Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763559 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8400 on: July 21, 2011, 02:47:42 am »

I've nearly watched every episode of Soul Eater, I just can't stop @_@  I know this anime is definitely aiming for a age group lower than mine, and I know it uses the usual shonen thing of "just try harder" but still, I can't stop watching.

The manga definitely seems to aim for a more mature audience. Nothing like 'M' rated, except for violence and language, but it seems to be in a different style than the anime. That, and them both having different parts.

You were able to stomach Black Star!? You are a hero.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: July 21, 2011, 02:48:25 am »

Okay, thank you, ein...

*squints*

Oh sweet mother of fuck what is that avatar
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: July 21, 2011, 02:52:06 am »

Watched the first couple of Ergo Proxy while I lacked internet the last few days, it was pretty interesting, and definitely something I'll keep watching.

At the people who have read Uzumaki: Why did you like it? I read it and really didn't see the point. I get horror and stuff, but there was hardly any plot at all, besides a curse put in place so that the authors could draw horrifying things. I just didn't get it/like it at all.

And FMA:B is pure awesome, although I wish I could find the dubs. It's funny, all the anime I watched early on in my anime-watching career I enjoy much more as dubs, they just sound weird when it's not, I'm so used to it. And the FMA dubs are pretty well done, too. And I found some awesome poster/concept art stuff in the DVD set of the first season of FMA. Having a dad who liked anime for a long time is a definite advantage. There is a whole closet full of anime at his house that I can rummage through.

I've nearly watched every episode of Soul Eater, I just can't stop @_@  I know this anime is definitely aiming for a age group lower than mine, and I know it uses the usual shonen thing of "just try harder" but still, I can't stop watching.

The manga definitely seems to aim for a more mature audience. Nothing like 'M' rated, except for violence and language, but it seems to be in a different style than the anime. That, and them both having different parts.

Well, that's interesting. I watched the anime, but haven't read the manga yet. I'll have to do that one day, too, now.

And Black Star is worth it for Death the Kid and his reverse gun awesomeness.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: July 21, 2011, 02:57:22 am »

Gog yes, that guy almost killed me.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: July 21, 2011, 03:00:35 am »

I didn't find him that annoying.

*squints*

Oh sweet mother of fuck what is that avatar

Mugyuu~~~~~

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:19 am »

The tildes~

they~ are~ infecting~ m~y~

~~sp~~e~~l~~l~~~~~~i~~~~n~~~g

Anyways, Gits looks cool so far.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: July 21, 2011, 03:21:59 am »

And FMA:B is pure awesome, although I wish I could find the dubs. It's funny, all the anime I watched early on in my anime-watching career I enjoy much more as dubs, they just sound weird when it's not, I'm so used to it. And the FMA dubs are pretty well done, too.

You can't find them at cartoonnetwork or funimation or wheverever Adult Swim hosts their anime online for free so people can watch it? Maybe FMA:B is too new for that, and it may just be older stuff (I heard Zoids was still on there).

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: July 21, 2011, 03:45:56 am »

And FMA:B is pure awesome, although I wish I could find the dubs. It's funny, all the anime I watched early on in my anime-watching career I enjoy much more as dubs, they just sound weird when it's not, I'm so used to it. And the FMA dubs are pretty well done, too.

You can't find them at cartoonnetwork or funimation or wheverever Adult Swim hosts their anime online for free so people can watch it? Maybe FMA:B is too new for that, and it may just be older stuff (I heard Zoids was still on there).
I admit, I haven't looked very hard. Most of the flash-based video players won't work on my computer though (darn netbook!), so I have to find an actual download for it...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: July 21, 2011, 03:53:52 am »

Have you tried flash video downloaders? You can still play them with non-flash media players.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: July 21, 2011, 11:47:13 am »

It means "Dragon Knight," though.
Sugoi.  I was just making a blind translation combining the three kanjis together.  Don't hate me. :[
Apparently it's based on an FFVII character (the same character that inspired Rena's name apparently).  Or some other Final Fantasy with around that number.

I just realized Luke Atmey and Erika Furudo are both great detectives and both blab things about love, hohoho.
Put them together and you get "I just want love so I can be blinded and misled by it".

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: July 21, 2011, 02:50:35 pm »

Spoiler: Actual spoilers (click to show/hide)
Yeah, there are some chapters missing for some reason. Apparently what happened was:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: July 21, 2011, 06:04:25 pm »

Ugh, this is just ridiculous.  When did I even start doing this whole blarg animu/mango/heavylightvisualnovel thing again?  I don't even remember.  Why did I start?!  Ahhhhh...actually more like うわあああああああああああああああああ
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:06:17 pm by ToonyMan »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: July 22, 2011, 01:08:18 am »

Ugh, this is just ridiculous.  When did I even start doing this whole blarg animu/mango/heavylightvisualnovel thing again?  I don't even remember.  Why did I start?!  Ahhhhh...actually more like うわあああああああああああああああああ

Lol@Hirigana

What happened!? How are you not finding entertainment from this media!?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: July 22, 2011, 01:35:46 am »

I'm watching a Dubbed Anime that for some reason transitioned into engrish.

So much fun.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: July 22, 2011, 01:59:21 pm »

You rang?
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 2191