Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2093 2094 [2095] 2096 2097 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763691 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #31410 on: July 24, 2018, 04:23:28 pm »

In the latest episodes of Overlord, it seems that the magical goblins that Momonga gave to the girl npc in the first episodes of the show might be giving her collateral EXP from everything the goblins are doing. She's gettin' super stwong and apparently now has a huge modifier for giving commands. Progressing up the peasant skill tree really nicely I'd say. It'd be funny if she winds up becoming one of the strongest side characters in the show.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31411 on: July 24, 2018, 10:17:50 pm »

In the latest episodes of Overlord, it seems that the magical goblins that Momonga gave to the girl npc in the first episodes of the show might be giving her collateral EXP from everything the goblins are doing. She's gettin' super stwong and apparently now has a huge modifier for giving commands. Progressing up the peasant skill tree really nicely I'd say. It'd be funny if she winds up becoming one of the strongest side characters in the show.
I'm not up to date on the show so I don't know if this will be in either the next or subsequent episode or if it was omitted from the adaptation, but since I think most of this kind of thing doesn't make it into the anime
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #31412 on: July 29, 2018, 10:15:34 pm »

I finally finished the Fullmetal Alchemist manga!

It was awesome!

Ending almost made me cry. So well put together. AAAGH IT WAS SO GOOD.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31413 on: August 01, 2018, 01:07:32 am »

For the folks talking about "man, I thought Parasyte was going to end up as a weird alien-invasion-precursor type story" I'm kinda confused because isn't that literally just Gantz?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31414 on: August 03, 2018, 09:46:38 am »

For the folks talking about "man, I thought Parasyte was going to end up as a weird alien-invasion-precursor type story" I'm kinda confused because isn't that literally just Gantz?
Gantz sent people to some weird alt-place, feels like a rouge-like game world, unseen by the commons. 
Parasyte, things happen out in the open/public.

But yea, if you limit the scope to that one line, sure.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31415 on: August 03, 2018, 04:33:07 pm »

Nah, Gantz gets really weird and out in the open later.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31416 on: August 07, 2018, 03:20:26 pm »

I guess the big question is: what have you seen?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31417 on: August 07, 2018, 04:03:40 pm »

Darling in the Franxx?

Tho it kinda eases up on the giant mecha midway trough when drama starts to go ham.

Still, pretty good shit overall.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31418 on: August 07, 2018, 04:06:01 pm »

If you like Gundam, 008 MS Team and Turn A Gundam are both classics. I've heard Gundam Thunderbolt is pretty good as well.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31419 on: August 07, 2018, 04:18:09 pm »

Kuromukuro then. It's Evangelion with less interesting mecha designs but characters that aren't irritating twats all the time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31420 on: August 07, 2018, 04:22:01 pm »

Well, I guess I gotta recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's not particularly Evangelion-esque, but it's a great super robot show and the mecha get quite giant indeed.

I heard somewhere that RahXephon is quite similar to Evangelion in style but has different themes, so maybe give that one a shot as well. I haven't seen it myself.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #31421 on: August 07, 2018, 07:20:53 pm »

Evangelion: 4.0 any day now.

aaaaaannnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyy  ddddddddaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy nnnnnnoooooowwwwwwwwww
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31422 on: August 08, 2018, 01:40:02 am »

So.

Giant mecha.

What's worth watching? If it's bizarre or Evangelion-esque, that's just great.

Macross 7 is pretty bizarre, though in a very different way to Evangelion. The MC of Macross 7 is like the anti-Shinji: dude seriously doesn't give a fuck about anything except rockin' out. "basara eats a leaf" (video) is indicative of the dude's attitude to anything that isn't rockin' out.

Though start with the OVAs (short series) Macross Zero and Macross Plus, (optionally 1982 Macross here, if you can deal with 1980s animation, but it's a classic for a reason) then Macross Frontier (the slickest looking Macross with epic space mecha battles + great soundtrack). (then the optional Macross 7 but it's completely retarded and an acquired taste). Avoid the new one Macross Delta entirely, it's completely meh.

As for TTGL, check out the OVA Gunbuster 2 for an earlier version of some of the same ideas. Gunbuster 1 is effectively unrelated: Gunbuster 2 was what happened when the new generation at Gainax (who later became studio Trigger) started to take the reins.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:58:23 am by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31423 on: August 08, 2018, 05:35:20 am »

One of my secret shames is Godannar. It's the perfect blending of giant mecha robot fights against giant insects and fanservice. *Puts arm around Woody's shoulder* Fanservice. Fanservice everywhere.

And if you're willing to go back in time a bit, there's Giant Robo. It's amazingly hammy and oldschool in all the right ways.

And if you want a classic, something that used to be on Toonami's anime block is Big O. The first description that pops into my mind is if David Cage's 'Detroit: Become Human' also just so happened to have giant robot battles in it. Plus you'll like the opening song: BIG O! BIG O BIG O BIG OOOOOOOOOOOOO.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 05:37:38 am by JoshuaFH »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31424 on: August 08, 2018, 05:07:07 pm »

So.

Giant mecha.

What's worth watching? If it's bizarre or Evangelion-esque, that's just great.

Macross 7 is pretty bizarre, though in a very different way to Evangelion. The MC of Macross 7 is like the anti-Shinji: dude seriously doesn't give a fuck about anything except rockin' out. "basara eats a leaf" (video) is indicative of the dude's attitude to anything that isn't rockin' out.

Though start with the OVAs (short series) Macross Zero and Macross Plus, (optionally 1982 Macross here, if you can deal with 1980s animation, but it's a classic for a reason) then Macross Frontier (the slickest looking Macross with epic space mecha battles + great soundtrack). (then the optional Macross 7 but it's completely retarded and an acquired taste). Avoid the new one Macross Delta entirely, it's completely meh.

As for TTGL, check out the OVA Gunbuster 2 for an earlier version of some of the same ideas. Gunbuster 1 is effectively unrelated: Gunbuster 2 was what happened when the new generation at Gainax (who later became studio Trigger) started to take the reins.
Was Macross 7 the one with the giant surfing SDF scene?

Wait, quick check suggests it was Macross Plus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uULjjKgHPkE

Which is stupid but fantastic and reminds me of Eureka 7 for my giant robot suggestion.
Pages: 1 ... 2093 2094 [2095] 2096 2097 ... 2191