Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2140 2141 [2142] 2143 2144 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763511 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32115 on: September 12, 2019, 07:44:38 am »

I'll have to watch that Tada show. The title reminds me of Tanaka-kun is Always Listless which I saw pretty recently. It was a good show, the best show about a sleepy person since Sleeping with Hinako.

EDIT: @SquatchHammer: actually that's the correct English translation for the type of flowers mentioned. Consider this recipe. Stir-fried beef and rape blossoms:

http://www.kikkoman.com/en/cookbook/search/recipe/00000690/index.html
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:55:43 am by Reelya »

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32116 on: September 13, 2019, 06:10:44 am »

Goddammit.... I must be a sucker for romance. I will have to get a bulk supply of tissues when I watch those kind of series. Last three episodes went through a box.

Now I am wondering if there's something wrong with me...
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32117 on: September 13, 2019, 07:35:17 am »

Then you should really watch Clannad. There are plenty of tear-jerker moments throughout, however by the time you get to the end of Clannad: After Story it'll hit you like a ton of bricks. Avoid any spoilers however.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32118 on: September 13, 2019, 08:56:07 am »

I'd also recommend Angel Beats, which is by the same writer, and I liked immensely.

There's also Anohana (Full name: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai) which is one of the best tear jerkers ever made. Now on Netflix.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32119 on: September 13, 2019, 09:14:42 am »

There's also Air, by the same original writing team as Clannad and Angel Beats. Although I highly recommend the movie version of Air rather than the TV version for the best overall experience. The TV version is a condensed version of a visual novel, and there's just this really confusing plot twist in the middle that they don't properly explain. The movie version just does away with most of the extraneous stuff and does a really good job of presenting the core story, as its own thing. However see the TV version as well. Don't forget to see the Air in Summer OVA, and you're supposed to watch that after seeing episode 8 of the Air TV show. The Air TV show is still worth seeing after seeing the movie, as the entire thing just has many more layers to the story than the movie, so they're effectively different things.

Also, ef: A Tale of Memories and ef: A Tale of Melodies. Which are also visual novel adaptations. For these however, one plot "spoiler" helps make sense of the plot, because it's just not explained at all in the anime, I guess they assumed the viewer was already familiar with the source material. There are actually two "sister cities" in this series, with buildings that are replicas of the buildings in the other city. This is especially noticeable in relation to the church in the series. One set of characters go to the church and this guy is always there, and the other set of characters go to the church and this girl is always there. It's actually the two churches in the different cities, which explains why the guy and the girl never run into each other. The guy and the girl have a connection that's explained in the second season.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:27:42 am by Reelya »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #32120 on: September 13, 2019, 10:37:29 am »

Then you should really watch Clannad.

Read the original VN, don't be a filthy secondary
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32121 on: September 13, 2019, 10:56:35 am »

Angel... beats?
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #32122 on: September 13, 2019, 11:25:03 am »

Angel... beats?
It takes place in purgatory and there's an Angel that needs beating
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32123 on: September 13, 2019, 11:34:44 am »

Both words of the title have two meaning. The antagonist is called Tenshi, which means Angel, and all the characters are dead, hence "angels". Plus there's fighting and they play in a band, hence "beats".

I'm surprised you haven't at least heard of it, it was a pretty huge deal when it aired.
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity

Note, this is the top anime by popularity not overall user ratings, and Angel Beats is #10 on this list, just behind Naruto (Naruto being #9 should indicate that this isn't the list based on actual quality, just how many people have watched at least one episode of these shows. If you switch to the user-ratings list you won't find Naruto even in the top 500). Which shows that Angel Beats is a pretty big deal for a show that's arguably more obscure, since a lot of people have seen Naruto.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 11:44:08 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32124 on: September 13, 2019, 01:30:25 pm »

That was supposed to say "Angel... bleats?"

Just a joke on what the name looked like. Mobile must have corrected it without me noticing.

Not that I had any idea of what show that was anyway, I'm not particularly into the animes. So thanks anyway ;)
Love, scriver~

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #32125 on: September 16, 2019, 12:21:14 am »

Yo, Duke of Death and His Black Maid is a pretttttty good read.  Takes a while before any plot happens, but there's a lot of "plot" going around.  Surprisingly wholesome too, interesting aesthetic too.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32126 on: September 19, 2019, 06:01:17 am »

Dammit, here I am looking for another light hearted romance in the series called The World God Only Knows and it's making me cry every episode. Dammit, I didn't want another AmagamiSS type anime but some how I keep getting dragged into those types of series.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32127 on: September 19, 2019, 06:31:50 am »

W... wait, what? The World Only God Knows is making you cry? The one where some dude that excessively played dating sims gets jacked by weird shit?

Is the anime significantly different from the manga or somethin'? Tear-jerker is, uh. Not how I'd classify that at all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32128 on: September 19, 2019, 06:36:03 am »

It's not because of the MC that's doing it but for the girls that have the issues that surround them gets me wet.

Even though it seems like MC doesn't like to admit it, he does ever so slightly fall for the girls that he has to target for the souls.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 06:39:59 am by SquatchHammer »

King of Candy Island.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32129 on: September 19, 2019, 01:04:32 pm »

W... wait, what? The World Only God Knows is making you cry? The one where some dude that excessively played dating sims gets jacked by weird shit?

Is the anime significantly different from the manga or somethin'? Tear-jerker is, uh. Not how I'd classify that at all.
Different people cry from different things.
Pages: 1 ... 2140 2141 [2142] 2143 2144 ... 2191