Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2764158 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8370 on: July 19, 2011, 02:54:34 am »

I just hope that Shirley gets GOOD END.

Compared to some of the cast, things get pretty good for her. Now, no more asking about Shirley. Go pick another favorite character for good things to happen to, like C2 or Arthur the cat.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: July 19, 2011, 02:57:12 am »

Well, Suzaku's not going to get a Good End now that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What about Rivalz?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: July 19, 2011, 04:03:08 am »

Also, watched the third episode of Durarara. I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON. WHAT GENRE ARE YOU!? WAI U MYTHOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGICAL ANGST SLICE OF LIFE!?
I watched 18 episodes and I still don't know what's going on.  All I know is that Shizou, Izaya, or Celty scene equals awesome probably.  There's a good bit later on with another character as well.  I'm guessing the light novels maybe explain things more?

Also, dude, Shirley's fate is completely fucked by how much Acanthus keep hoping for a "GOOD END".  You have to change fate yourself!

Anyway, time for some more Fate/stay night man aww yeah it's 2/4 now.  How many times can I die today?

EDIT:
I played a little bit farther I guess.  Not even to another choice but at least it was to an interesting part.  I've already clocked 26 hours somehow.  I would estimate 6 hours of that is just letting it run idly.

Anyway, the main reason for my distraction was Blame.  I read volume 4 and 5 by accident.  The plot has gotten better and the new characters are pretty fun.  It's pretty reassuring that a character that interacts with Killy lives for longer than ten panels now.
D:

EDITX2:
Finished 2/4 of Fate/stay night.
I'll probably do this for every day I complete from now on, since I like keeping my brain active and flowing.

Oh, and I suppose it's worth mentioning Fate/stay night is pretty damn awesome.  I have the Ace Attorney for courtroom drama with comedy mixed in, When They Cry for murder mysteries with psychological, and now Fate/stay night with its uhh action/drama social interaction qualities?  Plus it's the first visual novel I've played with actual real player control.  Although Ace Attorney and When They Cry are whole series.  Fate/stay night is just the beginning of the series Type-Moon made so I'll need to play the next games onward.  Man this is awesome.  All the visual novels, all of them.

I would mention I'm quite far in the first Professor Layton game as well, but that may be too far off the 'anime' topic and more into a personal blog.  I already talk about stuff not really related to anime too much already.

Speaking of anime, I watched episodes 4-6 of AnoHana now.  That was good, it got to me alright.
Spoiler: less serious (click to show/hide)
WAN PIISU

Ugh, I'm typing too much and this thread isn't even on the front page.

Shit, I get shocked when people can do so much in one day and look what I'm doing?!

EDITX3:
Finished the Onikakushi-hen arc for the Higurashi manga.  I also read The Legend of the Golden Witch arc for the Umineko manga a bit ago so I've read the first arc of both manga.  They were really good.  I kinda flinched in pain a little at one scene in Higurashi while Umineko is still able to keep a good pace through the whole thing.  Although the first arc in Umineko is much much longer than Higurashi's first arc, Higurashi with 7 chapters and Umineko with 24 chapters I believe.  Hmmm.

Also, I guess it's worth mentioning that Ryukishi07's (竜騎士07) name could mean 'Gentleman riding a dragon' which sounds way too cool.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:45:45 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: July 19, 2011, 06:31:00 pm »

It means "Dragon Knight," though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: July 19, 2011, 07:01:42 pm »

Sugoi.  I was just making a blind translation combining the three kanjis together.  Don't hate me. :[
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:03:57 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: July 19, 2011, 07:03:47 pm »

Sugoi.  I was just making a blind translation combining the three kanjis together.  Don't hate me. :[

Oh, okay!  I'm sorry for bugging you, then ._.  And yeah, it is a pretty cool name, huh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: July 19, 2011, 08:52:38 pm »

Almost done with 2/5 of Fate/stay night.  A lot of stuff has happened so I'll be making another content post soon if I finish it today since I'm going to bed soon.  I feel like I keep making the most reckless and proactive decisions ever.

EDIT:
Spoiler: oh gog I feel dumb now (click to show/hide)
I didn't think the game would actually do that, oh gog this is horrible.  I'm so sooooorry Shirou.

EDITX2:
I think "that didn't work in another reality" should be a convincing argument.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:06:09 pm by ToonyMan »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: July 20, 2011, 12:05:56 am »

Well, Suzaku's not going to get a Good End now that

What about Rivalz?

Suzaku gets...

See, I don't know how you mean a "Good End". Do you mean that they don't die, or that by the end of the series they fulfill their goals or have some sort of personal accomplishment or are content?
I won't tell you anyway. If you think R1 was a twist... woahoo, are you in for something.

Also, TOONYMAN. I SEE YOUR AVATAR THERE, AND THE CAPTIONED TEXT, WHICH IS A NICE TOUCH. I DEEM YOU THE BARON OF AWESOME. I would have named you Duke or something, but... you know. There can be only one.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: July 20, 2011, 12:07:01 am »

I thought Aqizzar was the Baron though.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: July 20, 2011, 12:47:45 am »

But... 

Hmm...

What title can I give Toony that isn't already somehow taken somewhere?

Should he be something like Prime Minister of Awesome?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: July 20, 2011, 12:50:00 am »

Yeah, I'd say that works.
The people have spoken, and a new Prime Minister is elected.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: July 20, 2011, 12:58:41 am »

Good End (for me) just means that they don't die a horrible death or are forced to be so traumatized that they want to be dead.

Anyways, I'll shut up and watch R2 already... If I had my laptop ;-;
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: July 20, 2011, 01:00:44 pm »

Also, TOONYMAN. I SEE YOUR AVATAR THERE, AND THE CAPTIONED TEXT, WHICH IS A NICE TOUCH. I DEEM YOU THE BARON OF AWESOME. I would have named you Duke or something, but... you know. There can be only one.
Aww thanks.  Right now I have three+one references on my profile.
1.  Avatar is from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
2.  Captioned text is from Gyakuten Saiban 3 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations).
3.  Sig is first a quote from the awesome Erika Furudo from Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru and then two forum members that you should know.
4.  Location is a home brewed reference between me and WorkerDrone that happen spontaneously.

EDIT:
I just realized Luke Atmey and Erika Furudo are both great detectives and both blab things about love, hohoho.

I fell asleep before managing to finish day 2/5 technically so I'll go and do that.

EDITX2:
Finished 2/5 of Fate/stay night fully.
Did I mention custom art is awesome?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:35:38 pm by ToonyMan »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: July 20, 2011, 04:41:02 pm »

Finished Narutaru.
It's pretty good, but...