Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2762655 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23055 on: June 19, 2015, 09:00:37 am »

Am I the only one to find it amusing how he started and finished so many episodes in a single page?

I -may- have binged a little bit.  Just a bit.   :P
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Jarvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23056 on: June 19, 2015, 04:30:37 pm »

Am I the only one to find it amusing how he started and finished so many episodes in a single page?

I -may- have binged a little bit.  Just a bit.   :P
I think I binged the last eight episodes of Madoka Magica all in one sitting. Good times.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23057 on: June 19, 2015, 09:01:01 pm »

Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu Season 2 feels like a completely different series from season 1. Only 3 episodes watched, on episode 4 now, and so much drama.

Sooooo much.
so much.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23058 on: June 19, 2015, 09:12:45 pm »

Are you saying that you don't binge watch entire shows at once? (Like seriously, that's pretty much the only way I actually watch anime, barring shows that are just coming out).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23059 on: June 19, 2015, 09:46:22 pm »

I remember I watched the entirety of Death Note in a single sitting. Those were the nice ol' days of middle/high when I had no concept of a regular sleep schedule and just occasionally went a day or two without sleep. Can't really binge like that nowadays, work n' college actual demand a reasonable amount of effort from me.

Did it with quite a few other series too, Death Note was just the longest.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23060 on: June 19, 2015, 10:20:44 pm »

Yeah, I did Death Note over two days. One for the first season. One for the second. And I burned through like 30 episodes of FMA:B in about the same timeframe before it killed the suspense and I ragequit.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23061 on: June 19, 2015, 11:02:16 pm »

Just started up Kekkai Sensen (i.e., Blood Blockade Battlefront) and I am loving every minute of it way more than I expected. Probably due to the amazing soundtrack. I mean seriously, this is the best soundtrack I've seen just for background music in an anime in a long time.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23062 on: June 19, 2015, 11:24:55 pm »

Just started up Kekkai Sensen (i.e., Blood Blockade Battlefront) and I am loving every minute of it way more than I expected. Probably due to the amazing soundtrack. I mean seriously, this is the best soundtrack I've seen just for background music in an anime in a long time.
On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is "DBZ voice-acting" and 10 is "Yuki Kajiura", how good is the music?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23063 on: June 20, 2015, 12:07:19 am »

Finished episode 8 of Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu season 2. SO. MUCH. DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I can't stop watching and soon I'll be at episode 11 and episode 12 doesn't release for another 6 days and aaaaaaugh I can't stop watching I gotta know what happens next.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23064 on: June 20, 2015, 12:53:40 am »

Finished episode 8 of Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu season 2. SO. MUCH. DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I can't stop watching and soon I'll be at episode 11 and episode 12 doesn't release for another 6 days and aaaaaaugh I can't stop watching I gotta know what happens next.

I know right?

It's like, hell, I don't even like slice of life OR romantic comedies;

But that show, though. It's something else.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23065 on: June 20, 2015, 02:05:38 am »

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is "DBZ voice-acting" and 10 is "Yuki Kajiura", how good is the music?
I wouldn't say it's quite as "epic" as Yuki Kajiura, but I'd say that that is more due to the style that they were going for rather than any lack in the music itself. I'd say that the soundtrack (or at least what we've seen of it, it hasn't been released yet) is probably most similar to that from Baccano!. Both of them rock that upbeat downtown jazz/big-band feel to a lot of their songs. The greatest difference is that where Baccano! tended to most of the remaining soundtrack with slower jazz-combo pieces, Kekkai Sense seems to be a little more rock focused, though they certainly have a fairly broad variety of styles present in what we've seen (think a kinda Cowboy Bebop-esque variety spread, though not quite that wide).

Number wise I'd set it somewhere between 8 and 13, depending on your exact music tastes and how you are feeling at the time. (I know there are sometime when I definitely want something upbeat, and other times I want something more "epic" sounding). Of course my Dad was a big lover of big-band music, and I was raised with a lot of it, so my opinion might be skewed just a little bit. :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23066 on: June 21, 2015, 03:18:21 pm »

Double post but this deserves it.
That Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works finale. So epic! I had to go back and watch the final fight again it was that awesome. O-O

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23067 on: June 22, 2015, 03:25:57 am »

I think what is starting to become one of the driving forces that is making anime harder and harder to watch is my increasing intolerance for "Abuse for comedy"

Now I don't mean simply slapstick and prat falls.

I mean where a character actively abuses another for comedy usually out of either retribution or their own injured ego.

I am actually someone who has NEVER liked this. I never liked that Bulma would just beat up Goku, a child, because he said something she didn't like. I never liked that Kagome would beat Inuyasha up because he would say a minor comment, and yeah Love Hina has such strong shades of "abusive relationship" it is frightening.

Sure there are animes like Familiar of Zero that takes the abuse an extra mile and handles it so realistically that it becomes abhorrent to watch (in spite the fact that they mean it to be funny)... Or heck there is that witch anime where the comedic abuse is supposed to be horrific to juxtapose it (or the angel one which is a parody of typical abuse by having her abuse basically just brutally murder him)

Yet for some reason this form of abuse seems to be ingrained in anime.

It speaks volumes of Japanese culture and their views of gender politics and abuse in general. The joke is that the woman is the one abusing the man rather then the other way around, that it is the woman who is empowered, and that is what is supposed to be funny.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23068 on: June 22, 2015, 03:59:48 am »

I finally crawled out from underneath my rock, and after adjusting my eyes to the blinding light of the outside world, have discovered that not one but TWO Fire Emblem games are in the works... and they honestly look really interesting.

Now, I'll say Awakening was *alright*, it definitely improved on a lot of things and it was satisfying in how fun it was... but it ultimately left me feeling bitter and disappointed. I'd need to fly into a multi-paragraph diatribe to elaborate on that bitterness, but my point is that Awakening badly damaged my hope that future FE titles will stand up under scrutiny.

The two new games planned are Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, and Fire Emblem: Fates.

Now, I also thought SMT 4, which I played through twice, was kind of underwhelming. That being said, when I heard that there was gonna be a crossover title my brain immediately exploded in excitement. I don't know what it is, but Nintendo's 'canon' main line titles are all kinda mediocre and unimpressive, but all of their 'non-canon' crossover titles recently have been fuckin dynamite smash hit homeruns.
I'm not even sure what the gameplay of it will be, the trailer for it is honestly very vague, but from what I can find the story promises a battle of "Glamour vs Darkness" which honestly has me hopeful that it'll be something very original and fun...

But it's gonna be exclusive on the Wii U. Dammit Nintendo stop trying to push that stupid system with the five pound controller.

Now, exclusive to the 3DS, is gonna be Fire Emblem: Fates. Which, being a main line title in the style of Awakening has me very skeptical right from the start. However, it promises a two-sided story, one path completely different from the other, promising a different story, difficulty, and gameplay. That sounds ambitious and interesting even with no context provided, cause I had to rooting around for context cause the minute and a half E3 trailer provided next to no fuckin information but after going out of my way to learn about it it sounds really cool...

but that two-sided story? It's separated into two separate games pokemon style.... WHAAAAT? I don't get that at all Nintendo. I don't even care about the monetary cost of buying 2 separate games Nintendo, please gouge my wallet, I have money to spare, but that's just straight up fuckin confusing. How would someone just browsing in the aisles be able to see and differentiate these two games with no prior research done? One is basically defined as being the 'babby's first FE' in the same kind of easy gameplay style that Awakening is, and the other is defined as being the more challenging in-line with the Jugdral and Archaeneian games.

Now, this is just my assessment, but Ever since FE 5, Nintendo has been a real prick about installments of Fire Emblem. Every game it's some new gimmick, and that idea ON PAPER always seems alright, but in execution Intelligent Systems and Nintendo always find a way to just be an asshole about it. This is definitely one of those times.

And even worse, my research indicates there's gonna be a version that does include both stories in one, but it seems like it's gonna be a deluxe or preorder version of the game, which is irritating at the very least, and Amiibo-scarcity-style malicious at the very worst.

But it seems like both of these games will be due for the relatively far future, and as an embittered FE fan I wanted to weigh in on my first impressions.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:02:20 am by JoshuaFH »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23069 on: June 22, 2015, 04:03:45 am »

Er, is this the right thread?

Anyway, are you guys still going on about this?

Dunno about Love Hina or Inuyashs, but for Dragon Ball I can't really remember Bulma ever beating Goku up, maybe yelling at him for his dunce-ness but that's about it. Also, it's not a worry for the same reason that Nami beating up Luffy in One Piece isn't a worry: the scenes are basically 100% OOC. If Bulma was seriously trying to hurt Goku then I'm pretty sure it would be almost literally impossible without using some kind of weapon, and even then passed maybe episode 20 that wouldn't work either.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 2191