Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1652 1653 [1654] 1655 1656 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2799837 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24795 on: October 03, 2015, 01:36:34 am »

Neonivek is actually an AI programmed to experience all media produced on Earth.  Unfortunately he doesn't like any of it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24796 on: October 03, 2015, 01:40:19 am »

How well were the Aragami explained in the show? Were the details presented the same way as in the original game?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:46:15 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24797 on: October 03, 2015, 02:57:35 am »

How well were the Aragami explained in the show? Were the details presented the same way as in the original game?

They really weren't explained much. Only that they were immune to conventional weaponry.

The IMPLIED reason is that the Aragami adapt too fast to modern weaponry for it to even work once. When they create Anti-Aragami weaponry they find that they essentially only work once before they lose the majority of their effectiveness.

Neonivek is actually an AI programmed to experience all media produced on Earth.  Unfortunately he doesn't like any of it.

No I like a lot of it. Right now I am watching Fairytail and Overlord and I love them both... especially Overlord.

I usually compliment Overlord every time an episode comes out.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:08:26 am by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24798 on: October 03, 2015, 03:16:47 am »

neigh on immunity
Maybe it's less that the monsters are immune and more that everyone is just horsing around.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24799 on: October 03, 2015, 03:20:04 am »

Ah yeah, they left out all the explanations for it then. Their ability to adapt is only a minor factor in it.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:30:29 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24800 on: October 03, 2015, 03:26:16 am »

Well Heavy Objects is a bad anime unfortunately and I was kind of hoping it would at least be mindlessly fun...

But well... There is a scene where the main character while performing maintenance on the "object" (which is basically the main battle vehicle name for this show) accidentally breaks the straps mechanism that is supposed to keep the pilot in their seat... causing it to start to crush the female lead so much so that she cannot breathe.

He is instructed by his superior to pull on the straps so she won't suffocate before she can find a knife to cut her free... and our hero doesn't do it because pulling on the straps would mean he would touch her boobs.

So... A girl... Is DYING, she is saying she is suffocating and you can see that she is suffocating.. meaning this is possible a life or death situation... and you are hesitating because she has boobs?

*Tosses anime in trash bin*

DANG IT!!! I was hoping to add a third anime to my continuous watching.

Though truthfully what hurts Heavy Objects is mostly that it is using its premise to "Debuild" its setting so to speak and lighten the stakes... and make everything else pointless but without really highlighting what it means.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:35:46 am by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24801 on: October 03, 2015, 03:36:18 am »

Not gonna deny the fanservice issues, which are quite clear to see, but for fact checking purposes the actual main premise behind the series won't actually show up until the second or third episode from what I've heard :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:49:37 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24802 on: October 03, 2015, 03:40:29 am »

Well I'll check out the second episode but goodness did the first episode not endear itself to me.

The first episode feels like they hand crafting the worst more stereotypical anime they could have made. The ONLY bonus is that the little TINY bit at the start with the two characters actually keep their characters in line. The rich kid being wasteful with government money ticks him off, and he is more relaxed when it comes to the poor conditions because it is on the taxpayer's dime.

Everything outside that scene was bad.

Though hopefully that was intentional and this second episode just hits the status quo with a metric ton hammer and gets the plot moving.

It DOES make me want to watch Xholic again mind you... I never finished that series. There are so many hanging question but Xholic doesn't seem like a series that would even want to answer them.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:56:57 am by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24803 on: October 03, 2015, 04:33:44 am »

Have you forgotten Neon, that boobs = poison? If he touched those breasts his flesh would have immediately disintegrated off of his bones like sunlight hitting a Jojo-pire.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24804 on: October 03, 2015, 05:09:02 am »

The aliens just need to send an invasion force of big-breasted warrior women, who just thrust them in the face of the Earth soldiers. Then all our troops start screaming "O-o-oppai!!" and collapse with terminal nosebleeds. Invasion complete.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24805 on: October 03, 2015, 05:30:21 am »

"We're not enslaving your race cause we like you or anything, b-baka!"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24806 on: October 03, 2015, 05:43:56 am »

Until Earth discovers the aliens weakness and creates the Kisu brigade. "Ki-ki-kisu!?" and the aliens are forced to retreat.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24807 on: October 03, 2015, 08:31:14 am »

Hmm... Watched Young Black Jack and I am sort of on the fence right now.

The WEIRDEST part is he went and charged a family who has a dying child 5 million dollars to do the surgery, which is an outrageous price. They were desperate but they agreed to it.

So when he saves the child he later comes back, mentions he didn't have a license, and instead gives him 500 thousand dollars... Which is honestly a fair price for a four hour surgery. In fact more so because of the time period.

Yet the anime treats it like the father is trying to cheat his way out of a fair deal and ripped off the doctor. When in reality Jack was basically forcing the parents into a one sided contract under duress, something that would have NEVER held up in court even if he was fully licensed.

Mind you I am willing to look the other way in this case. Since I think the person who wrote this didn't know the difference between Yen and a Dollar (or it is a translation error) since if you convert it... Yes 5000 dollars is low for that kind of surgery and 50,000 dollars is a good price as well. If you just assume it was all in Yen, suddenly the issues disappear.

Heck you have no idea what was going on in my head while this was all going down. At first I thought he was just testing the parents to see if they really cared enough or that he was just a scummy Anti-hero. Then when the guy was backing out of the deal I was like "Ohhh I see! He knew they would welch on the deal, so he intentionally inflated the price so he would give him the 500,000. Clever!" until it was revealed, no.

---

The other thing that happened is the main character's back was turned and while listening to the parents crying over their maimed son you see a drop fall. And I was like "Wow! is our main character crying?" and I was suddenly very impressed. Then they revealed no he really isn't crying. I was kind of disappointed to be honest, it certainly would have been nice to see our "Macho, no emotion character" actually shedding a tear.

---

Overall I kind of have good expectations for Young Black Jack... It might genuinely be good. The male lead is a blank slate right now, the female lead is amazingly professional, and the subject is interesting. Heck I love the character art.

Or it might be bad. The main character is sort of a blank slate devoid of personality. I'd have a feeling if you asked him his favorite food it would be "training".

I am hoping Good! See you next episode Jack!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:40:11 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24808 on: October 03, 2015, 08:49:44 am »

Cartoon or anime? Going off the "style" discussion we had before, this clearly fails the test, and is a mere cartoon, not an anime, even if it was made in Japan. I don't know exactly who this "Osamu Tezuka" dude thinks he is, but he should get with the popular "anime" style and not try and pass off mere cartoons as the real deal.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24809 on: October 03, 2015, 09:05:43 am »

The WEIRDEST part is he went and charged a family who has a dying child 5 million dollars to do the surgery, which is an outrageous price. They were desperate but they agreed to it.

So when he saves the child he later comes back, mentions he didn't have a license, and instead gives him 500 thousand dollars... Which is honestly a fair price for a four hour surgery. In fact more so because of the time period.

Yet the anime treats it like the father is trying to cheat his way out of a fair deal and ripped off the doctor. When in reality Jack was basically forcing the parents into a one sided contract under duress, something that would have NEVER held up in court even if he was fully licensed.
Exchange rates aside, I would assume it was because he agreed to an exchange of goods for services, received the services, and then withheld most of the goods. If it was a poor deal, he should have refused in the first place.

Cartoon or anime? Going off the "style" discussion we had before, this clearly fails the test, and is a mere cartoon, not an anime, even if it was made in Japan. I don't know exactly who this "Osamu Tezuka" dude thinks he is, but he should get with the popular "anime" style and not try and pass off mere cartoons as the real deal.
I dunno, it still has an anime tone to it, I think. Not entirely sure what it is, but it's there.

Alternatively, it's a Japanese Cartoon and it looks "anime" because it's in typical Japanese Cartoon Style.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1652 1653 [1654] 1655 1656 ... 2191