Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2132 2133 [2134] 2135 2136 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763685 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #31995 on: July 26, 2019, 03:29:43 pm »

I'm not bothering, I'm only allowed to have a waifu if she has more than 6 legs or is a really cute mantid.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31996 on: July 26, 2019, 03:40:59 pm »

The internet fulfills its true purpose at last, we have AI generated custom waifus
I'd like to give this a try, but oh holy fuck it does not play nice with my browser. Just loading the page shoots my computer's RAM usage all the way up to the upper 90s, and if I try to generate a new list of potential waifus the browser turns to sludge until I force-close it.

I have yet to make it past step 1.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31997 on: July 26, 2019, 05:25:48 pm »

Ha, it doesn't even work on mobile browsers and I can't be arsed pull it up on the laptop. I haven't even made it to step one :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31998 on: July 26, 2019, 09:32:04 pm »

And, I think, ending up on a page that will sell you a pillow of your procedural waifu for $90.
I feel like this is the real breakthrough.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31999 on: July 27, 2019, 12:42:10 pm »

Apparently Zombie Land Saga is getting a second season.

I might actually watch, despite disliking idol shows on a general basis. ZLS was actually pretty good for what it was, and had a lot of good humor in it. Producer himself was a friggin' hoot who could have carried the entire show on his back alone, but between the based biker zombie girl and the couple of legitimately surprising twists, he didn't have to.

Which is quite a lot of effort for a genre normally reserved for "We dunno what else to make this season but we need to fill a time slot, get some monkeys on typewriters and the first three coherent words they make are the 'twists' we'll go with."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32000 on: July 27, 2019, 07:17:59 pm »

Ha, it doesn't even work on mobile browsers and I can't be arsed pull it up on the laptop. I haven't even made it to step one :P

Waifu labs keeps crashing Firefox for me too, as in all Firefox windows instantly crash and close without warning. I gave up, never did get a finished Waifu, and only got to the decorating stage one time, it usually crashes the browser before that.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32001 on: July 27, 2019, 08:00:39 pm »

Firefox totally stops responding for me after picking a waifu from the first grid.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32002 on: July 28, 2019, 09:48:01 am »

Odd, works fine for me on firefox... (68.0.1 64bit, win7)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32003 on: July 29, 2019, 01:38:26 am »

Finished re-watching part 3 of Jojo. God, I still love the final fight. Might honestly be my favourite still, even over part 4's.

Haven't seen Vento Aureo's final few episodes, cause the entire reason I started the re-watch was to buy time for the latest season to finish. But remembering the manga, the desperate struggle to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
even while reading it, was never something that could top my love for the Stand duel/fist fight/chess game between Jotaro and DIO.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32004 on: July 29, 2019, 07:10:24 am »

I was honestly so bewildered at the final two episodes, having not read the manga beforehand I had to speculate on how the finale was going to go off.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #32005 on: July 29, 2019, 09:23:41 am »

Rolling Stones being placed as the final arc was weird pacing-wise, going from time skipping mafiosi to ... a slightly menacing rock.

Thematically wise it ties in with the overarching theme of 'fate'.

Also the not-so-subtle Jesus symbolism
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32006 on: July 29, 2019, 12:32:30 pm »

Seems to be the season for survival anime, watching both Dr Stone and 'Are you lost'.

It's kind of hilarious because I enjoy them both for different reasons and yet find them both short of 4/5's for eachother's shortcomings.

Are you lost (Sounan desu ka?) has awesome survivalist stuff, really useful info like the rule of 3 and the basics of obtaining most necessities, but has absurd amounts of fanservice. Presumably some of the dumber kids will begin to wise up by the end of the season, and I'm keen to see that, but for now the frustrations of having some girls turn their noses up at eating cicadas is improved by the feeling of strange gratification when one of the more practical-minded ones begins to take the lessons on board.

Dr Stone meanwhile is awesome, but it's more of a transall saga-type deal. When the 'survival' begins, there's already food, water and shelter available, and the bare minimum of effort is put into their day-to-day sustenance. Not a huge amount of fanservice so far which also makes me happy (although I realise I'm in a minority for disliking it), but my only downward thumb is basically due to overpowered protagonist syndrome. There's this one kid, and he knows everything there is to know about science. Great. He also somehow learned survival skills, and ate lion. The series would probably fall apart if he was clueless but it gets on my nerves occasionally.
Then again you're already in a situation where someone can crush rock with their bare hands so suspension of disbelief is a lot higher.

Edit: Also a non-crunchyroll pick I only just discovered- Fairy Gone. Industrial fantasy anime. Cool as heck. I’m quite enjoying it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:10:09 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32007 on: July 29, 2019, 12:57:32 pm »

Dr. Stone feels like it's populated by Danganronpa characters for how exaggerated they are.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32008 on: July 30, 2019, 09:58:15 am »

Nanami is the best part of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32009 on: August 03, 2019, 11:38:15 am »

Saw a certain magical accelerator was coming out, and seeing as i’d never seen any other of the series I tramped off to find them. Animelab no, Crunchyroll no. Turns out they’re on Netflix.

Pseudo-great, except for the subtitles. Onee-sama is translated as “sissy” which is just the worst thing ever.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 2132 2133 [2134] 2135 2136 ... 2191