Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763579 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2009, 04:34:19 pm »

story was too good to need the fan service. but it is realistic in a way. not that i have ever seen a persicom

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2009, 06:35:42 pm »

story was too good to need the fan service. but it is realistic in a way. not that i have ever seen a persicom

The story would probably had benefited from the lack of said fan service.

Oh the hell, I'll just put spoiler tags around it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:38:16 pm by Sergius »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2009, 02:26:42 am »

.....you just did a sweep of the manga? i thought you watched it.

anyway i dton remember much of that at all. what i remmeber is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2009, 06:57:41 am »

Are you talking about chobits now or what? Confusing...
anyway, read the manga and watched the anime and i think it's pretty good

Ps I just watched entire shakugan no shana (damn you anime threads!). It was worse than busou renkin, but I couldn't help myself to watch it

So now propose something I could maniacally watch (anything basically if its fun)!

ps2 please?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 05:02:35 pm by Rooster »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2009, 08:17:11 pm »

once again, funniest thing i have ever seen seto no hanayome

something fun....shuffle, dubbed is actually better then subs.

air gear is also awsome

maison ikkoku - 96 episodes, the author makes a lot of large episode anime, look up the author for more if you like this

gurren lagan, one of the best anime and came out recently, both seasons done.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2009, 12:54:05 am »

There are some anime shows I will watch if they are geniunely good.  However, I think anime in general is far more popular than it should be, seeing as how it's mostly a high-variation art style.  I think its popularity is ruining cartoons, pushing away most of the good ones because most of the good ones are not anime.

A lot of people like anime shows just because they are anime, not because of any plot quality, which I hate.   >:(
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2009, 01:01:57 am »

Sturgeon's law Lego, you forgot to factor in that.

To retort, I think anime is actually HELPING the animated industry, because the japanese view it as a legitimate form of storytelling, or so I've heard. It's only a matter of time before people start following their example.

and to the "people like anime only because it's anime" thing, I think it has more to do with American and other audiences watching it because it's foreign and exotic, Japanese culture is quite odd and unique in the world and that's fun to see. I sure as hell like learning about foreign stuff, if France had a booming animation industry with a crack team of subbers to deliver it in english, I sure as hell would watch it, because I don't know alot about France and I would find it interesting.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2009, 01:11:06 am »

anime has better art and the stories actually continue, you can follow them. and we watch them online, not wait for a week and hope we dont miss 1 ep and are lost.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2009, 09:43:04 am »

anime has better art and the stories actually continue, you can follow them. and we watch them online, not wait for a week and hope we dont miss 1 ep and are lost.
What? Not always.  Anime is a style, not an art quality level.  Not all anime has easily followed storylines, either.  My point is, anime is just like any other art style; you see good shows, bad shows, crappy shows, excellent shows, and just plain weird shows.

I tend to get lost if I miss one episode of any show, not just anime or non anime.  And you get to see them online because they are so popular that everyone records it.

Remember Ed, Edd, n' Eddy?  Not anime.  Missed an episode, you could bet someone had recorded it and put it on youtube.  It didn't really have an overall plot; it was just a good, fun show.  There aren't many shows like that anymore, because everyone thinks something like you think.  The way you talk, it sounds like you don't even give non-animes a chance.   :'(

Trust me, I have seen some really crappy anime.  Just don't ask.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2009, 09:57:27 am »

yeh i love edd ed and eddy, one of my favorites JAWBREAKERS!!!

but the shows werent connected. what they did in one episode had nothing to do with the others except the special flashback shows.

ive never seen an anime that didnt have a plot...except maybe bobobo bobo bobobo...noone watch that,ever

yeh i forgot anime also has those expressions where everyones eyes get huge and stuff

but if you were to take the same plot and make it an anime and a cartoon, the anime would probably look better.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2009, 10:39:34 am »

No it wouldn't.  It is entirely possible for anime to look bad.  It's not like anime is some magical style that is automatically better than all others. 
Just so I remember

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2009, 12:12:07 pm »

For me it's easier to find good anime than good cartoons. (Or T.V. shows.)

Of course I have to look for a few gems out of a mound of shit to find them.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2009, 12:20:36 pm »

What?  Animes are cartoons.  And you only find more good anime because everyone is doing anime out of its popularity. 

My point is that being anime alone will not make it good or bad.  It's just an art style, don't get excited about it being anime.

And frankly, a lot of anime shows that start out good end up falling into the freaky-stereotype anime plot.  Zatch Bell, for example.  Liked it at the start, but it was getting weird around when I stopped watching it.
Just so I remember

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2009, 12:49:32 pm »

For some reason, I believe that you didn't listen to anything I said... I've seen plenty of shit that is anime.

Oh, and here's how I classify cartoons, and anime.

Cartoons:
1. Meant to amuse the viewer.
2. Plot is basic, or at rarer times non-existent.
3. One can easily watch an episode in the middle of the series without being confused or have a major event spoiled to them.
4. Drawn.
Examples: Dexter's Laboratory, and Lucky Star.

Anime:
1. More diverse genres.
2. Plot exists. (Of course quality does vary heavily.)
3. Meant to be watched entirely in order.
4. Drawn.
Examples: Chaos;Head, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2009, 01:15:19 pm »

So . . . Xiolin Showdown is neither a cartoon nor anime?  You need to watch it in order for the most part, it is meant to amuse the viewer, and it has an existing plot.

The idea that anime and cartoons are different is a common misconception.

Did you know Cartoon Network is making an MMO with old cartoons like Ed, Edd, n' Eddy and Dexter's Laboratory drawn in anime?  That should be a big clue that anime is just a style of cartooning.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 2191