Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1982 1983 [1984] 1985 1986 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2762802 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29745 on: December 24, 2016, 05:04:30 am »

You guys were right.
Keijo is best thing ever.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29746 on: December 24, 2016, 09:13:01 am »

So uh, is Kissanime safe to use again yet? Its showing up as kissanime.ru now and I don't know whether that is good or bad?
Do not worry Comrade, your anime is safe with us, the people. Do not forget that we love capitalism and Donald Trump like you do, and also anime. Watch all the anime you want Comrade, because now it is free for the worker -w-working class. It is free for the working class.
Comrade.

My red sense was tingling, and so I came. I literally haven't opened this thread for months.

In anime related news, I'm watching Patlabor - saw Early Days and 3 movies. Kinda lost about what is next up, but surely Google will help me out. I'm digging it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29747 on: December 24, 2016, 11:12:23 pm »

You know... I'd probably start watching pokemon again if the writers said something like "This season watch as Ash takes on the Elite Four" or "Watch as Ash actually gets somewhere!"
It's not the fault of the writers. They generally want it to go somewhere. Hell, they got in a romance subplot that kind of went somewhere, recently. But they're not allowed to make the status quo change, because the anime is above all an advertising mechanism.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29748 on: December 25, 2016, 03:17:13 am »

Is .me safe? For kisscartoon I mean.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29749 on: December 25, 2016, 03:18:15 am »

You know... I'd probably start watching pokemon again if the writers said something like "This season watch as Ash takes on the Elite Four" or "Watch as Ash actually gets somewhere!"
It's not the fault of the writers. They generally want it to go somewhere. Hell, they got in a romance subplot that kind of went somewhere, recently. But they're not allowed to make the status quo change, because the anime is above all an advertising mechanism.

I know it isn't the Writer's fault :P

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29750 on: December 25, 2016, 11:29:47 am »

You know what I just realized I need in my life?

An anime about the logical conclusion of "The Power of Friendship" being the most powerful force in the world.

"Friendship Non-Proliferation Act"

Where the rulers of the world, I.E. those with the most friends, all sign a treaty and separate their citizens at all times, to prevent friendships from forming and changing the status quo.

Oh, almost forgot, Happy Frieza Day everyone!

Indeed, I do this.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29751 on: December 25, 2016, 12:56:28 pm »

Where the rulers of the world, I.E. those with the most friends, all sign a treaty and separate their citizens at all times, to prevent friendships from forming and changing the status quo.

But surely their oppressive rule can be overthrown by a ragtag team of teenagers with the power of... you guessed it, friendship.

This is a brilliant idea.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29752 on: December 25, 2016, 10:47:20 pm »

But surely their oppressive rule can be overthrown by a ragtag team of teenagers with the power of... you guessed it, friendship.

This is a brilliant idea.

NO WAIT

Instead of friendship, aforementioned teenagers all hate each other & only work together b/c they begrudgingly admit that they are physically incapable of doing it alone, and they don't even want to socialize with other people but they want to have the option, even if they're not going to use it. The final boss would see them fighting among themselves and exasperatedly ask why fight for something the hate so much and the heroes are like "it's the principle of the matter."
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29753 on: December 25, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »

Or better yet, when the main villain launches into his 'friendship conquers all' speech, the hero (s) cut him off and shout 'I'm/We're sick of all this crap and I've/we've come to shut you up for good.'
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29754 on: December 25, 2016, 11:44:50 pm »

The villain using the power of Friendship is an amazing idea.

But the heroes should use something else. The power of Superior Firepower? The power of the Atom? The power of My Mommy says I'm Cool?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29755 on: December 25, 2016, 11:49:20 pm »

I like hate and rage, not nearly enough REALLY angry (and no, I don't mean edgy, I mean Hulk smash) characters out there.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29756 on: December 26, 2016, 06:51:23 am »

I wonder.. Is there any anime opening or outro, which suits almost any kind of music?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29757 on: December 26, 2016, 07:05:06 am »

The villain using the power of Friendship is an amazing idea.
Its not just that though. Its also to explore the full societal consequences of Friendship being absurdly, brokenly powerful.
Like the aforementioned treaty, where it gets treated like NUCLEAR BOMBS.

So you have the Emperor of Friendship, Friend President, and Comrade Buddy as rulers of the world, but then you have terrorists who use friendship in an effort to get their demands met, and all sorts of weirdness.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29758 on: December 26, 2016, 07:13:00 am »

Team Rocket when they use the power of friendship tend to do a LOT better than they typically do.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29759 on: December 26, 2016, 07:35:38 am »

Team Rocket when they use the power of friendship tend to do a LOT better than they typically do.
Like, Survival? :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 1982 1983 [1984] 1985 1986 ... 2191