Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763968 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7710 on: June 05, 2011, 01:51:33 am »

Yes.  Watch Season 1, 2 and the OVAs.  Also read the Shikkoku no Hana manga series if you need more.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: June 05, 2011, 10:29:44 am »

Hmm... That demonbane VN sounds interesting.
It definitely is. Maybe a bit ridiculous and cliche, but interesting nevertheless.
The japanese voiceacting is great, the writing pretty good.

Uhm, quite a lot of fanservice though...

For those who played it:
Is there a way to get it fullscreen?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:05:52 am by Mindmaker »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: June 05, 2011, 11:44:34 am »

So, I've been told of FLCL. As a person who already doesn't drive safe on his vespa, should I watch it?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: June 05, 2011, 12:06:50 pm »

Giant Robo is turning out to be really awesome.

Also, I took time to watch the Death Note Director's Cut, which is a movie summarizing the first half of the series in about 2 hours. It has some new footage, but it was nothing special.

I also watched the first episode of Trapeze, which is a bizarre bizarre show about psychiatry and circus performers. It's weird for the sake of being weird, but it's actually pretty good at it, so it's entertaining.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: June 05, 2011, 12:46:04 pm »

So, I've been told of FLCL. As a person who already doesn't drive safe on his vespa, should I watch it?

If you have a very perverted sense of humor, you should definitely watch it. Because even if you don't get the plot at all, it is still hilarious.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: June 05, 2011, 12:53:29 pm »

Man To Aru Majutsu no Index is awesome.  Why would I ever stop reading this.  I need to checked out To Aru Kagaku no Railgun after I catch up with Index.
Eugh!
I'm hoping it's significantly better than the anime. Touma is easily my least favorite protagonist.. ever.
Well, I won't get into that here, but just about everything that he is is generic and hate-able. I could go on forever about why and how much I hate him.
Index herself is equally rage-inducing. The only thing that in any way redeemed the show for me was the other characters; Specifically Accelerator.
I liked Railgun more as a whole, personally.
I don't really have a problem with Touma or Index at all.  I'm at volume 6 now and the focus has shifted to Accelerator yet again.  This dude gets jumped A LOT because everybody has to be the STRONGEST RRAGHHH.

ARGH MY ARMS ARE BROKEN

EDIT:

I feel bad for Vector.  Accelerator has complete control over her.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:03:56 pm by ToonyMan »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: June 05, 2011, 02:05:52 pm »

If you have a very perverted sense of humor, you should definitely watch it. Because even if you don't get the plot at all, it is still hilarious.

But what about the other people on the road? should I not watch it for their sake?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: June 06, 2011, 02:34:52 pm »

Almost done catching up in the Index manga.  I'm on chapter 42 out of the 44 currently.  After I'm up-to-date I plan on reading the Railgun manga as well as playing Tsumihoroboshi on the side.

EDIT:
Caught up with Index.  Reading Railgun or should I say CHOUDENJIBOU?!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:17:30 am by ToonyMan »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: June 07, 2011, 02:35:31 pm »

Weee my Demonbane purchase finally processed (apparently some sort of bug occurred in their system) and I'm about to start playing.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: June 07, 2011, 05:43:33 pm »

Aaaand for some reason the animation for Demonbane's first attack shows up as a black screen even as the audio plays through just fine. This is disappointing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: June 07, 2011, 06:48:21 pm »

There's a good reason for that. Or maybe not.

*laughs* In all seriousness its only that one animation, which I thankfully found on youtube, that I've seen so far thats done that. Really odd. Rather disappointed that the animations appear to lack subtitles as well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: June 07, 2011, 08:49:32 pm »

This current arc in Railgun is very sad.  It's the 6-parter called July 24th.  Probably the best arc in Railgun yet, seeing as everything so far has been leading up to it.  I'm on volume 3 now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: June 07, 2011, 11:02:11 pm »

I finished watching Trapeze today, VERY good. It's a show that's weird, but does it very well. There's 11 episodes, each containing there own self-contained story, character development, and satisfying resolution. What's more, is that the entire series takes place in a 7-8 day period where each story takes place in an intermingled fashion, and as you follow each character, you'll see characters from both future and past episodes doing their thing, and you realize the good doctor Irabu is taking care of all of them.

You see, the story is about a rather weird and easygoing psychiatrist named Irabu, who's weird in that he seems to be comprised of 3 different people: An eccentric with a bear mascot head, a little girl, and a rather lanky girly-man. It's never explained whether or not he has a split personality, or if there's actually three people all representing one doctor, but it's one of the anime's oddities that is rather quirky and fun to watch. All of his patients are rather realistically mentally and psychologically ill people, that all have interesting backstories and personalities. It's actually very entertaining to watch them as they deal with their problems, and eventually overcome them.

It's short, but sweet, and I highly recommend it. I'm not sure if any of the psychiatric tips that the real-life doctor Fukuiichi (who literally pauses the show to tell you facts) espouses are true at all, but it would seem that way, and it's another quirk that's fun to have around.

Plus, the opening and ending songs are catchy as heck. I'll need to look them up some time. Also, while it's called Trapeze, there is actually only one character that is in a circus.

I paused my watching of Giant Robo to watch Trapeze, now back to Robo.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: June 07, 2011, 11:23:26 pm »

HSOTD episode 9. More fan service.

Apparently grabbing a girl's boob gives her the resolve to fight.

I weep for my shattered insanity.

Also, Saeko likes killing so much she gets aroused when she's beating the shit outta some poor Gs.

What is this shit
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 2191