Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2804392 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8505 on: July 27, 2011, 08:02:32 pm »

My anime list when I was eleven was Ghost in the Shell, Elfen Lied, Death Note, and Evangelion~

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: July 27, 2011, 08:56:39 pm »

That explains a lot.

Just kidding.

* Acanthus117 playfully punches ein on the shoulder, and recoils as his hand is melted off.

Anyways, Code Geass is pretty cool, but I'm gonna go watch GiTS now.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: July 27, 2011, 09:19:32 pm »

I grew up on none of this and none of my family besides my brother has any interest (but he's pretty shounen-y anyway).  In any case, I'm technically done with 2/10 of Fate/Stay night however the calendar tick hasn't happened yet so I won't be saying anything until I see the calendar tick.  Let's just say this day has had the biggest things happen in the plot since I started playing.

Also, I downloaded all of Ergo Proxy.  I'll start that after I finish AnoHana which I only have like three episodes left in?  Ergo Proxy looks good anyway.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: July 27, 2011, 10:13:10 pm »

Mermaid Forest is about flesh-eating mermaids.
Wait, what?

InuYasha is far too heavy on the blood, gore, and monsters.  I figure that if it's got detailed pictures of intestines coming out of people it's probably not suitable for little kids.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't go with InuYasha from what I've seen of it..

My anime list when I was eleven was Ghost in the Shell, Elfen Lied, Death Note, and Evangelion~
I am pretty sure I watched the Higurashi anime around that time, though I don't remember it too much. All I remember is that it's FREAKY SCARY....but I was young at the time so I'll have to see how it is this time. Gonna watch the anime again once I play the games.

And the first episode of Ergo Proxy was very good, I enjoyed it much more than I expected I would but I got distracted by Nichijou and Beelzebub, so I haven't gone back to it yet.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: July 27, 2011, 10:19:52 pm »

I found Higurashi a lot more exciting than scary, especially the last three games.  Yeah, the first five games have some pretty creepy/gruesome scenes but the last three games are just awesome.  Although Umineko was even more exciting than Higurashi since Umineko starts getting awesome by the second game with only the first two or three games being that creepy.  Anyway, I think I'm reading the best scene ever so far in Fate/Stay night.  When will this day end?!  It will never eeeeeend.  Endless Nine Endless Nine Endless Nine
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:21:49 pm by ToonyMan »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #8510 on: July 27, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »

Win.
Synonyms: ein.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: July 27, 2011, 11:25:23 pm »

InuYasha is far too heavy on the blood, gore, and monsters.  I figure that if it's got detailed pictures of intestines coming out of people it's probably not suitable for little kids.

Thx for the reviews, well I'm wondering what her latest one Rin-Ne is like, I'll read it a bit later coz I'm watching some classy ;) "Strike witches" right this minute (Geez SW Ep 7 was "enlightening". I thought Macross F. ep 8 was bad enough. This is about 20 times the fan service levels I'm used to)

EDIT: Gave Rin-Ne a quick look (this was the main series I had in mind originally. BTW didn't realize the nudity was WORSE in the print Ranma series than the anime, sort of assumed the opposite) Rin-Ne seems kid safe, so far in the first 38 pages. Someone got swallowed by a giant Chihuahua (he was OK though). No blood or guts or nudity so far ;) But that giant Chihuahua has some sharp looking teeth, and he looks mad.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:43:27 am by Reelyanoob »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: July 27, 2011, 11:45:19 pm »

Listening to "Eyes on Me" makes me want to watch a musical anime.

Can anyone think of any?

I've seen Mermaid Melody (I liked it a lot sadly) and Fullmoon Wo Sagashite (My favorite anime of all time) but I havn't seen any others.

I don't want to see Lucky Star... its glowing reviews have made it rather intimidating to approach.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: July 28, 2011, 12:06:36 am »

Macross Frontier (26 eps), Plus (4 eps) and to some degree Zero (5 eps) and 7 (49+ eps) are the only really "musical" anime's I've seen. Frontier & Plus were mainly scored by Yoko Kanno / J-Pop style music. Pretty good songs. Frontier has a main plot-line about two rival singers. A Macross series always has - love triangle, singers, transformable jet-fighter/robot pilots (the guy who created the mecha helped invent the original Transformers toy line, <known as diaclone in Japan>, and the original Macross anime pre-dates the transformers anime by several years). The love triangle will usually be between at least 1 pilot and 1 singer.

Macross Frontier is the most recent series, and did the best job of fusing the music with the action scenes (some battles seem like epic music video clips). Macross Plus and Macross Zero have a few nice songs, but they're very short series (each named Macross series is a stand-alone story with unique characters and setting, though within a single unified time-line)

Some samples of Macross Frontier Music:

OP Theme #2 (later part of series)
Northern Cross
Diamond Crevasse (Ahhh this one made me tear up a bit. No spolizerz, I'll just say "Episode 20" :'( )

Macross 7 is J-Rock. it's mainly about a rock band who fight space vampires with the power of rock (and have Mecha with guitar-shaped interfaces), for over 50 episodes D: Haven't sat through much of that one myself though. The fictitious band Fire Bomber got pretty popular in Japan for real after this show in the early 90's.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:30:32 am by Reelyanoob »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: July 28, 2011, 01:07:08 am »

Finished 2/10 of Fate/stay night.
I have about 47 hours of playtime now, that's a lot.  I probably would have explained this better but I'm tired zzzzzz
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:09:02 am by ToonyMan »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: July 28, 2011, 01:10:11 am »

The magical semen thing cracked me up.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: July 28, 2011, 06:21:59 am »

The magical semen thing cracked me up.
In the Nasuverse, another term for sex is "Mana Transfer"...

Just watched some Mawaru Penguindrum. Three words came to mind...Penguin Powered Necromancy.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: July 29, 2011, 02:03:44 am »

Finished 2/12 of Fate/stay night.  Apparently 2/11 was completely wasted, hah.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: July 29, 2011, 08:32:04 am »

Last night's Mawaru Penguindrum was filled to the brim with QUALITY. I guess Brain's Base have their hands full doing 3 shows in one season. The amount of budget blown on that extremely well animated transformation in episode 1 probably didn't help. I like the style of the show, it's got a serious undertone but it's delivered in a way that doesn't take itself seriously. It has some funny moments too.

Also, last night's iDOLM@STER was surprisingly sad. It's getting better and better with every episode. Out of the 26 airing shows i'm watching, it's probably my favorite.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:05:06 pm by tehc »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: July 29, 2011, 02:08:58 pm »

So I watched the first episode of Mawaru Penguindrum.

What the hell did I just watch?
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 2191