Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1981 1982 [1983] 1984 1985 ... 2190

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2754137 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29730 on: December 19, 2016, 12:39:00 am »

Yeah, I'm fine with the idea of incest, but not how it's usually handled.

In other anime news, holy shit Flip Flappers is kicking off. I kind of miss the comfy inscrutability, but I'm glad it's actually going somewhere and we're getting an ending where all the foreshadowing actually foreshadows something.

Also Stella no Mahou is still cutest show of the season. A shame that the subbing issues are keeping it from wider attention.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:54:06 am by Cruxador »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29731 on: December 19, 2016, 08:44:31 am »

-[snip]-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's face the facts though.

Kobato was great.

Also I never really saw her or Maria as seriously in puddingheads harem. They were just some kids that hung around. The real game was between Yozora, Sena, Rika, and Yukimura. Rika lost because she was best girl and best girl never wins, but I can't be mad at Yukimura winning the puddingbowl, because Yukimura was pretty GOAT on her own. Sena was awful though. Anime really chose the wrong point to end there.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29732 on: December 19, 2016, 10:27:48 am »

I admit Wixoss has kind of lost me in one storyline. EXTREME SPOILERS!!! (doesn't spoil the latest two episodes)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29733 on: December 19, 2016, 01:19:33 pm »

I think Ilya and Shirou was the best, especially with Ruby teasing her about it, and then alt!Shirou being all badass.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #29734 on: December 21, 2016, 09:26:57 am »

So uh, is Kissanime safe to use again yet? Its showing up as kissanime.ru now and I don't know whether that is good or bad?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29735 on: December 21, 2016, 11:09:53 am »

I've been watching an oldie, Ace o Nerae. It's old but the animation is charmingly bad. Progression of time is odd at times, but it's cool.

I'd been trying to get back into Initial D, finishing up Fifth stage. It struck me as so ODD that the opening sequence has them being like 'Yeah, we're modern now! Look at our cars literally cross over into a new dimension of animation!' and then you see the characters and they still have the dumb monkey ears and half-mouths. There's never been such a small thing in any anime that so completely jars me out of the experience. That and the depiction of interpersonal relationships is just odd and offputting enough to shake my interest.

And I just can't get over how awesome Ping Pong the animation is. I rewatched the series, and watched the live action movie. It just seems like one of those shows that has so much love and detail poured into it that you can rewatch it over and over and find new things to like about it each time.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29736 on: December 21, 2016, 07:23:52 pm »

So uh, is Kissanime safe to use again yet? Its showing up as kissanime.ru now and I don't know whether that is good or bad?
Do not worry Comrade, your anime is safe with us, the people. Do not forget that we love capitalism and Donald Trump like you do, and also anime. Watch all the anime you want Comrade, because now it is free for the worker -w-working class. It is free for the working class.

Comrade.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29737 on: December 21, 2016, 11:41:23 pm »

Do not worry Comrade, your anime is safe with us, the people. Do not forget that we love capitalism and Donald Trump like you do, and also anime. Watch all the anime you want Comrade, because now it is free for the worker -w-working class. It is free for the working class. Comrade.
Sigged. I'd save it as a copypasta, too, but it's kinda specific.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29738 on: December 23, 2016, 12:23:38 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29739 on: December 23, 2016, 02:14:28 am »

Welp, I got caught up on Flip Flappers because of how recommended it is on here. At first I didn't know what to think.  It was a mix of "This is just silly/cute" which I like, but isn't my favorite thing, and some hints that it should be taken seriously, which kept me interested. Anyway, thanks to anybody who suggested it, I've been enjoying it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29740 on: December 23, 2016, 03:53:49 am »

You know... I'd probably start watching pokemon again if the writers said something like "This season watch as Ash takes on the Elite Four" or "Watch as Ash actually gets somewhere!"

Thank GOODNESS for freeken Battle Frontier which is basically a "Yeah we know the anime won't end with Ash taking on legendaries and beating the Elite Four... So here is a season based entirely around that"

At LEAST Pikachu is no longer Ash's weakest pokemon. There was a trend for a loooong time that Pikachu would become weaker and weaker as the show went on... Finally culminating in Black and White where Pikachu started to lose to pokemon weak to him (and not due to a great strategy... but because... Pikachu sucks)

----

Which is a long winded way of saying... I WANT to watch Pokémon again... But they don't let it go anywhere anymore. It is like watching a series of hour long movies that just... end at the 40 minute mark and go to the next movie. But dang it! It was a really good 40 minutes!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:03:41 am by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29741 on: December 23, 2016, 12:23:53 pm »

CODE GEASS PV
Orange-kun!? Suzaku forgetting what genre he's in? ANTICIPATION BUILDING

OTOH Lelouch apparently still has his Geass. Does that mean the Code theory is torpedoed or is something else going on? Maybe they're just being tricksy and having the mark of his Code appear in his eye instead of on his forehead. Or maybe it's an asspull. Or maybe a reset (given that they only showed his left eye, which is where it originally manifested). We'll see.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29742 on: December 23, 2016, 04:19:53 pm »

Really REALLY hope they have another season of Wixoss

I am not against what they had on base level to be the ending they went with...

But they left too many hanging threads and halted storylines.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29743 on: December 23, 2016, 07:02:27 pm »

CODE GEASS PV
...I recognize that bulge!

Also, yes, .ru is the original site owners, the .to and whatnot got hacked, the early reports I heard that .io was hackers are correct, they stole the .to server info and video links, they were rebuilding, there was a reddit thread where you can go report it to google and such if you wish, POWER TO THE PROLETARIAT-KUN!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29744 on: December 23, 2016, 11:42:43 pm »

According to the kissanime reddit .ru is now the official one. ".io" is the bad one.
Quote from: kissanime reddit sidebar
KissAnime has recently switched from the .to TLD to .ru due to recent events. .ru is now the official site, though .to now redirects to .ru so you can verify it yourself.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 1981 1982 [1983] 1984 1985 ... 2190