Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2795924 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23010 on: June 09, 2015, 04:44:22 pm »

I watched it for Monty's fight choreography. Now that he's dead, meh.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23011 on: June 09, 2015, 05:43:24 pm »

As somebody who really doesn't get RWBY, this is pretty bizarre. As far as I can tell it's amateurish as all hell, so getting professional VAs for a big formal import is just kind of baffling.

I would like to see the subs of the dubs, however. That sounds like a beautiful cycle.
VAs aren't the main cost of production, so it's cheap to do this, just like anime dubs in the West. Also, since the VA market in Japan is saturated, there are always going to be VAs looking for extra work and you can score some big names for some of these minor productions.

As for subs over dubs ... If it's redubbed from the original language, then that is the "dub". The original creators audio is always the authentic audio. Think bad Chinese dub of Star Wars with English subs or old Hong Kong kung fu flicks where you can watch them badly dubbed into English or with the original soundtrack and subtitles. You really should watch the first in English and the second in Chinese.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:49:50 pm by Reelya »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23012 on: June 09, 2015, 07:37:52 pm »

Jitsu wa Watashi wa updated. Hilarious confessions again made extra hilarious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:53:50 pm by majikero »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #23013 on: June 10, 2015, 06:54:03 pm »

Can someone tell me what this is from:

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23014 on: June 10, 2015, 07:21:12 pm »

Plastic Nee-san

More famous for this scene:

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #23015 on: June 10, 2015, 07:30:08 pm »

Oh, hey, Netflix got Rebellion. Bout damn time.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #23016 on: June 12, 2015, 06:09:54 pm »

Plastic Nee-san

More famous for this scene:
Is it good?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23017 on: June 12, 2015, 06:28:48 pm »

I think that ~half hour video is most/all of it, so... won't hurt much to just gander.

Might hurt a little, but not much :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #23018 on: June 12, 2015, 06:57:20 pm »

I think that ~half hour video is most/all of it, so... won't hurt much to just gander.

Might hurt a little, but not much :P
What? I thought it was a series.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23019 on: June 12, 2015, 07:07:59 pm »

A series of very short shorts :P 12 episodes, but the episodes are two minutes long.

As for its virtue, I'd say it's middlingly decent, if somewhat mildly NSFW. Amusing enough for its length, basically.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23020 on: June 13, 2015, 01:14:50 am »

Wheee. Plastic Memories episode 8 finally went and had the stupid sappy "MC confession of love to primary love interest". Took 'em long enough.

I know I've been bitching on how it doesn't meet my expectations of a romance plot where a human falls in love with an android, but whatever, it's still a pretty good romcom.

Spoiler: mrw (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23021 on: June 13, 2015, 09:06:29 am »

Well 11 episodes in and Dungeon has kind of officially started to suck.

It had a pretty epic set up the previous episode before, I was getting pumped, things seemed dire... and then!!! Harem Comedy!!!

Ohh well I was told it was going to devolve into this, but I wanted to give it a chance to be better than this.

know I've been bitching on how it doesn't meet my expectations of a romance plot where a human falls in love with an android, but whatever, it's still a pretty good romcom

In all fairness "Will they won't they" is used so often in terrible anime that people have even forgot that it could even be good (though this is definitely not a good example). To the extent where begging for this to be outright skipped is fine.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:08:33 am by Neonivek »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23022 on: June 13, 2015, 11:03:19 am »

know I've been bitching on how it doesn't meet my expectations of a romance plot where a human falls in love with an android, but whatever, it's still a pretty good romcom

In all fairness "Will they won't they" is used so often in terrible anime that people have even forgot that it could even be good (though this is definitely not a good example). To the extent where begging for this to be outright skipped is fine.

Nah, I wasn't referring to the whole "will they won't they" trope. The whole concept of "human x android" or basically "human x nonhuman" is fraught with philosophical questions of "is this ok or not". It goes hand in hand with the matter of humanoid androids and whether or not they can be considered "human" or "not human". And Plastic Memories seemed to start out with these matters as an essential plot point, where the focus is on the main characters who's job is to basically euthanize androids (given how human the androids are in series, it's like euthanizing people) and tear families apart.

But as the series continued and the actual romance started up the whole matter of one of the romancees being an android was just brushed over. So it's like it's just another human x human romance, but one of them happens to have a shorter lifespan. So the whole plot point of the character being an android serves little purpose.

It's like they had lots of potential for a neat and distinctive anime romance but instead it's a generic rom-com with a science-fiction-y setting.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23023 on: June 14, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »

I think pretty much everyone here agrees that there are many shows that sum to "awesome plot setup, world, and story, but instead we decided to do a generic harem show instead!" instead of doing the awesome things they could have done.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23024 on: June 14, 2015, 06:53:06 pm »

Fullmetal Alchemist was made by a woman, actually.
I love FMA, and I didn't know that until now.
Pages: 1 ... 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 ... 2191