Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2116 2117 [2118] 2119 2120 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2764271 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #31755 on: March 07, 2019, 09:23:45 pm »

Explaining the joke: Bakugo's voice actor also voices a character in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, who makes no effort to sound any different from Bakugo. So similar, that even though I knew I was watching Jojo, I was certain he was going to scream something about Deku.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31756 on: March 07, 2019, 09:27:59 pm »

I'll never understand why the same Internet that decries bullying in all its forms will fanboy so hard over Angry Explosion Kid. From what I remember, Bakugo's an unrepentant jackass with basically no redeeming character traits.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #31757 on: March 07, 2019, 11:12:24 pm »

I'll never understand why the same Internet that decries bullying in all its forms will fanboy so hard over Angry Explosion Kid. From what I remember, Bakugo's an unrepentant jackass with basically no redeeming character traits.
I guess it depends what you mean by fanboying but I'm sure you can think of characters people like who have done worse than bully people. You can still be entertained by characters who are assholes.

Also, I can name at least one good trait he has. Bakugo is a determined person which I'd say without context could be considered a good trait, and he's still a hero, so ultimately his morals lie on the side of good even though he's still a jerk, and he elevates the main character because he's an asshole, that makes him entertaining.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:16:18 pm by Parsely »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31758 on: March 08, 2019, 12:52:19 am »

Finding a mech-shaped hole in my heart and having loved Iron-Blooded Orphans, I finally decided to check out another Gundam show. I'm watching Seed, apparently a "remaster," and it's okay I guess. The fights aren't very interesting, the characters are pretty generic, and the art style just looks... off. Every fourth or fifth time they show a given character it seems really off-model and weird. Maybe I'm imagining it. So far it's just okay-ish.

Is there a fan-favorite Gundam series, or one that would be more akin to IBO?

also for the original Gundam timeline (Gundam 0079+), the OVAs can be watched without having seen any of the  main series, since they're all standalone stories set during the same war but featuring entirely different characters, military units and locations.

Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (6 eps)
Gundam: The 08th MS Team (13 eps)

The fore-mentioned Unicorn and Thunderbolt are also part of the UC Gundam setting. You can watch all those and follow along what's going on, however to get the bigger picture you do need to eventually watch Gundam 0079. It's good if you can get over the date artwork.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:57:40 am by Reelya »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31759 on: March 08, 2019, 12:41:33 pm »

Is there any evidence in My Hero Academia that Denki Kaminari gets stupider over time, as he exceeds his wattage limit again and again?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31760 on: March 08, 2019, 12:46:19 pm »

That's his secret, he's always stupid.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31761 on: March 08, 2019, 12:48:41 pm »

That's not my question, I know he starts out stupid, but it is probably because exceeding his wattage limit also permanently lowers his intelligence, instead of temporarily.
 I was wondering if he actually gets demonstrably more stupid during the manga's/anime's run.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31762 on: March 08, 2019, 12:50:22 pm »

I've actually never heard that it permanently lowers his intelligence, I thought he only has the short spurts of extreme idiocy when he blows his own fuses.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31763 on: March 08, 2019, 12:52:29 pm »

Yeah, but if you think about it, a power that is seen to lower intelligence during a time and his already low intelligence go hand in hand, so its quite possible each instance of extreme idiocy increases his base idiocy, and that is why he has low intelligence in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:55:01 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31764 on: March 08, 2019, 01:00:19 pm »

With some exceptions, quirk users seem to have both their power and an implied immunity to their own power. Hence why Bakugo doesn't blow himself up or deafen himself with his own explosions, or why Kaminari doesn't electrocute himself, or why Todoroki neither burns himself or gives himself frostbite.

I mean, it'd be a REAL DEPRESSING DOWNER of a story arc if we follow the kids through the years, and Kaminari eventually has to be permanently hospitalized for all the brain damage he's inflicted on himself.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31765 on: March 08, 2019, 01:02:53 pm »

He's cute, that's all the Internet really needs.

Beyond that, Deku still likes him and doesn't seem unduly harmed by his bullshit, so there's plenty of room to brush it off.

Yeah, but if you think about it, a power that is seen to lower intelligence during a time and his already low intelligence go hand in hand, so its quite possible each instance of extreme idiocy increases his base idiocy, and that is why he has low intelligence in the first place.
That or his overloads are just routed through noncritical systems to begin with.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31766 on: March 08, 2019, 01:10:29 pm »

Kaminari can't be that stupid, he got into the top hero school and it had a written exam, didn't it? 

I think he's just stupid in comparison to the rest of the genius's there.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31767 on: March 08, 2019, 01:37:25 pm »

TBH I never saw his overloads as lowering his intelligence below operating levels, simply a case of stunning/dazing himself with the overloads, you know, exerting his body beyond its limits so it kinda shuts down and goes into recovery for a while, not neccessarily anything permanently damaging.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31768 on: March 08, 2019, 07:30:55 pm »

Kaminari can't be that stupid, he got into the top hero school and it had a written exam, didn't it? 

I think he's just stupid in comparison to the rest of the genius's there.
That's because
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's a lie, probably. We still don't know who the traitor is, and chapter 170 never featured that page
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31769 on: March 09, 2019, 06:59:52 am »

I would say that that's too big of a spoiler man. That's not anywhere close to where the anime leaves off.
Pages: 1 ... 2116 2117 [2118] 2119 2120 ... 2191