Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2806777 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8355 on: July 17, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »

I have to say that I secretly have a powerful love for Initial D.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: July 17, 2011, 11:27:44 pm »

Finished R1, blazed through episodes 22-25.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: July 18, 2011, 12:05:25 am »

I needed a new anime to watch since I haven't done anything with anime since Neon Genesis Evangelion so go AnoHana!
Spoiler: I choose you! (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately, I'm at my Dad's place so my internet connection is pretty bad.  I'm managing my best but each episode takes like an hour to download (the 200MB XviD ones too!) so while I wait for the following episode I just do other stuff.  I like it so far anyway.

As for manga?  I caught up in Billy Bat (with slow progression in One Piece) so I tried reading xxxHolic but failed hopelessly.  I have no gog damn clue what is going on.  I think I need to read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle first or something.  I just can't follow it, I get completely lost.  The Higurashi manga is pretty good too, it's a lot shorter than the Umineko manga (for the first arc at least) but it still works out and it's nice to follow.  Don't know what to read right now.

For visual novels Fate/stay night was kinda slow today.  I played a little, but not enough for it to matter much or talk about anything new.

And for light novels I have Suzumiya Haruhi and Index.

adeline37

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: July 18, 2011, 02:44:07 am »

Of course I like, I'm a super naruto fan.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: July 18, 2011, 07:44:13 am »

Too bad the other 36 were taken.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: July 18, 2011, 11:18:40 am »

*Badum Tish*

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: July 18, 2011, 12:20:04 pm »

I needed a new anime to watch since I haven't done anything with anime since Neon Genesis Evangelion so go AnoHana!

I thought the first 7 or so episodes were pretty good, but by the end it was fairly ridiculous with all the constant shouting and crying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: July 18, 2011, 12:31:33 pm »

I thought the first 7 or so episodes were pretty good, but by the end it was fairly ridiculous with all the constant shouting and crying.
Right right, I've downloaded all 11 episodes now.  I'll be starting episode 4 sometime later.

Anywho, read the first 3 volumes of Blame! finally.  It's okay so far.  The art is great depending on your tastes but I felt a little bored while reading it.  There appears to be like four related series somehow, I guess I'll have to check them out?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: July 18, 2011, 04:05:48 pm »

As for manga?  I caught up in Billy Bat so I tried reading xxxHolic but failed hopelessly.  I have no gog damn clue what is going on.  I think I need to read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle first or something.  I just can't follow it, I get completely lost.
They're stories are intertwined, I think you're supposed to watch them simultaneously or something.

Also, I read Gyo. It was good, but nowhere near the level of Uzumaki or Tomie.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #8364 on: July 18, 2011, 10:03:53 pm »

Finished R1, blazed through episodes 22-25.

Wait for it... Wait for it...

When I finish R1 of Code Geass, I'll take a break to watch something else again, maybe some Lucky Star.

HERESY. AFTER YOU FINISH R1 YOU WILL FEEL COMPELLED TO WATCH AND FINISH R2. THERE IS NO NEGOTIATION HERE. IT WILL HAPPEN.

I TOLD YOU SO.
All that I speak shall come to pass.

Also, watched the third episode of Durarara. I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON. WHAT GENRE ARE YOU!? WAI U MYTHOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGICAL ANGST SLICE OF LIFE!?

Ugh, I wish I could watch anime online, but I'll have to wait a month or so for that. Then I'd catch up on some of the other series (and manga) and be able to watch this at a pace that's not horribly puzzling. =/

I was really surprised at the most recent Bleach episode that aired on Adult Swim. I only watch it because Adult Swim is the only way I get my anime fix and they open it up with Bleach (and sometimes they have decent episodes). There's no real reason to watch it since I'm aware of what's going on in the manga, but it's something to have on TV. I didn't think they could make the series any less enjoyable, though. They taught me a lesson I won't soon forget.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: July 18, 2011, 10:07:50 pm »

YOU WERE RIGHT, CHAOS BRO

I just hope that Shirley gets GOOD END.

If not, I will rage like how Orange boy did.

RAGE RAGE RAGE FROTH AT MOUTH BLAH
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:08 pm »

Dude, I don't know anything about that show, but just looking at her implies she's going to be raped to death by zombie wolves. Maybe it's just the artstyle, but I could swear she's wearing a Torture Me To Death shirt.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: July 18, 2011, 10:18:33 pm »

Dude, I don't know anything about that show, but just looking at her implies she's going to be raped to death by zombie wolves. Maybe it's just the artstyle, but I could swear she's wearing a Torture Me To Death shirt.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: July 18, 2011, 10:20:06 pm »

Not quite, but close enough.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: July 18, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »

I need a replacement for my inability to read the Hellsing manga.

This is going to drive me nuts.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 2191