Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763560 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8475 on: July 26, 2011, 04:14:22 pm »

Magic Knights Rayearth, Kami-chama Karin, DN Angel.

I was reading Ranma 1/2 in fourth or fifth grade, though, and Saikano in middle school--so take everything I have to say with lots of salt.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8476 on: July 26, 2011, 04:40:24 pm »

i'd suggest bakuman, love so life, hayate the combat butler (despite the name it's not really violent at all), yotsubato, usagi drop, addicted to curry. kuroko no basket, saijou no meiji has no violence nor sexual, but it IS a manga about a surgeon so it's kind of "operations" centered. and might not be the case.
this are not the best one i would suggest, but out of all those i know these are the most "no sexual nor violence".

there might be the usual *guy ends up by mistake getting slapped/or similar. but many of these should be safe.
there was also one about a japanese boy who wishes to make japan's bread...can't recall the name though.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: July 26, 2011, 04:55:26 pm »

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll take a look at those.

Also, Hetalia continues to be funny and awesome.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: July 26, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »

Well, me and ToonyMan just watched the 14th Conan movie and associated OVA.  I quite enjoyed it (and it had Kaitou in which is a bonus) but

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: July 26, 2011, 06:51:28 pm »

Spoiler: I can out spoiler you (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: July 26, 2011, 07:26:43 pm »

I started playing Higurashi: When they Cry. Not to the interesting part yet, only played for a tiny bit.

Pretty sure I watched at least a few episodes of the anime, don't remember it very well except for the basic plot, however.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: July 26, 2011, 07:33:48 pm »

I started playing Higurashi: When they Cry. Not to the interesting part yet, only played for a tiny bit.
Pretty sure I watched at least a few episodes of the anime, don't remember it very well except for the basic plot, however.
Like...the actual games?  Hiiiii.  Yeah the beginning of most games is pretty much just filled with happy playfulness.  The anime pretty much cuts the entire beginning to two episodes before you even see Tomitake.  Try Umineko neeeeext.  Although all 8 Higurashi games will take you a few weeks.

G-god d-dammit, Steins;Gate.
Why do you do this to me.. ; _ ;
Raspberyl!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: July 26, 2011, 07:59:18 pm »

Raspberyl!
No, Toony, Steins;Gate!
Get your shit together, man!
I'll probably start later.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: July 26, 2011, 08:12:17 pm »

Like...the actual games?  Hiiiii.  Yeah the beginning of most games is pretty much just filled with happy playfulness.  The anime pretty much cuts the entire beginning to two episodes before you even see Tomitake.  Try Umineko neeeeext.  Although all 8 Higurashi games will take you a few weeks.

And Steins;Gate is pretty good so far, haven't gotten to the time travelling parts yet, though.
Yup. And I'll take a look at Umineko.
Didn't know that the beginning was so much longer in the VN, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: July 26, 2011, 08:20:03 pm »

I'll probably start later.
Disgusting Windows XP default theme? Why would I wan-.. Ooh. :P
Awesome! :3
Expect it to pick up a bit slowly, though.
Well.  I used a few custom themes before but I never really had any interest with them.  I also like large, clear font and the default theme doesn't really bother me at all so I always find myself using it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: July 26, 2011, 08:54:05 pm »

Sacred Seven's opening theme swapped for Ridin'. Hilarity ensues.
This is ridiculously well timed. I had to look up the original to see if it'd been cut to fit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: July 26, 2011, 08:57:36 pm »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: July 26, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

Code Geass is awesome.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: July 26, 2011, 09:38:22 pm »

I used to watch Anime, but not as much. Pretty much the 3 biggest ones for me were Bleach, Blood+ and Ghost in the Shell.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:19 pm »

Paradox Blue is pretty good.  I just finished volume one.  I might start the next day of Fate/stay night later.

EDIT:
Right, caught up in Paradox Blue now.  Stage.4 was awesome.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:12:07 am by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 2191