Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2131 2132 [2133] 2134 2135 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2762625 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #31980 on: July 18, 2019, 07:39:08 am »

... yeah, note that this looks to be the largest mass murder event in modern japanese history. Latest toll I've seen confirmed is 33 dead. Seems like somewhere over a quarter of kyoani's staff have been killed :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #31981 on: July 18, 2019, 08:27:27 am »

Arsonist supposedly chained all the fire exits, poured petrol on people and tried to stab anyone leaving the main entrance.

It’s gonna be tough coming back from this

Internet circles (2ch etc.) are saying that the possible motive was that the arsonist was a delusional train otaku outraged over Hibike Euphonium because it took a 'train song' and re-purposed it, hence the shouts of plagiarism.

Yeah. I don't know either.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:26:34 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31982 on: July 18, 2019, 10:52:26 am »

There is more debate about the liquid that was used than I would have expected (read: any debate at all). Dude set people on fire. Does it matter if he used kerosene, gasoline, or some other flammable liquid at that point?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31983 on: July 18, 2019, 04:16:45 pm »

Could be people trying to find/create inconsistencies so they can claim the event didn't actually happen. Some folks see false-flag operations in anything.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31984 on: July 18, 2019, 06:35:21 pm »

There is more debate about the liquid that was used than I would have expected (read: any debate at all). Dude set people on fire. Does it matter if he used kerosene, gasoline, or some other flammable liquid at that point?
Well, it does matter if it was some rare liquid he was gifted by the government, but yeah, its unlikely its important.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31985 on: July 20, 2019, 06:18:10 pm »

this is horrific news.

Edit: this article in The Guardian has a lot of good background on Kyoto Animation
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/21/kyoto-animations-stories-celebrated-warmth-and-belonging-the-fire-is-a-tragic-loss-of-life-and-legacy

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:29:03 am by Reelya »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31986 on: July 21, 2019, 05:05:17 pm »

Could be people trying to find/create inconsistencies so they can claim the event didn't actually happen. Some folks see false-flag operations in anything.
People worried about that kind of thing have a lot of totally legitimate concerns regarding fire safety standards to bring up. The fact that Japan generally doesn't have fire escapes, for one thing, and the fact that the roof door, which could have saved lives, was locked. The huge focus on wood, structural elements of which could have been impregnated with flame retardant relatively cheaply at the time of construction (but wasn't) also crops up.

Although from what I've seen, conspiracy theorists are mostly fixating on the fact that the main doors were open because the NHK were planning to come over, which isn't supposed to be SOP for a press visit anywhere, and now the NHK has a big story which naturally they were first on the scene for. But that's consistent with KyoAni being in a nice area and having no real fear of anything like this happening and just generally being careless.

People just aren't comfortable with the idea that one lunatic acting alone can wreak this kind of havoc. But even if I don't think it was the main fault in this case, hopefully this is a wake up call for fire safety standards in Japan in general, since it has long been notorious among developed nations for having poor building codes.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #31987 on: July 22, 2019, 11:35:58 pm »

Spoiler alert from latest chapter of HI3. If you don't play, it's worth a watch!

Honkai Impact 3rd - Cyberangel: ZERO Exception

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31989 on: July 25, 2019, 05:29:03 pm »

I mean, if you don't look too closely she looks ok? Then you realize her shirt and hair is an eldritch abomination.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31990 on: July 25, 2019, 07:08:53 pm »

I had to try it as well.  On the one hand, it's conceptually interesting, and on the other hand, it's always amusing to see what monstrosities these random character generators put out.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31991 on: July 25, 2019, 11:30:33 pm »

That hand is something special...

Can you link directly from the site? I don't really want to upload it anywhere.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31992 on: July 26, 2019, 12:10:57 am »

The random waifu tech has been around for a while (https://www.thiswaifudoesnotexist.net/), what's new is the procedural steps where you pick from grid. And, I think, ending up on a page that will sell you a pillow of your procedural waifu for $90.

That hand is something special...

Can you link directly from the site? I don't really want to upload it anywhere.
You can't, because the site doesn't retain an image, the image only exists in your browser and the data to represent it exceeds 40000 characters (maximum allowed length for a forum post here) so you can't embed it or link it without it being saved as an image somewhere.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31993 on: July 26, 2019, 12:52:13 am »

Pretty neat, I messed with it a while.  I feel like their tends to be a "wonky" option in the color palette stage, but it sometimes transitions into surprisingly good results.  I also appreciate how it has some Korean-esque art along with the typical Japanese tropes.

Saved for the record, obviously wrong in various ways, but oddly comfortable.
(balloons aside)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #31994 on: July 26, 2019, 06:21:57 am »

The tech isn't much ahead of TWDNE, unless I'm remembering it as being based off the wrong paper (I happen to work with something very similar, except for neural imaging not waifus). Someone recently-ish put out a paper with more direct conditioning on waifu characteristics. This site is a bit of a cop out, because I'd stake money you never get shown a waifu with glasses (or drills). :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 2131 2132 [2133] 2134 2135 ... 2191