Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2795663 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20505 on: December 21, 2014, 03:05:22 am »

You talking Engrish? You haven't heard Engrish until you've heard Kiniro Mosaic's "English" characters.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20506 on: December 21, 2014, 01:29:41 pm »

You talking Engrish? You haven't heard Engrish until you've heard Kiniro Mosaic's "English" characters.

Yep. Cute. Silly. But cute. They even try to get a british accent.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20507 on: December 21, 2014, 05:09:43 pm »

Speaking of slice of life, I'm watching the airing show Girlfriend Beta, and it's like the worst imaginable K-On derivative shit ever. 1/10. It's like the writers weren't trying at all, generic characters, generic situations, no real drama or clever comedy.

The only thing I like is the token exchange student who's from France. She speaks really awkward-sounding Japanese, throws in random "oui"s, "non"s, "merci"s and "très bien"s all over the place (while not sounding French in the slightest). And continues the age-old anime tradition that foreigners are blithering retards on everything. I could cope if it was related to purely local Japanese customs, but it's almost to this level:

"Ow to open ze door?"

"You turn this, it's called a 'doorknob' "

"Oui oui non non merci, we has no zuch thing in France! Japan très bien!"

Oh and her dad just flew in from France and he has similar pathetically silly ideas about Japan.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20508 on: December 22, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »

Is anyone other than me still watching G-Reco? The show's gotten real good now but I seem to be the only one here talking about it :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20509 on: December 22, 2014, 04:12:30 pm »

I literally watched episode 1 of G-Reco last night. Will probably catch up ~ ep 13 today. Been catching up shows since I'm on vacation now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20510 on: December 24, 2014, 03:02:00 am »

So I just got done watching Yuru Yuri Season 2 Episode 11. Hory shet my heart. Unexpected feels in my slice of life comedy what is this aaaaaagh.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20511 on: December 24, 2014, 03:07:44 am »

Spoiler: UQ Holder 62 (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20512 on: December 24, 2014, 10:00:34 am »

Ha ha ha.

... Kamui gundam? Apparently?

Latest BF-Try. It is a thing.

FakeE: Continuing to watch. Kawaguchi's pulling a char DX

No, meijin, no! Don't go down the path of abducting teenagers ;_;

Oh gods, the vague terror in the voice of that kid in the store. It keeps getting worse. Why!? What the hell have you been doing over the last few years, man?!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20513 on: December 24, 2014, 11:00:23 am »

Perfecting his chuuniness and learning how to wear shades beneath a motorcycle helmet visor :P

My question is what the heck is up with this Lady Kawaguchi. Why is she a Kawaguchi? Also Sd bluh, but hers is fraking amazingly badass and shows how much the winning sucks and isn't using the Super Robot aspect of the SD line to its full potential. Also the one she used was a pre-existin model based off a spinoff line (even the cloak it was wearing is from its old artwork) so theres a chance she might use something else later on because saaaaales.

This might turn out well since in the gunpla model previews released a few days ago the upgrade for Winning clearly shows it carrying a 1/144 waist joint part and legs on its back, implying we'll finally get our transformation between SD and HG and she'll stop being obsessed with being a support character.

Apparently if you freezeframe all the SD fights we've had you can see the animators slipped in a ton of flashes where their units transform into the cast from SD Gundam Force

Also hey another newtype girl. Apparently she's ponytail guy's sister according to the credits and her website bio
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 11:49:54 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #20514 on: December 24, 2014, 11:03:06 am »

Yes.

You can guess who my favorite character in-general is (at least purely aesthetic wise) from my avatar, but the series he's from... Isn't really one that I'm a big fan of, to be honest.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20515 on: December 24, 2014, 11:15:43 am »

Glancing at G-Reco now.

Only thing I really have to say at this point is that those walker things are quite possibly the deadliest forms of personal transportation I've seen in anime.

It's really telling that within two episodes of the show, one person has been thrown out of one of the things and another walker-critter has had its front crushed during what amounted to regular operation. Operator safety is apparently not a priority in Reco-land.

E: Sweet zeus, they call those things shanks? Seriously?

I guess the colloquial term for a car wreck in reco-land is "hobo knife fight".

E2: Ohey, polka. Frumple approves.

E3: ... the hell. The seat is... also a toilet. That's a bit of worldbuilding I was not expecting.

E4: Poor kitty. Poor snake ;_;

E5: Well, my impression by the end of episode 4 is that this is going to end up as a stealthy aesop about a young man's struggle with his hair fetish. Hidden title: "Gundam Reconguista in G: Problems With Paraphilia."

Side characters are the young lady's previously forbidden lust for a now-dead much older man, and a younger lady's evident infatuation with electra complex for a giant humanoid war machine. I can only assume the other pink haired one has something going on with the haro.

"P... please, miss Monday. Don't... don't do that to the gundam."

"Papa! Papa!"

"Oh god."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 01:15:21 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20516 on: December 24, 2014, 01:31:03 pm »

Pff I'm sigging that, keep it up :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:43:49 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20517 on: December 24, 2014, 03:34:36 pm »

E: Sweet zeus, they call those things shanks? Seriously?
Shank means lower legs (related to "shin"), traditionally and everywhere except America. Makeshift knives are called shivs outside America. Shank as slang is only found in US English. So in other words, they're named after a word for legs.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shank

The part of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary

Yeah, it's in American medical dictionaries as referring to the lower leg. "Knife" doesn't even appear on the dictionary page for shank.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:45:58 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20518 on: December 24, 2014, 03:35:27 pm »

No promises with keeping it up, but some of this stuff just kinda' writes itself.

"Today in episode 7 of G-Reco:PWP, Miss Monday demands to sleep with the G-Self!"

... seriously. That just happened. The harohumper acquiesced, too. Are they doing this intentionally?

Also sweet zeus I just realized what other acronym "Problems With Paraphilia" matches with *facepalm*

E: And yeah, you actually do see shank occasionally in the states, generally in regards to certain sorts of food. Cobbled together ghetto knife fits those deathtraps a lot better, though.

E2: It also looks like segway made a major economic coup at some point during the G-Reco timeline...

E3: Okay, someone spoiler me: Does pinky ever actually manage to shoot anyone? Because so far (just finished ep7), I don't think I've seen her land a single shot with that big rifle. Aida is, uh. Kinda' incompetent. So far. Apparently.

Also, "The G-Self fell from the sky! Do you people not understand what that means!?"

... I don't. In fact, I can't recall anyone saying anything in regards to what that means. Nor has hair-boy displayed the least instance of knowing, himself, insofar as I can recall. What's going oooonnnn ;_;

But yeah. Fairly pretty, MST-able, but the plot so far has been... yeah. Also the elk elf balls primary flight mode is vaguely obscene. What the hell is with this show.

E4: Start of episode 8. What the hell. "Hey, there's a raging battle between a city-destroyer-level mobile armor and most of a squadron of experimental mobile suits, let's hug and sit down on the beach for a drink!" TIME AND PLACE, PEOPLE

oh god

they just sit there and look while a giant mobile armor goes flying by to the right, close enough to kick up waves and ruffle hair, guns just blazing away, and then a explosion goes off, like, just over the hill behind them and everyone's like, "Eh."

My suspension of disbelief just got ran over by one of those hobo knife cars. It's hilarious, but my ability to take this show even remotely seriously just got stabbed in an alleyway by a old homeless dude that hasn't bathed in months.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:54:02 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20519 on: December 24, 2014, 06:00:03 pm »

Yeah Aida's kinda on the team because of Nepotism as far as we can tell and so sucks appropriately. She does slowly get better over time. She has at least on shoot down by the point we're at now at least. And the G-Arcane unit she's using might be a bit buggy since they didn't completely understand the blueprints used for it if what I heard it says in the gunpla manual is true.

The falling from the sky well... you'll understand better at the end of episode 8.

As for the picnic, eh because of the taboo everyone kinda has a hard time taking things appropriately seriously due to a lack of culturewide experience. Or something. I guess. It's probably best not to think about that scene too hard. At all. I guess they just have a lot of faith in Mick Jack? *shrug* I saw a reasonable explanation for it somewhere when the episode came out but I don't remember it anymore.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:05:45 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 2191