10:31:37 pm »

Well continuing the Lost Canvas

Despite everyone I said I actually sort of like the anime. It isn't amazing but it suffers from one thing in that for an action series it lacks action.

Ok guys I have to ask.

What is it called when a fight is done in such a way that it is like the characters involved are taking turns?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: July 24, 2011, 10:51:45 pm »

What is it called when a fight is done in such a way that it is like the characters involved are taking turns?
The correct term is "D-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!", isn't it?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: July 24, 2011, 10:59:16 pm »

Sounds more like a battle game, yeah.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: July 24, 2011, 11:02:06 pm »

I don't mean a literal turn order

I mean when the battle seems to be composed almost ENTIRELY of two people on two sides of the battlefield decided to do one move on eachother in almost turns.

It is what makes Lost Canvas boring a lot of the time.

Also I can't continue lost canvas dang. My source stopped giving their stuff away for free (they were legal too) likely I was part of a Trial.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:53:48 pm by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: July 25, 2011, 12:11:50 am »

Finished 2/8 of Fate/stay night.
What an awesome day.
Also, Shinji screams like a girl.  ひいいいいいいいいいいいいいー

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: July 25, 2011, 03:40:19 am »

Shiki BD Special episode 21.5 just got released, marking the very last of the show. Just like the other special and the rest of the show in general, it was very dramatic, and very creepy.

This scene in particular, from the new special:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:03:05 am by tehc »

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: July 25, 2011, 07:59:01 am »

I have all the sympathies for Shinji.  ;_;
......Remember this statement........thou must etch thy own words deep upon thy heart....

Anywho, started watching Umineko. 1st act was interesting enough...then it got...weird in the 2nd act, with all the red text of truth & "mystery simulations" which confused me a bit to what they're trying accomplish/establish. Gonna' continue anyway since I'm invested already but will it get more "interesting" along the way?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: July 25, 2011, 01:21:37 pm »

I have all the sympathies for Shinji.  ;_;
......Remember this statement........thou must etch thy own words deep upon thy heart....
Oh no.  :[

Anywho, started watching Umineko. 1st act was interesting enough...then it got...weird in the 2nd act, with all the red text of truth & "mystery simulations" which confused me a bit to what they're trying accomplish/establish. Gonna' continue anyway since I'm invested already but will it get more "interesting" along the way?
Hahaha
hahahaaa

haaaa, uhhhhhhhhhhhh

maybe

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: July 26, 2011, 01:44:29 am »

Finished 2/9 of Fate/stay night.
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 2191