Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2121 2122 [2123] 2124 2125 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2764186 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #31830 on: April 27, 2019, 11:57:07 am »

I just finished Jojo Stardust Crusaders, and holy carp, that was some of the worst anime I've ever seen.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'd agree that Stardust is more about the journey than the destination (as opposed to Parts 1 and 2, which had more of that overarching plot), but I felt the journey was pretty damned enjoyable. There's a lot more characterization (which I suppose does the opposite of help if you don't like the characters) and room for wacky nonsense.

On a broader note, the thing to remember about Jojo is that every part is innately experimental, because he's trying to do something different with it. The key here is in which ways; apparently you found Parts 1 and 2 to be similar enough to enjoy and lump together, whereas 3 changed something that altered its classification. That's unfortunate, but hard to predict.

I'm now curious if you're going to move on to Part 4, and what your opinions of it will be if so. It's highly episodic, but still has much more of an overarching plot than Stardust.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #31831 on: April 27, 2019, 09:16:18 pm »

I'm now curious if you're going to move on to Part 4, and what your opinions of it will be if so. It's highly episodic, but still has much more of an overarching plot than Stardust.

I am moving on to part 4. Only 5 episodes in, but so far it seems far better. I'm definitely optimistic at this point.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #31832 on: April 29, 2019, 11:08:41 am »

I just finished Jojo Stardust Crusaders
Don't you mean Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure?  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31833 on: May 01, 2019, 05:58:43 pm »

Just picked up Kimetsu no Yaiba for the four-episode test and I gotta say that ufotable knocked it out of the park. Shonen as all get-out of course, but the animation is superb, the music is great, and they managed to make 3D CG look good -- this coming from someone who fucking despises 3D CG.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31834 on: May 06, 2019, 04:29:56 pm »

This might not be the best place to ask, but is there a western animation equivalent to Crunchyroll?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31835 on: May 16, 2019, 08:19:42 am »

Netflix?

In other news, I feel like the second season of OPM is starting to show the seams. The writing is still quite good, although moving to an arc-model is very standard shounen. Also, whilst the animation isn’t bad, I feel like it’s lacking the ambition of the first season. Basically you start to notice a lot of very standard shounen shortcuts.

It’s kind of annoying when the first season was built entirely on subversion, and now it’s just more MHA. Still great, but not what made it gold in the first place.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31836 on: May 16, 2019, 12:40:15 pm »

Netflix?
Unless I've made a mistake, that is not true, since Netflix is not free.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31837 on: May 16, 2019, 12:56:41 pm »

I'm not sure if they still offer it, but you can get 1 month in a free trial.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #31838 on: May 16, 2019, 02:20:46 pm »

I just finished watching the latest dubbed episode of Jojo DiU, where Kira's new power was revealed...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #31839 on: May 16, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »

It just worksTM
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31840 on: May 16, 2019, 04:01:32 pm »

Talking about One Piece.
Someone said that the Human Human Fruit is the worst devil fruit. While it isn't the best fruit, and probably deserves a spot near the bottom, he said its because it is useless when eaten by a human.
It explicitly gives its user to speak all human languages, which, while not super useful, is far from useless.
And it theoretically doubles its users strength, durability, Etc., Though that is speculation.
In addition, unless the Jailer Beasts are not human, the Human Human Fruit is probably the best awakened zoan ( Of a non-mythic.), since it would not give you animal intelligence like the rest.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 04:09:51 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31841 on: May 17, 2019, 01:06:11 am »

I don't remember how Kira's power worked in the manga, but I don't think I remember being confused by it at all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31842 on: May 17, 2019, 01:22:22 am »

Regarding Kira's power:

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31843 on: May 17, 2019, 02:47:10 pm »

Netflix?
Unless I've made a mistake, that is not true, since Netflix is not free.
I pay for crunchyroll so ymmv.

Talking about One Piece.
Someone said that the Human Human Fruit is the worst devil fruit. While it isn't the best fruit, and probably deserves a spot near the bottom, he said its because it is useless when eaten by a human.
It explicitly gives its user to speak all human languages, which, while not super useful, is far from useless.
And it theoretically doubles its users strength, durability, Etc., Though that is speculation.
In addition, unless the Jailer Beasts are not human, the Human Human Fruit is probably the best awakened zoan ( Of a non-mythic.), since it would not give you animal intelligence like the rest.
Heh. A random redditor doing a First Million Words project wrote a short story about shapeshifters who would turn into their spirit animal, and one turned into a human, becoming twice as human.
Definitely has a HFY angle, but I'd say it agrees with what you're saying. A human eating the human-human fruit would probably be a superperson.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31844 on: May 17, 2019, 03:23:10 pm »

'Course, twice a human in one piece world probably still leaves you basically cannon fodder tier on its own, iirc, so... yeah. Baseline human doesn't seem to mean much in that setting. Multiplier would help but you'd need like more than just double to be particularly meaningful without some sort of assistance.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2121 2122 [2123] 2124 2125 ... 2191