Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2815351 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25980 on: January 15, 2016, 07:15:13 pm »

So what are the must see anime that came out last year?
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25981 on: January 15, 2016, 07:54:09 pm »

Probably Oregairu Zoku (it's a 2nd season)

one of the only few highschool animu I can bear to watch, if only because they have awesome characters, with fleshed out motives and personalities.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25982 on: January 16, 2016, 01:52:18 am »

Well, my list of worthwhile picks (updated)

One Punch Man
Concrete Revolutio
Assassination Classroom
Gangsta
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
Gate
Overlord

Death Parade
Shokugeki no Souma
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Gakkou gurashi
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Ore Monogatari

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25983 on: January 16, 2016, 03:34:03 am »

My interest in Fairytale is starting to bottom.

This is probably one of the few times I have ever preferred a piece of fiction to... not do a flashback series of episodes.

To me the past with fairytale should be something that happens in the background, there is nothing in my mind that really could be added that would make it anymore poignant.

Not that I am against series revealing things... Heck One Piece could pull it and I'd have no problem... Hey want to know the story of how the Navy was created? I sure do!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:35:52 am by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25984 on: January 16, 2016, 03:39:28 am »

Wait, you like flashbacks normally? I hate the darn things. Which is weird because I like things when they're not chronological, but flashbacks I find irritating.

Also seconding Oregairu and Monogatari, those shows are fantastic.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25985 on: January 16, 2016, 03:43:39 am »

Honestly? Not normally

I can think of a handful of shows I feel could pull it off and keep me engaged. Heck the worst part about the Clone Wars was that it was a prequel and thus nothing could ever happen (and the show liked to pretend it could... "ohh no Count Duku has been captured for like... the 50th time... I wonder if he will die this time")

I just wanted to state that I don't have an issue with flashbacks in general... it just needs a point.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25986 on: January 16, 2016, 04:15:21 am »

More people who like Ore Monogatari should give Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun a try. I think Ore Monogatari challenges a couple of shoujo/romcom tropes in it's set-up, but plays it straight as a romance story that's basically all puppies and rainbows in the end, whereas Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is pretty much a straight-up deconstruction of everything to do with shoujo and romcom series. Here, no trope is sacred, and everything exists to be broken down and subverted, whereas I doubt you could call Ore Monogatari a "nothing is sacred" deconstruction of the romance genre.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:46:44 am by Reelya »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25987 on: January 16, 2016, 04:31:35 pm »

*Asuka body pillow*
Jokes for the joke throne!
Some girls just look sexier with an eyepatch.

Some girls look sexier as a fluffable pillow you can hit when you watch reruns of Neon Genesis Evangelion on your laptop in a bunker in Asia Minor while listening to the landmines detonate outside the wire and the cries of revolutionaries fill the air with false pleas to a god who has long since moved to America and voted for Burnie Sanders, without looking at the vice president and once he dies in office will be filled with regret as Vice President Clinton's Light Yagami-esque plan comes to fruition.

And some girls can pull of knee socks. I can't. I'm not a girl.

Let people be different man.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25988 on: January 16, 2016, 04:37:38 pm »

Some girls look sexier as a fluffable pillow you can hit when you watch reruns of Neon Genesis Evangelion on your laptop in a bunker in Asia Minor while listening to the landmines detonate outside the wire and the cries of revolutionaries fill the air with false pleas to a god who has long since moved to America and voted for Burnie Sanders, without looking at the vice president and once he dies in office will be filled with regret as Vice President Clinton's Light Yagami-esque plan comes to fruition.

...Sig'd.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25989 on: January 16, 2016, 04:51:01 pm »

*Asuka body pillow*
Jokes for the joke throne!
Some girls just look sexier with an eyepatch.

Let people be different man.

I was mostly just making a rather oblique reference to a certain hospital scene in End of Evangelion, not judging.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25990 on: January 16, 2016, 04:56:47 pm »

So I briefly looked at OwariMonogotari, and was wondering whether or not it's worth getting into.

Also, if Toonyman or other JoJo fans are around, is it worth just watching the three remastered episodes of the original Bizarre adventure, instead of watching all 26?

-snip-
...Sig'd.
Doesn't count if it's being shipped off to hide in your darkened sig-warehouse.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:10:38 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25991 on: January 16, 2016, 05:27:29 pm »

OwariMonogotari is part of a larger series based on a series of books, which I guess would be classed as supernatural mystery stories. Good if you like the sort of back-and-forth verbal sparring type of dialogue that traverses many topics. There's a LOT more talking than action here. But one thing of note is the amount of attention to detail that they paid the audio/visual elements. This is a very surreal series, where there's a huge amount of subtext going on in the background in many scenes. And they pull out an original opening and closing credits for every. single. novel. which means entirely new opening and ending animation/songs every 4 episodes or so.

The most logical order is airing order: Bakemonogatari first. Then if you like that most of the other stuff is side-stories related to those core characters, but with some additional characters introduced here and there. One of my favorite characters is the main villain in Nisemonogatari, which follows Bakemonogatari.

For JoJo, just go from the 2012 version onwards. The 1990s OVAs are a partial adaptation of Stardust Crusaders which covered more fully in the 2014-2015 version.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:48:07 pm by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25992 on: January 16, 2016, 05:37:01 pm »

For JoJo, just go from the 2012 version onwards. The 1990s OVAs are a partial adaptation of Stardust Crusaders which covered more fully in the 2014-2015 version.

I'd highly recommend the 1990's adaptations anyway, just because they are so superbly well-done, it is honestly some of the finest animation ever done IMO. And while they only cover a small handful of fights and skip all the rest, the ones they do cover are given a lavish amount of attention and detail, with the episodes being 45~ minutes long instead of 24~ with the recent adaptation.

Just trust me, the OVA's are the ones that won me over completely to the Jojo fandom.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25993 on: January 16, 2016, 05:39:31 pm »

So OVA's are a go, but will be covered in stardust crusaders anyway?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25994 on: January 16, 2016, 05:45:58 pm »

So OVA's are a go, but will be covered in stardust crusaders anyway?

Yeah, the series covers everything, but the OVA covers the best fights in over-the-top grandiosity.
Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 2191